Your Rush dream date?

Gilbertk

Well, I've had 22 dream dates so far.

The top three are:

Counterparts tour, 3/30/94, Chicago:

This is my "counterpart's" and I first date. Sixteen years later, were are still traveling at the Speed of Love.

The second is, t4e tour, Chicago, 6/14/97:

It ended up being the DS album. How cool is it when your favorite band makes a live album from your hometown? And you can hear yourself!

The third is the "Rain Date": 7/23, 2010. This is the makeup date from the rainout in Chicago. The one where the guy sued, and we got free hats.

My dream dates

January 21, 1978 Wendler Arena -- Saginaw, Michigan with Pat Travers Opening

February 2, 1979 Wendler Arena -- Saginaw, Michigan

August 30, 1979 Wendler Arena -- Saginaw, Michigan

May 7, 1981 Richfield Coliseum -- Richfield, Ohio

November 7 & 8 1982 Joe Louis Arena -- Detroit, Michigan Rory Gallagher Opening! common001.gif

October 19, 1984 Wendler Arena -- Saginaw, Michigan

November 13 & 14 1991 The Palace -- Auburn Hills, Michigan Eric Johnson Opening! 653.gif

March 22 & 27 1994 The Palace -- Auburn Hills, Michigan

Any Test for Echo date

September 14, 2002 The Gorge -- Seattle, Washington

November 4, 2002 Gund Arena -- Cleveland, Ohio

QUOTE (jesse2112 @ Apr 20 2011, 03:27 PM)
My dream dates

February 2, 1979 Wendler Arena -- Saginaw, Michigan

August 30, 1979 Wendler Arena -- Saginaw, Michigan

I was at both of these shows...life changing!!!

QUOTE (Passage2 @ Apr 20 2011, 07:13 PM)
QUOTE (Cosy Toes @ Apr 18 2011, 10:16 PM)
Sometime back when they still had Rutsey in the band. Back when Rush were at their best.

Troll

Maybe, but if so, he's playing the long con.

Cosy just seems to get a raging boner when any opportunity presents itself to insult Neil Peart to a bunch of strangers who don't even know Neil. confused13.gif

Like a dog that seems content to sit and lick himself, it's probably best to leave him be.

QUOTE (drbirdsong @ Apr 18 2011, 04:58 PM)
QUOTE (apetersvt @ Apr 18 2011, 11:12 AM)
3 come to mind:

-I'll probably have to go with one of the headlining COS shows where Fountain Of Lamneth was played live.
-One of the Hemispheres tour shows. 
-St Louis '80.  What a great sounding show (but only have part of it).  Would love to hear the whole thing.

They have never played Fountain Of Lamneth live. Maybe next tour. Now that would be a dream.

Unless cygnus-x1.net and other sources are wrong, it was played on the COS tour when they headlined as opposed to opening. However, no recordings are known to exist.

January 10, 1976 (Headline Act Set)

Fly By Night

Beneath, Between And Behind

Bastille Day

I Think I'm Going Bald

By-Tor And The Snowdog

In The End

Making Memories

Anthem

The Fountain Of Lamneth

Lakeside Park

The Necromancer

Best I Can

In The Mood

Working Man

Finding My Way

Drum Solo

Encore: What You're Doing

Some part of Fountain was released as a single (how brilliant was that...NOT!). Maybe that is what they played?

Anyway, add it to my list of dream shows. Or almost any early show. I first saw them on the Signals tour and didn't realize I was witnessing the end of one era and the beginning of another.

QUOTE (drbirdsong @ Apr 21 2011, 04:19 PM)
Some part of Fountain was released as a single (how brilliant was that...NOT!). Maybe that is what they played?

Anyway, add it to my list of dream shows. Or almost any early show. I first saw them on the Signals tour and didn't realize I was witnessing the end of one era and the beginning of another.

trink39.gif

QUOTE (Cosy Toes @ Apr 18 2011, 04:16 PM)
Sometime back when they still had Rutsey in the band. Back when Rush were at their best.

laugh.gif

For me any show in '78 would do....

July 4th, 2002 VT tour Raleigh NC, would love to relive that day again. Took my then girlfriend, on our 2nd date, her first RUSH show, married her 2 years later, now she has been with me to the last 6 shows I..... we have been too. Tell me women don't like Rush just ask my wife cause she will tell you different. Also any Permanent Waves show, just loved the set list

Archived