Bridesmaids

Test4VitalSigns

Just came back from taking the girlfriend to see Bridesmaids....

FRIKKIN' HILARIOUS! rofl3.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif Kristen Wiig was awesome. Melissa McCarthy (Molly on Mike and Molly) stole some scenes as well.

The whole theatre was laughing big time throughout the film.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ May 15 2011, 08:41 PM)

FRIKKIN' HILARIOUS! rofl3.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif Kristen Wiig was awesome. Melissa McCarthy (Molly on Mike and Molly) stole some scenes as well.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/JackAubrey/revoked_card.jpg

wink.gif tongue.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ May 16 2011, 09:54 AM)
QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ May 15 2011, 08:41 PM)

FRIKKIN' HILARIOUS!  rofl3.gif  new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif  Kristen Wiig was awesome.  Melissa McCarthy (Molly on Mike and Molly) stole some scenes as well. 

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/JackAubrey/revoked_card.jpg

wink.gif tongue.gif laugh.gif

I'd tend to agree, except that he took his girlfriend to see it. It's entirely possible that there was a worthwhile tradeoff.

But admitting he liked it. . .yeah, Testy, you're sort of stuck on that one. I can't help you. laugh.gif

It's not a chick flick. Much funnier than The Hangover to me, to which it's compared. It's nothing brilliant, but it was very fresh and spry....and funnier than most films today, whatever that's worth. biggrin.gif

As a complete sidebar, I love how guys want to revoke man cards wink.gif for seeing movies with mostly women in them...as opposed to mostly guys. Or seeing a film with a shirtless "The Rock" slapping around other muscular guys or some such thing -- versus spend two hours a bevy of beautiful ladies. Talk about irony!! biggrin.gif

Edited by Presto-digitation

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ May 16 2011, 12:40 PM)
It's not a chick flick. Much funnier than The Hangover to me, to which it's compared. It's nothing brilliant, but it was very fresh and spry....and funnier than most films today, whatever that's worth. biggrin.gif

As a complete sidebar, I love how guys want to revoke man cards wink.gif for seeing movies with mostly women in them...as opposed to mostly guys. Or seeing a film with a shirtless "The Rock" slapping around other muscular guys or some such thing -- versus spend two hours a bevy of beautiful ladies. Talk about irony!! biggrin.gif

I agree 100%

I thought 300 was about as gay as movies get. I couldn't watch it.

My wife who hates nloody movies liked watching for all the male posing that was going on. Me? I'd rather the watch a movie like The Ugly Trurh (ha! same lead actor rofl3.gif ), or anything with Jennifer Anniston in it.

I'll admit I was not amped about seeing Bridesmaids, but it does look funny and would have given it a shot.

Now, I;m going.

Damn, dude, it was a joke. Hence the smilies. You know, these things: laugh.gif wink.gif tongue.gif cool.gif etc.

Oh, and I want it noted for the record that I never once used the term "chick flick". You and Test inferred that on your own.

Now if you guys get any more sensitive I really will revoke your man cards! (That last bit was a joke. I say again: that last bit was a joke.)

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ May 16 2011, 09:20 PM)
It's not a chick flick.  Much funnier than The Hangover to me, to which it's compared.  It's nothing brilliant, but it was very fresh and spry....and funnier than most films today, whatever that's worth.  biggrin.gif

As a complete sidebar, I love how guys want to revoke man cards wink.gif for seeing movies with mostly women in them...as opposed to mostly guys.  Or seeing a film with a shirtless "The Rock" slapping around other muscular guys or some such thing -- versus spend two hours a bevy of beautiful ladies.  Talk about irony!!  biggrin.gif

Damn, dude, it was a joke. Hence the smilies. You know, these things: laugh.gif wink.gif tongue.gif cool.gif etc.

Oh, and I want it noted for the record that I never once used the term "chick flick". You and Test inferred that on your own.

Now if you guys get any more sensitive I really will revoke your man cards! (That last bit was a joke. I say again: that last bit was a joke.)

Geez Jack, when did this turn into the Ladies Home and Garden Journal forum?

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ May 16 2011, 10:20 PM)
It's not a chick flick.  Much funnier than The Hangover to me, to which it's compared.  It's nothing brilliant, but it was very fresh and spry....and funnier than most films today, whatever that's worth.  biggrin.gif

As a complete sidebar, I love how guys want to revoke man cards wink.gif for seeing movies with mostly women in them...as opposed to mostly guys.  Or seeing a film with a shirtless "The Rock" slapping around other muscular guys or some such thing -- versus spend two hours a bevy of beautiful ladies.  Talk about irony!!  biggrin.gif

I had enough smiles and winks in mine to imply the same thing. wink.gif biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ May 16 2011, 11:20 PM)

What is wrong with being sensitive?

I saw this film on Thursday, and was pleasantly surprised by how good it was. It wasn't a typical romantic comedy/chick-flick at all, which was good because I hate those kinds of movies. The story was a bit predictable, but the jokes were fresh and funny and there was some great physical comedy as well. The characters were likable, the humour was not dependent upon making people look stupid and wrong, and best of all, it never got cloying and sappy even at the end. Definitely a film that a man should be able to enjoy without having to worry about the state of his testicles.

ok, this movie was really not that great, and it is certainly not as funny as people are making it out to be.

YES, it IS a chick flick. but no, it's not like others. the main difference being the main character is less phony that other leading ladies in these films, and there is more graphic language. that's it.

as a female, i went with high hopes that it would be good, despite the fact that i can't stand Kristen Wiig. well, the story was interesting, and at times was sort of relatable in the fact that she was losing her childhood best friend, which i've been though, but they rest seemed like a generic rom-com/chick flick to me.

i even took my husband. he went knowing it was a Apatow film, and, going off of reviews stating otherwise, that it was NOT a chick flick. he was angry and bored within the first half hour. i thought he was going to say we should leave. i only saw him chuckle a few times, but really no burst out hilarious moments.

a lot of time was wasted on scenes that lasted way too long. seems like with that lost time they could've had more scenes with, who i thought was the stand out character, the cousin Rita played by Wendy McLoven-Covey. any scene she was in was funny. Ellie Kemper was great, too.

i did not like the character of the sister in law played by Melissa McCarthy. they were trying a little too hard to make her seem weird and outlandish, similar to Zach Galifianakis' character in the Hangover. it just wasn't working for me.

honestly, the only really funny part to me was when she freaked out at her bachelorette party.

honestly, i would wait to rent this one and not waste $10 to see it at the theater.