Being scammed at McDonalds!!!

Tick

I'm going to have to agree with tick. It doesn't matter if he is smuggling 100 dollar bills or quarters. It's wrong! Here is the solution:

Wait for him to get off of work then follow him home. When he gets inside, slash his tires and piss in his gas tank.

OR

Go to Mcdonalds again and wait to get short-changed, when you do, call him out on the spot again and get the manager and watch his ass get fired!

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ Apr 22 2011, 10:28 AM)
QUOTE (tick @ Apr 22 2011, 09:25 AM)
So a week later I go back and order the same thing and pay with a 5. Once again I receive $2.32 back instead of the $2.57 I should have.

1. You should have said something right then and there.

2. You should have said it POLITELY and with ZERO hositility.

3. The cashier's age and skin color are completely irrelevant.

4. If the cashier argues, then you go in and talk to the manager....POLITELY but firmly.

Hope this helps..... smile.gif

I agree with this^^^^^ I would never have this problem though because I ONLY buy their ice tea $1.06 and I always pay in change even if I buy two.

http://erikandanna.com/Rush/nmslogo.gif

QUOTE (StellarJetman @ Apr 23 2011, 11:51 AM)
QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Apr 23 2011, 06:05 AM)
will you still maintain your loyalty to mcdonalds or cross over to the other side?  tongue.gif

McDonald's is garbage; Hardee's all the way. http://i.imgur.com/tnd9M.gif

i've never heard of hardees plus there's no hardees in ny so i'll stick with mcdonalds. thanks anyway.

QUOTE (King Whompus @ Apr 24 2011, 05:59 PM)
I'm going to have to agree with tick. It doesn't matter if he is smuggling 100 dollar bills or quarters. It's wrong! Here is the solution:

Wait for him to get off of work then follow him home. When he gets inside, slash his tires and piss in his gas tank.

OR

Go to Mcdonalds again and wait to get short-changed, when you do, call him out on the spot again and get the manager and watch his ass get fired!

He probably takes the bus to work. I guess he always has bus fair. The little shit.

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Apr 25 2011, 07:50 AM)
QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Apr 25 2011, 08:30 PM)
The acid test is; what would I do if it was my kid.  And Id be pissed.  Big time, ten cents or ten dollars, stealing is stealing.

Yeah, but just to throw it out there: what if it had been a penny?

If my kid was willfully stealing, I wouldn't give a f-ck. And if he stole a penny, Id be doubly pissed because in addition to being a thief hed be proving hes a moron.

QUOTE (g under p @ Apr 24 2011, 08:02 PM)
QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ Apr 22 2011, 10:28 AM)
QUOTE (tick @ Apr 22 2011, 09:25 AM)
So a week later I go back and order the same thing and pay with a 5. Once again I receive $2.32 back instead of the $2.57 I should have.

1. You should have said something right then and there.

2. You should have said it POLITELY and with ZERO hositility.

3. The cashier's age and skin color are completely irrelevant.

4. If the cashier argues, then you go in and talk to the manager....POLITELY but firmly.

Hope this helps..... smile.gif

I agree with this^^^^^ I would never have this problem though because I ONLY buy their ice tea $1.06 and I always pay in change even if I buy two.

http://erikandanna.com/Rush/nmslogo.gif

Ok, I'm sick of people quoting this stupid post to give there ringing endorsement so I will respond once and for all....

On the following points....

1. I did do something. I called the kid on his scam and did my best to intimidate him in hopes it scares him into not being a little asshole and quit stealing from his employer. I also spoke to his manager later to make them aware of the situation, so I did respond.

2. My response was calculated. It was controlled anger. He needed exactly what he got, exactly the way it was delivered. Don't agree? Too bad. You can handle things like a wuss, I don't. I am 46 years old. I recognize this kid is heading for trouble and being polite to a criminal stealing from me is bullshit, and not an option for me. I'll leave that task to some other passive sucker.

3. The skin color is not relevant, I was describing what the person looked like. You have a problem with that? I did not bring it up to suggest the reason he is robbing is because he is black. I never said anything like that so don't go there. I brought it up to paint a picture in the readers mind, and for no other reason. There is nothing wrong with being descriptive? If this is to suggest, racism, that is offensive to me. People love to play that race card.

