Neil Peart and Touring - Roadshow

Flet

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lot's of them don't.

Only Douchebag Peart makes a career out of it!

A friend of my dad's has just done a bike trip round Europe following King's X, and they have been great with him. Cpt. Happy wouldn't extend any hand of friendship.

QUOTE (Cosy Toes @ Apr 22 2011, 07:06 PM)
Lot's of them don't.

A friend of my dad's has just done a bike trip round Europe following King's X, and they have been great with him. Cpt. Happy wouldn't extend any hand of friendship.

You can't compare anybody to the guys in King's X. They're the only big-name band I've ever seen who actually invite people to hang with them after a show. Nobody does that.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Apr 22 2011, 08:13 PM)
Lot's of them don't.

You can't compare anybody to the guys in King's X. They're the only big-name band I've ever seen who actually invite people to hang with them after a show. Nobody does that.

So true - they are the ONLY exception I am aware of. I think Fridge has done the post-show pub trip with King's X a time or two.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Apr 22 2011, 09:21 PM)
QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Apr 22 2011, 10:19 PM)
Like I stated once before, Neil would change his "tune" if everyone ignored him. His character is peppered with hypocrisy.

Yes, you know him SO well. Can you get us backstage passes? tongue.gif

Yeah, and while you're at it, can you make them some of those legit three season all-access laminates?

Edited by ioc

Do you realise how unbelievably stupid some of you sound? Calling a guy a 'douchebag' and all of the names under the sun, even though you've never met the guy!

No wonder he isolates himself from fawning, sycophantic pant-wetters.

Even though Alex and Geddy do the meet and greets, I'd have no desire to do it. I love their music, Neil's lyrics, and the extraordinary performances - but that's where it ends. I have my own life and they have theirs.

Why should they give a toss about meeting me and hearing my story about what Rush has meant to me over the years? Even I'm not too interested in that story.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Apr 22 2011, 07:13 PM)
Lot's of them don't.

Yes, but would Kings X be doing that if they had attained the level of succces that Rush did?...I don't think so. I'm a big Kings X fan , and if you remember back when they came out, a lot of people predicted them to be HUGE, and they did the whole MTV, Music mag interview, etc. bullshit that comes along with trying to be a huge band. It didn't work. So of course they are able to hang with the fans after a show, they play fairly small clubs now.

QUOTE (Passage2 @ Apr 22 2011, 09:54 PM)
Do you realise how unbelievably stupid some of you sound? Calling a guy a 'douchebag' and all of the names under the sun, even though you've never met the guy!

No wonder he isolates himself from fawning, sycophantic pant-wetters.

Even though Alex and Geddy do the meet and greets, I'd have no desire to do it. I love their music, Neil's lyrics, and the extraordinary performances - but that's where it ends. I have my own life and they have theirs.

Why should they give a toss about meeting me and hearing my story about what Rush has meant to me over the years? Even I'm not too interested in that story.

Congratulations! You just made Cozy's day. He writes that stuff part 'real/imagined grudge', part 'love of scandalizing newcomers.'

Maybe I should make this the default Cozy Toes disclaimer:

Cosy just seems to get a raging boner when any opportunity presents itself to insult Neil Peart to a bunch of strangers who don't even know Neil.

Like a dog that seems content to sit and lick himself, it's probably best to leave him be.

QUOTE (Xanadoood @ Apr 22 2011, 11:06 PM)
Lot's of them don't.

Yes, but would Kings X be doing that if they had attained the level of succces that Rush did?...I don't think so. I'm a big Kings X fan , and if you remember back when they came out, a lot of people predicted them to be HUGE, and they did the whole MTV, Music mag interview, etc. bullshit that comes along with trying to be a huge band. It didn't work. So of course they are able to hang with the fans after a show, they play fairly small clubs now.

All good points. But my point stands -- comparing how any band relates to its fans to the way King's X relates to theirs is simply not fair.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Apr 23 2011, 12:18 AM)
Lot's of them don't.

All good points. But my point stands -- comparing how any band relates to its fans to the way King's X relates to theirs is simply not fair.

Agreed. I do think that Kings X has a slight grudge against the fact they didnt become more popular, and really make it a point to give thanks to the fans for sticking by them.

QUOTE (Xanadoood @ Apr 23 2011, 01:29 AM)
Lot's of them don't.

Agreed. I do think that Kings X has a slight grudge against the fact they didnt become more popular, and really make it a point to give thanks to the fans for sticking by them.

You might be right about that.

