get RUSH on SNL...

liddybuck01

QUOTE (Pags @ Jun 13 2011, 05:54 PM)
It could be cool if they did SNL. The problem with wanting them to do new material is... they don't have any new material. Even the last two CA releases are over a year old already. Not sure what they would play unless they schedule something after CA is released (if it is ever released).

What if they took part in a skit? I don't watch SNL often but why not having something ripping on an older skit?

Band plays a section of a new song in recording studio, producer stamps in:

PRODUCER: Stop. Stop. You guys are killing me! Do you seriously want to pull off another Vapor Trails album?!

ALEX: What do you mean?

PRODUCER: I mean that you are too loud, Neil is too loud and we still need more Geddy overdubs for the chorus!

ALEX: More overdubs? We already have 7 different Geddy backup tracks!

PRODUCER: AND YOU THINK THAT'S ENOUGH?! There should be a whole ARMY of Geddy Lee backup vocalists singing to the heavens!

I'm not sure where to go from there, but you guys get the picture. They could do a skit of some sort. We've seen them appear in movies before, why not do it again?

QUOTE (hunter @ Jun 13 2011, 02:13 PM)
QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Jun 13 2011, 06:32 AM)
I guess it would be cool so it can expouse them to more people. But what i'm more shocked to learn while reading this thread is that SNL is still on the air and people still watch it? biggrin.gif

The latest cast is actually pretty good. But I hear what you're saying.

Ive heard. I havent given it a chance cause it has Sucked for SOOOO long!!!

QUOTE (USB Connector @ Jun 13 2011, 05:33 PM)
What if they took part in a skit? I don't watch SNL often but why not having something ripping on an older skit?

PRODUCER: Stop. Stop. You guys are killing me! Do you seriously want to pull off another Vapor Trails album?!
PRODUCER: I mean that you are too loud, Neil is too loud and we still need more Geddy overdubs for the chorus!
PRODUCER: AND YOU THINK THAT'S ENOUGH?! There should be a whole ARMY of Geddy Lee backup vocalists singing to the heavens!

I'm not sure where to go from there, but you guys get the picture. They could do a skit of some sort. We've seen them appear in movies before, why not do it again?

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif yes.gif yes.gif yes.gif I would pay to see that!!!!!!

The producer should be played by...

CHRISTOPHER WALKEN.

http://hahamusic.files.wordpress.com/2006/12/cowbell6wy.jpg

Edited by CMWriter

QUOTE (hunter @ Jun 13 2011, 01:13 PM)
QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Jun 13 2011, 06:32 AM)
I guess it would be cool so it can expouse them to more people. But what i'm more shocked to learn while reading this thread is that SNL is still on the air and people still watch it? biggrin.gif

The latest cast is actually pretty good. But I hear what you're saying.

The only time in recent years where I would put it on ever so often was to catch Tina Fey and Amy Poehler doing weekend update. Other than that I haven't been interested in what this show has done since the mid 90s. At least both Tina and Amy have moved onto better shows.

yes, some of the new stuff is hit or miss. but honestly, every season has had bad sketches. most of the skits now revolve around Kristen Wiig, who i can't stand. but with the success of the digital shorts, it has brought a new life to the show.

watch this and tell me it's NOT funny!!

also, THIS!!!

Edited by liddybuck01

QUOTE (CMWriter @ Jun 13 2011, 10:42 PM)

CHRISTOPHER WALKEN.

The best thing he ever did was A View to a Kill.

I would like to see Rush on snl, but I'm not prepared to do anything about it. I could see them playing caravan and tom sawyer, and melting a few faces in the process. That would be f***ing cool 1022.gif

QUOTE (D3strukt @ Jun 14 2011, 09:47 AM)
QUOTE (CMWriter @ Jun 13 2011, 10:42 PM)

CHRISTOPHER WALKEN.

The best thing he ever did was A View to a Kill.

I like the Vapor Trail line! That would be classic!

rofl3.gif

What I thought would also be funny would be different cast members portraying rock icons doing a Rush compilation album with the band and changing the lyrics like the intro by South Park.

Like:

Sting Singing.... Closer to the Teacher

Bono Singing..... Limelight Bloody Limelight

Pink Singing....... Pink Barchetta

Bon Jovi Singing..Bad Money

Ozzy singing........Bats by Night

rofl3.gif

This would be great only if Christopher Walken would walk in Yell:

"Stop, Stop! I need more Cowbell" during Big Money or another song with Heavy Cowbells.

rofl3.gif

I guess Seven Cities of Gold would apply now! I would be great to watch Neil get pissed and just wail on the cowbell tree and say " is that enough cowbell for ya?"

:rage:

Now, THIS is a good idea! I could just see especially Lifeson in a few of those insane skits... he really is one funny dude. Geddy too...

The guys on SNL?? That would be the icing on the cake at this point.....Alex would tear the place down!! How can we get Neil into the action?? I know he's so adverse to these types of attention getters....

:huh:

• Like 1

The guys on SNL?? That would be the icing on the cake at this point.....Alex would tear the place down!! How can we get Neil into the action?? I know he's so adverse to these types of attention getters....

:huh:

it would be pretty epic!

:codger:

• Like 1