Worst Choruses

Tommy Sawyer

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Apr 18 2011, 05:27 PM)
QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Apr 16 2011, 01:23 PM)
Superconductor

Surprised there isn;t more hate for Superconductor.

Remember when you were a kid and you would walk around singing to yourself? That was better than the chorus to this one. Know what else is better? Friday.

I think that you are right. The first time I heard this I thought it was horrid. I still think the most offensive thing they ever did was the Xanadu (abbreviated)>Superconductor segue from the RTB tour. Superconductor is definitely in the top 5 worst Rush chorus' ever.

QUOTE (micgtr71 @ Apr 19 2011, 08:52 AM)
Superconductor

Remember when you were a kid and you would walk around singing to yourself? That was better than the chorus to this one. Know what else is better? Friday.

I think that you are right. The first time I heard this I thought it was horrid. I still think the most offensive thing they ever did was the Xanadu (abbreviated)>Superconductor segue from the RTB tour. Superconductor is definitely in the top 5 worst Rush chorus' ever.

laugh.gif

I actually enjoy Superconductor, but I still cannot believe that they actually meshed it, of all songs, with possibly the best song they've ever written in Xanadu.

It baffles my mind...but I never actually got to see that happen live. Haha...

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Apr 19 2011, 09:05 AM)
QUOTE (micgtr71 @ Apr 19 2011, 08:52 AM)
Superconductor

laugh.gif

I actually enjoy Superconductor, but I still cannot believe that they actually meshed it, of all songs, with possibly the best song they've ever written in Xanadu.

It baffles my mind...but I never actually got to see that happen live. Haha...

That sounds horrible 062802puke_prv.gif I like Superconductor, but to mix it with Xanadu, facepalm.gif

I don't get why everyone hates "Superconductor". The only bad thing about it that I can think of is the "superconductor, superconductor" chanting during the chorus (the reason that the chorus is in this thread in the first place?); the rest is perfectly fine as far as I can tell.

QUOTE (StellarJetman @ Apr 19 2011, 09:34 AM)
I don't get why everyone hates "Superconductor". The only bad thing about it that I can think of is the "superconductor, superconductor" chanting during the chorus (the reason that the chorus is in this thread in the first place?); the rest is perfectly fine as far as I can tell.

The thread is worst choruses so you actually do get it.

I can't believe the amount of dislike for the Caravan chorus. It's not as if the one line is particularly bad. Simply because it's repeated? I don't hear Beatles fans complain about I Want You, Why Don't We Do It In The Road or Hey Jude. What about Whole Lotta Love?

QUOTE (Good @ bad,andrush,Apr 19 2011, 01:44 PM)
hey baby, I feel I'm in the mood.

Ugh.

QUOTE (StellarJetman @ Apr 19 2011, 09:51 AM)
Yeah, but I see a lot of posts about how awful it is outside this thread.

Yeah, Superconductor is a pretty good song with interesting lyrics. Kind of catchy

QUOTE (Tommy Sawyer @ Apr 16 2011, 08:18 AM)
Wow, I say I don't like Limelight and I get called an idiot by like ten people. Sheesh...
As I said, I LOVE the ENTIRE song lyrically. But it's just like I'm totally rocking out to the riff and verses and then I get a little bored with the chorus. Same goes for Entre Nous.

part of the beauty of the limelight chorus is what it leads into; it sets up "those who wish to be-ee" perfectly.

QUOTE (hughes&kettner @ Apr 19 2011, 03:53 PM)
QUOTE (Tommy Sawyer @ Apr 16 2011, 08:18 AM)
Wow, I say I don't like Limelight and I get called an idiot by like ten people. Sheesh...
As I said, I LOVE the ENTIRE song lyrically. But it's just like I'm totally rocking out to the riff and verses and then I get a little bored with the chorus. Same goes for Entre Nous.

part of the beauty of the limelight chorus is what it leads into; it sets up "those who wish to be-ee" perfectly.

The "for those to wish to be-ee" part is good, it's the first part that is IMO sub-par

QUOTE (StellarJetman @ Apr 19 2011, 08:15 PM)
QUOTE (Tommy Sawyer @ Apr 19 2011, 04:56 PM)
The "for those to wish to be-ee" part is good, it's the first part that is IMO sub-par

Weird. That "sub-par" first half is my favorite part of the entire song.

To each his own, I'm not trying to offend you

QUOTE (StellarJetman @ Apr 20 2011, 11:38 AM)
QUOTE (Tommy Sawyer @ Apr 19 2011, 11:04 PM)
To each his own, I'm not trying to offend you

Where'd you get the impression that I was offended? huh.gif

QUOTE (Stellar Jetman on Apr 19 2011 @ 08:15 PM)
Weird. That "sub-par" first half is my favorite part of the entire song.

If I had typed that, I would have been either mad or sarcastic, implying that you're offended

QUOTE (StellarJetman @ Apr 20 2011, 12:47 PM)
QUOTE (Tommy Sawyer @ Apr 20 2011, 10:44 AM)
If I had typed that, I would have been either mad or sarcastic, implying that you're offended

Ah. I only meant to contrast your opinion with mine.

Sorry

QUOTE (usb_connector @ Apr 19 2011, 07:14 PM)
Pretty much any song off of S&A.

Hehe, I agree. Almost every chorus on that album sucks, and whats amazing is they said that was one of their focuses, making sure each song had a strong chorus.

Wow.

QUOTE (RobW @ Apr 21 2011, 06:00 AM)
Stupidconductor

You know, I'm never going to be able to hear this again without thinking of this modification.

Archived