I saw King's X a couple years ago in NYC when they opened for Porcupine Tree. I saw that show as more of a double bill. PT was awesome, but so was King's X. They are WAY too good to be opening for anybody, especially for how long they've been together. When a band that talented and unique can't break through all the way, you can only scratch your head and wonder why.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Apr 23 2011, 12:42 AM)
QUOTE (Xanadoood @ Apr 23 2011, 01:29 AM)
Lot's of them don't.

You might be right about that.

I saw King's X a couple years ago in NYC when they opened for Porcupine Tree. I saw that show as more of a double bill. PT was awesome, but so was King's X. They are WAY too good to be opening for anybody, especially for how long they've been together. When a band that talented and unique can't break through all the way, you can only scratch your head and wonder why.

I think it was a case of them being to strange for the MTV hairmetal/headbanger ball crowd, but not being " alternative " enough for the college radio crowd. I remember trying to get some of my " indie rock " friends into them around the time of Faith Hope Love, and they dismissed them, labeling them as just typical 80s Hard Rock/Metal. They just came out at the wrong time.

QUOTE (ioc @ Apr 22 2011, 08:28 PM)
Maybe I should make this the default Cozy Toes disclaimer:

QUOTE Cosy just seems to get a raging boner when any opportunity presents itself to insult Neil Peart to a bunch of strangers who don't even know Neil.

Like a dog that seems content to sit and lick himself, it's probably best to leave him be.

Can we put this up on the banner? tongue.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Apr 23 2011, 12:13 AM)
Lot's of them don't.

Black Stone Cherry Do!

Rory Gallagher used to. Well, he didn't invite people to hang with him, but if anybody ever met him down the pub or at the chippy he'd be all too happy to chat and share his chips. He was a better guitarist than NEP is a drummer too, but that's by-the-by.

Neil Peart just wants to be able to take all the good bits that success brings and not have anything to do with the bad bits. Well Neel Pert, I'm sorry, but you have to take the rough with the smooth. My daddy will never forgive you for the way you treated him, and you made yourself look a Dextral Mammary gland.

QUOTE (Cosy Toes @ Apr 23 2011, 09:25 AM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Apr 23 2011, 12:13 AM)
Lot's of them don't.

Black Stone Cherry Do!

Rory Gallagher used to. Well, he didn't invite people to hang with him, but if anybody ever met him down the pub or at the chippy he'd be all too happy to chat and share his chips. He was a better guitarist than NEP is a drummer too, but that's by-the-by.

Neil Peart just wants to be able to take all the good bits that success brings and not have anything to do with the bad bits. Well Neel Pert, I'm sorry, but you have to take the rough with the smooth. My daddy will never forgive you for the way you treated him, and you made yourself look a Dextral Mammary gland.

Big reason why bands try avoid fans...

you and Daddy sound like dooshes

Edited by ucsteve667

Wouldnt it be nice if everyone was nice all the time? Just totally had a change of thought, in light of the current holiday. In the Christian tradition, when confronted with someone not so nice, wouldnt it be the right thing to do to wish them well and be sad for a man who is so troubled he cant find the heart to be nice to those around him? For we haven't walked the road he's on beside him to know why? Whose only real warmth seems to come out in his music he puts forth for a living. Shouldnt we feel sad for a person that damaged?

as opposed to taking every opportunity to vindictively attack his character publicly and anonymously.

of course this is voluntary, and the depth and strength of noble character come into play here.

even I have been guilty of framing judgments of musicians I've met over the years on 1st impressions and arbitrary/ignorant presumptions due to circumstances at the moment encountered.

difference is I havent and still dont seek out to their fan base to repeatedly divulge these thoughts, although I do freely spout them on my show. Every now and then I get called out on it and have to admit my mistakes tho

QUOTE (ucsteve667 @ Apr 23 2011, 11:24 AM)
Wouldnt it be nice if everyone was nice all the time? Just totally had a change of thought, in light of the current holiday. In the Christian tradition, when confronted with someone not so nice, wouldnt it be the right thing to do to wish them well and be sad for a man who is so troubled he cant find the heart to be nice to those around him? For we haven't walked the road he's on beside him to know why? Whose only real warmth seems to come out in his music he puts forth for a living.  Shouldnt we feel sad for a person that damaged?
as opposed to taking every opportunity to vindictively attack his character publicly and anonymously.

of course this is voluntary, and the depth and strength of noble character come into play here.
even I have been guilty of framing judgments of musicians I've met over the years on 1st impressions and arbitrary/ignorant presumptions due to circumstances at the moment encountered.

difference is I havent and still dont seek out to their fan base to repeatedly divulge these thoughts, although I do freely spout them on my show. Every now and then I get called out on it and have to admit my mistakes tho

Well said, but that assumes you're not an attention whore.

