My Seven Year Old Daughter Finally

ILSnwdog

This last weekend, my seven year old daughter Tori, asked me if Rush ever has another concert, if she could come with me. 1022.gif

She really loves YYZ and Far Cry. smile.gif

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Aug 2 2011, 08:40 AM)
This last weekend, my seven year old daughter Tori, asked me if Rush ever has another concert, if she could come with me. 1022.gif

Awesome - my 11 year old daughter asked me the same thing. You're making the trip up to Milwaukee next tour smile.gif

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Aug 2 2011, 08:42 AM)
This last weekend, my seven year old daughter Tori, asked me if Rush ever has another concert, if she could come with me.  1022.gif

She really loves YYZ and Far Cry.  smile.gif

Awesome - my 11 year old daughter asked me the same thing. You're making the trip up to Milwaukee next tour smile.gif

That would be fun. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ Aug 2 2011, 08:50 AM)
It's amazing how you can get your daughters to enjoy Rush but I can't get my friends to.

When we first got married, my wife hated Rush. I took her to a concert (because 2 friends just had babies and another one just got laid off) and she HATED it. I updated her iPod with the latest software last weekend and she had me throw a few Rush songs on there. trink39.gif

Her requests?

Time Stand Still

Limelight

Red Barchetta

Camera Eye

Subdivisions

Edited by Lost In Xanadu

That's wonderful. I'm sure you are proud. yes.gif

When I pick up my 8 year old daughter, as she puts it, "You can listen to nothing but Rush while I'm in the car Daddy". So I get my share of Rush these days!

What's funny, is that whenever an instrumental or (especially) Neil's drum solo comes on, I hear from the back seat, BORING!!! laugh.gif

Mine was 5 (or 6) when she saw her first Rush show (and yes,she asked to go). She is 19 now and has around 12 Rush shows under belt. We have a lot of great memories seeing Rush as well as other bands. She started out on the Grateful Dead when she was 4.

Kids are extremely impressionable. I would just assume they liked it because their parent, whom they obviously like, enjoy it. I wouldn't go as far as saying that they're a fan, not yet at least. Only time will tell if they truly like it or if they were just trying to emulate their parents.

QUOTE (Draco @ Aug 2 2011, 03:50 PM)
When I pick up my 8 year old daughter, as she puts it, "You can listen to nothing but Rush while I'm in the car Daddy". So I get my share of Rush these days!

That's great!

My daughter has no say in the matter... I drive, I choose the music. yes.gif

IL Snowdog, I hope you and your daughter both enjoy the next show! cool.gif