If the person was a skinny pimple faced redheaded white kid or an over weight middle aged white woman I would have posted that so you have a picture in your mind of what the person looked like. Nothing at all wrong with that. When you read a book, you know what the characters look like don't you? Do I have to be generic and say a "being" shortchanged me?

4. The cashier panicked and lied because that's what thief's do...they lie because they are scumbags! Its easy for people to play arm chair quarterback when they are judging someone else. I hope someone rips you off a few times in a row so you can be all the things you say you will be. I was not a madman, but this little dick did not deserve polite.

The manager however did deserve polite, and that is exactly what she received from me, and I was thanked repeatedly.

I hope I was clear on all this. Have a nice day.

atickhum.gif

A penny mistake I think could be legitimate. Counting out 2,3,4 pennies while in a hurry can result in mistakes easily.

The other point is the stories many have floated in this thread.

No one knows that kid's story except him. Maybe he is truly a thief, getting away with a dime here, a nickel or quarter there. In the course of a shift working a drive through could mean a total well above his usual hourly pay.

The detail is that he was doing it. Even if it was to support is ailing grandmother, it is still not right.

QUOTE (Nim2 @ Apr 25 2011, 08:10 AM)
A penny mistake I think could be legitimate. Counting out 2,3,4 pennies while in a hurry can result in mistakes easily.

The other point is the stories many have floated in this thread.

No one knows that kid's story except him. Maybe he is truly a thief, getting away with a dime here, a nickel or quarter there. In the course of a shift working a drive through could mean a total well above his usual hourly pay.

The detail is that he was doing it. Even if it was to support is ailing grandmother, it is still not right.

In case you really didn't follow the opening post...

He shorted exactly one quarter, on 3 consecutive visits. That is not an accident.

QUOTE (usb_connector @ Apr 22 2011, 10:41 AM)
You're short 75 cents over the course of three weeks? Sorry tick, but that's almost as petty as the dude who wanted us to walk half an hour to see rush because he was too cheap to pay for a metro ride (which is 2.50$).

So sorry Mr. Rockefeller, but some of us don't like being ripped off by loser ass fucktard punks. Not everyone has the luxury of alllll that extra disposable income...

QUOTE (RushNut @ Apr 25 2011, 09:18 AM)
You're short 75 cents over the course of three weeks? Sorry tick, but that's almost as petty as the dude who wanted us to walk half an hour to see rush because he was too cheap to pay for a metro ride (which is 2.50$).

So sorry Mr. Rockefeller, but some of us don't like being ripped off by loser ass fucktard punks. Not everyone has the luxury of alllll that extra disposable income...

To actually be clueless enough to think the whole thing is about .75 cents is the ridiculous thing here. Sometimes a head is filled with more bone then brain. atickhum.gif

This reminds me of the Superman 3 / Office Space caper; where the thief hacks the payroll computer and takes the fractions of pennies that people earned and redistributes it to their own account. No-one would notice if a fraction of a penny went missing from their paycheck or if they did even care. But it's still theft and it's dishonest. And it does add up.

QUOTE (tick @ Apr 25 2011, 09:26 AM)
QUOTE (RushNut @ Apr 25 2011, 09:18 AM)

To actually be clueless enough to think the whole thing is about .75 cents is the ridiculous thing here. Sometimes a head is filled with more bone then brain. atickhum.gif

Is that by weight, or volume?

I just read this for the first time.

ANyone have a clue how many transaction can go through a drive through from 11:30 to 1:00? 120-150. My uncle owns a couple FF joints. Thats some serious coin over the course of a month.

I never count my change. I think I will.

I wouldn't have handled the situation with that much "anger" but I certainty understand the anger..

Almost every fast food joint has a camera on the drive in window, and the front counters, not only to monitor for safety reasons, but for reasons exactly like the one you brought up, the thing is is that these cameras are not monitored or screened unless an issue is brought up...

So if you did say anything Tick, you can be assured that the cameras were reviewed, and the situation handled.... and if you're worried that the manager won't do anything you can always go above him and contact cooperate and they WILL review the tapes if the manager does not.

QUOTE (snowdogged @ Apr 26 2011, 09:55 AM)
You should call them back and tell them that the whole situation has upset you so much that they should at least give you a Happy Meal to make you feel better. smile.gif

laugh.gif trink39.gif

Archived