If you could invent a Time Machine...

Babycat

QUOTE (Tommy Sawyer @ Jun 3 2011, 02:30 PM)
I'd solve the mystery of Stonehenge. Also, I'd shoot Justin Bieber before he got famous. angry.gif

Think you could include Rebecca Black and the Kardashians in that?

I'd go back and set up a tropical island for myself, like Fiji, before anyone else got there...and bring some bad@$$ weapons to fight off pirates and missionaries and dysentery.

QUOTE (HowItIs @ Jun 3 2011, 10:44 PM)
QUOTE (Tommy Sawyer @ Jun 3 2011, 02:30 PM)
I'd solve the mystery of Stonehenge. Also, I'd shoot Justin Bieber before he got famous. angry.gif

Think you could include Rebecca Black and the Kardashians in that?

You forgot Lady GaGa, Eminem, Ke$ha, [insert pop star], etc.

I'm gonna need more guns... laugh.gif

QUOTE (ioc @ Jun 4 2011, 02:54 AM)
I'd go back and set up a tropical island for myself, like Fiji, before anyone else got there...and bring some bad@$$ weapons to fight off pirates and missionaries and dysentery.

What about zombies?

QUOTE (Mara @ Jun 3 2011, 03:32 PM)
For example, say you could have been around when Hitler was born and, since you'd be in possession of knowledge no one else had, managed to somehow snuff him out in his infancy?  If that's too brutal for you, imagine what you might have done to influence his youth and upbringing - maybe mentor him to become a successful artist or something.

Safe to say it would have altered the course of world history.  But how, and to what extent?

The problem with the "Take out baby Hitler" gambit is this: In early 20th century Germany, there were LOTS of fascist political thugs-in-waiting, and one of them could have taken Hitler's place. Someone smarter than Adolph could have become Chancellor.....and won the war.

scared.gif scared.gif scared.gif

I would go back to my hometown, around 1972, find myself as a boy, and give myself a three-word message:

Invest in Microsoft.

QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ Jun 4 2011, 05:30 AM)
I would go back to my hometown, around 1972, find myself as a boy, and give myself a three-word message:

Invest in Microsoft.

Yes!!!!

As far as Rush history, I would go back to April 2, 1983 and go to see the show that I was "too young for" (according to my mother). I don't think that I would want to see anything historically significant because I think that it would lose the magnitude. As much as I would want to change the evils of history, one wonders what worse things would come of those alterations. Just thinking of that makes we willing to give up 4/2/83.

QUOTE (Babycat @ Jun 4 2011, 12:43 AM)
QUOTE (ioc @ Jun 4 2011, 02:54 AM)

What about zombies?

Oh, naturally zombies; yeah, I can't forget about zombies, so... dysentery and zombies.

QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ Jun 4 2011, 06:30 AM)

Invest in Apple.

fixed

I'd love to go back and see Rush in the 80's and Queen with Freddie Mercury. I'd also go back and say goodbye to my father this time...probably wouldn't change anything, except I'd know I did all I could.