Cosy Toes Disclaimer:

Cosy just seems to get a raging boner when any opportunity presents itself to insult Neil Peart to a bunch of strangers who don't even know Neil.

user posted image

Edited by ucsteve667

THIS IS WHY HE HIDES!!!!

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?showtopic=65191

understand now?!!?

I remember reading an interview with Neil around MP where he talks about how many letters they get about how RUSH can save the world and stuff. and he found them pretty scary...

Edited by ucsteve667

QUOTE (ucsteve667 @ Apr 23 2011, 11:32 AM)
love the bottom of yer post by the way. the pic makes it

Yeah, I think this will be my default disclaimer when I read a thread with a lot of worked up angst over Cozy's posts.

Funny thing is, I wouldn't be surprised if the guy feels like our rebuttals of his creepy grudge posts are because we are defending Neil. It'd be great if he realized they're more of a: "We know! We know! Give it a rest already!" I mean, I don't care if Neil's an a-hole or not; and I certainly don't care if Cozy thinks so.

Besides, if Neil IS an a-hole for some ancient one-time slight, what does that say about somebody who won't shut up about it no matter how many times everyone says they wish he would?

Edited by ioc

QUOTE (ioc @ Apr 23 2011, 04:54 PM)
QUOTE (ucsteve667 @ Apr 23 2011, 11:32 AM)
love the bottom of yer post by the way. the pic makes it

Yeah, I think this will be my default disclaimer when I read a thread with a lot of worked up angst over Cozy's posts.

Funny thing is, I wouldn't be surprised if the guy feels like our rebuttals of his creepy grudge posts are because we are defending Neil. It'd be great if he realized they're more of a: "We know! We know! Give it a rest already!" I mean, I don't care if Neil's an a-hole or not; and I certainly don't care if Cozy thinks so.

Besides, if Neil IS an a-hole for some ancient one-time slight, what does that say about somebody who won't shut up about it no matter how many times everyone says they wish he would?

Oh, you don't care, but you keep repsonding, that's 1-0 to me then!

NEP as I keep saying wants to have his cake, eat it and then have some more. He's not a complete thicko, he knows what success entails, yet he makes it obvious that he wants all the benefits and none of the downside. Well he should just have kept quiet about the way he feels and put up with a bit of "intrusion" into his life.

Neil, if you are out in public don't make it obvious that you don't want to see people, just eat your dinner in your cabin like a good boy, and don't insult my daddy and his friends OK.

Daddy doesn't like talking to people either, but due to his "notoriety" he gets people coming up to him and talking to him, but he is always - unbelievably - polite to them. Politeness costs nothing Mr Neil Peart, you total worthless lowlife slime of a douchebag you.

QUOTE (Cosy Toes @ Apr 23 2011, 05:49 PM)

NEP as I keep saying wants to have his cake, eat it and then have some more. He's not a complete thicko, he knows what success entails, yet he makes it obvious that he wants all the benefits and none of the downside. Well he should just have kept quiet about the way he feels and put up with a bit of "intrusion" into his life.

Neil, if you are out in public don't make it obvious that you don't want to see people, just eat your dinner in your cabin like a good boy, and don't insult my daddy and his friends OK.

Daddy doesn't like talking to people either, but due to his "notoriety" he gets people coming up to him and talking to him, but he is always - unbelievably - polite to them. Politeness costs nothing Mr Neil Peart, you total worthless lowlife slime of a douchebag you.

Jeebus Crisp!!! eyesre4.gif The post was too subtle, apparently.

You miss my meaning. I don't care WHAT YOU THINK, not that you WON'T SHUT UP.

Yes, I understand that yammering is your right. What you fail to discern is the rudeness of going on and on and on and on, ad nauseum. It is to that I say, "We know! We know! Give it a rest already!" It is your insistence on continuing (in spite of pleads that you ease up a bit) that, in my view, makes you seem like an a-hole in point of fact; as opposed to Mr. Peart being one according your unsubstantiated story. I happen to find that ironic.

Simply put: THE POT SHOULD NOT CALL THE KETTLE BLACK

(or at least do it more quietly)

That is all I have to say on the matter. Have a nice life.

Edited by ioc