"No-one"...which Rush album does it appear.

FourthmemberofRush

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is no hyphen in "no one". They are two separate words.

The adjective "no" modifies the pronoun "one". It defines the number of people present (zero).

There is no one home.

We have no tickets to sell.

We have no clue about Rush grammar. wink.gif

No trolls allowed.

smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Apr 25 2011, 03:30 PM)
Calling the board owner a Nazi... nice move.

popcorn.gif

It doesn't bother me in the least. Invoking Godwin's Law always reflects badly on the person using it, not their intended target.

Fourthmember, in case you haven't noticed, I and others have stuck up for you and your right to remain here, despite some people calling for us to dump you. I know you've got this out-of-left-field image to uphold, which is fine, but maybe don't lay it on so thick with all these threads of yours, you know? Relax. cool.gif

QUOTE (Babycat @ Apr 25 2011, 01:37 PM)
QUOTE (Undemanding Contact @ Apr 25 2011, 06:12 PM)
I'm still waiting for an epic FourthMember/Gemini-Rising face off. A bit like By Tor and the Snowdog.

...well, I say 'waiting', 'hoping' would be closer to the truth.

Unless, of course, FourthMemberOfRush is Gemini Rising, which would spoil the fun (although but they do seem to be distinct individuals).

Do you think they are one and the same..? ohmy.gif

No, Gemini Rising is never spiteful or out-and-out rude.

QUOTE (Babycat @ Apr 25 2011, 02:37 PM)
QUOTE (Undemanding Contact @ Apr 25 2011, 06:12 PM)
I'm still waiting for an epic FourthMember/Gemini-Rising face off. A bit like By Tor and the Snowdog.

...well, I say 'waiting', 'hoping' would be closer to the truth.

Unless, of course, FourthMemberOfRush is Gemini Rising, which would spoil the fun (although but they do seem to be distinct individuals).

Do you think they are one and the same..? ohmy.gif

yes except 4th meal is stupider

more inane

archaic

ridiculous

and cliche'

QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ Apr 25 2011, 03:35 PM)

The adjective "no" modifies the pronoun "one". It defines the number of people present (zero).

There is no one home.
No trolls allowed.

and let me tell ya something 4thwad Neil used it ONE TIME

did he ever use it again? NO

so, this huge house you created is built on a foundation of sand

And nice way to make yourself useful while I went to work! What else did you accomplish while I was out?

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

QUOTE (BeOhBe Bob @ Apr 25 2011, 05:42 PM)
hey this is gleamingalloy again is it?

You've got a point - whatever happened to him?

Then again, you can usually tell a given person's style. It's like a linguistic fingerprint - CosyToes gives off 'tells' all the time that belie his earlier incarnations.

My point is that I don't remember GleamingAlloy ever coming across all 'faux religio-nut' (in equally faux polyester-slacks perhaps?) in the way that FourthPedigreeTwaddle does.

QUOTE (BeOhBe Bob @ Apr 25 2011, 05:41 PM)
There is no hyphen in "no one".  They are two separate words. 

The adjective "no" modifies the pronoun "one".  It defines the number of people present (zero). 

There is no one home.
We have no clue about Rush grammar.  wink.gif
No trolls allowed.

smile.gif  smile.gif  smile.gif

And nice way to make yourself useful while I went to work! What else did you accomplish while I was out?

Umm....my name is Workaholic Man, and I was just commenting on the correct usage of the phrase, "no one". smile.gif

I couldn't care less if someone here or in the Band used a hyphen incorrectly. It's not a big deal.... smile.gif smile.gif

And whatever issues this "FourthMember" guy has are none of my business. I'm happy to stay out of it. smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif

QUOTE (Undemanding Contact @ Apr 25 2011, 06:52 PM)

Then again, you can usually tell a given person's style. It's like a linguistic fingerprint - CosyToes gives off 'tells' all the time that belie his earlier incarnations.

My point is that I don't remember GleamingAlloy ever coming across all 'faux religio-nut' (in equally faux polyester-slacks perhaps?) in the way that FourthPedigreeTwaddle does.

ok because I DO remember GAAC coming unhinged at the end. And right as I was coming back to TRF...does this entity realize he's wasted an entire day on a hyphen? Oh wait and trying to make me admit I was wrong about something as miniscule as a hyphen and it's being used one time by someone as prolific as Neil Peart. SO if I've stirred the pot myself I apologize, guess it's a case of you can take the guy outta Jersey, but you can't take the Jersey outta the guy.

No, 4th is not GAAC. And I really don't see the resemblance anyway.

As far as GAAC, he was (finally) banned a while ago.

I'd like to preface this by noting that I'm not taking sides here. That said, I should note that the author of particular words does not always have the final say in the liner notes. As an example, I point to PeW; the liner notes say something like "If you choose not to decide, you cannot have made a choice," but that's not how they turned out on the album - and I doubt Neil is thinking, "Grr...Geddy's been singing it wrong all these years!" I'm just saying that 1. Things change and 2. Other people paraphrase.

QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ Apr 25 2011, 02:35 PM)

There is no one home.
No trolls allowed.

I could care less. Why does Neil write "no-one" on Red Barchetta and Entre Nous, which is the real topic at hand.

QUOTE (BeOhBe Bob @ Apr 25 2011, 05:41 PM)
There is no hyphen in "no one".  They are two separate words. 

The adjective "no" modifies the pronoun "one".  It defines the number of people present (zero). 

There is no one home.
We have no clue about Rush grammar.  wink.gif
No trolls allowed.

smile.gif  smile.gif  smile.gif

Wrong again: Twice...Red Barchetta and Ente Nous. You said 'No-one ever uses a hyphen'.

QUOTE (BeOhBe Bob @ Apr 25 2011, 06:13 PM)

ok because I DO remember GAAC coming unhinged at the end. And right as I was coming back to TRF...does this entity realize he's wasted an entire day on a hyphen? Oh wait and trying to make me admit I was wrong about something as miniscule as a hyphen and it's being used one time by someone as prolific as Neil Peart. SO if I've stirred the pot myself I apologize, guess it's a case of you can take the guy outta Jersey, but you can't take the Jersey outta the guy.

You broached it and now it is fun watching you rationalize.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Apr 25 2011, 02:37 PM)

popcorn.gif

It doesn't bother me in the least. Invoking Godwin's Law always reflects badly on the person using it, not their intended target.

Fourthmember, in case you haven't noticed, I and others have stuck up for you and your right to remain here, despite some people calling for us to dump you. I know you've got this out-of-left-field image to uphold, which is fine, but maybe don't lay it on so thick with all these threads of yours, you know? Relax. cool.gif

is 'Geddy's Nose Flaw' thread....threadworthy? I think its really more of an issue of bias. Conform or be cast out type of thing. I have broached some serious topics here that are all in line with what Rush sings about, if the homo sapiens here can't handle my line of questions, too bad.

My inevitable banning won't be the first or the last.

How big of you to not yet succumb to peer pressure, just because I broach threads like - "Immortality or Another Lost Generation"...oh dear, oh me, some deep waters here. Lets keep things shallow, sweet, and inauthentic. 062802puke_prv.gif

popcorn.gif

QUOTE (FourthmemberofRush @ Apr 26 2011, 09:28 AM)

popcorn.gif

is 'Geddy's Nose Flaw' thread....threadworthy? I think its really more of an issue of bias. Conform or be cast out type of thing. I have broached some serious topics here that are all in line with what Rush sings about, if the homo sapiens here can't handle my line of questions, too bad.

How big of you to not yet succumb to peer pressure, just because I broach threads like - "Immortality or Another Lost Generation"...oh dear, oh me, some deep waters here. Lets keep things shallow, sweet, and inauthentic. 062802puke_prv.gif

popcorn.gif

QUOTE (FourthmemberofRush @ Apr 26 2011, 09:30 AM)
bolt.gif

Dude, you've seriously overestimated how controversial you think you're being. No one cares 1/100th as much as you do about your posts.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Apr 26 2011, 01:46 PM)

popcorn.gif

popcorn.gif

bolt.gif

Dude, you've seriously overestimated how controversial you think you're being. No one cares 1/100th as much as you do about your posts.

goodpost.gif

And talking to 73 last night I can't post here after this. I somehow pity 4th. He's spent this portion of his lifetime, which might be years or days trying to prove me wrong over such miniscule a thing as a hyphen. how and where and when it was used by Neil...

I'll never admit I was wrong 4th. Usage implies everyday time after time. Once? twice? Sorry, no.

And believe me you DO have bigger battles in your life, I know you do.

QUOTE (BeOhBe Bob @ Apr 26 2011, 01:31 PM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Apr 26 2011, 01:46 PM)

popcorn.gif

popcorn.gif

bolt.gif

goodpost.gif

And talking to 73 last night I can't post here after this. I somehow pity 4th. He's spent this portion of his lifetime, which might be years or days trying to prove me wrong over such miniscule a thing as a hyphen. how and where and when it was used by Neil...

I'll never admit I was wrong 4th. Usage implies everyday time after time. Once? twice? Sorry, no.

And believe me you DO have bigger battles in your life, I know you do.

Can't you just feel the love...

yes.gif

QUOTE (FourthmemberofRush @ Apr 26 2011, 11:28 AM)

popcorn.gif

popcorn.gif

The difference between me and you is this: I don't start shit threads 24/7 and then basically ram nonsense down everyones throats.

QUOTE (FourthmemberofRush @ Apr 26 2011, 12:28 PM)

popcorn.gif

popcorn.gif

The Geddy's Nose flaw was a parody thread. D3strukt flat-out said so. A parody thread of the types of threads YOU post.

Archived