MLB 2011 season.

blackhawkrush

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chicken hawk @ Sep 11 2011, 08:09 PM)
What happened to my red Sox?    Seems like all the players are in a slump!

Wecome to TRF. Glad your're here. 2.gif trink39.gif 2.gif

Chicken Hawk and FogHorn are one of my alltime favs.

Sorry, do not comment on AL, cause, I no nothing, nothhh thing.

But yeah I know what you mean, Braves are trying to give me gray hairs over here.

QUOTE (Rick N. Backer @ Sep 11 2011, 07:15 PM)
QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Sep 11 2011, 05:02 PM)
Rays move to within 3.5 of Boston (assuming they can hold on to a 9-1 win in the ninth) with a three game sweep of the Bosox, despite a team payroll of about 30% of Boston's.

At 2-9 the Sox have the worst record in baseball in September. And they are now 3.5 games behind the Yankees in the East. sad.gif scared.gif

And the Rays are 3.5 behind the Sox for the Wild Card yes.gif smile.gif

..Meanwhile in other news.. laugh.gif biggrin.gif

The Tigers are in a excellent position to win

the American league central. yes.gif 653.gif trink39.gif

The Anaheim(just can't say L.A.) Halos

are still in the hunt for the west div. title. yes.gif trink39.gif

Da Yanks are right there..right where everyone

thought thed be at the end of the season..1st place! trink39.gif

...and The Dodgers are almost at 500... fists crying.gif new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

..but they do have an outside chance of finishing ahead of

SF(right now 3 1/2 back) If they can achieve that, I believe

it makes the whole season worth while,the way things went down

this year...just have to wait and see. confused13.gif yes.gif

QUOTE (go2wrk@95974 @ Sep 12 2011, 12:41 PM)

The Tigers are in a excellent position to win
the American league central. yes.gif 653.gif trink39.gif

They won it about 4 weeks ago...... tongue.gif yes.gif

QUOTE (PhilCastro @ Sep 12 2011, 08:28 AM)
Rays move to within 3.5 of Boston (assuming they can hold on to a 9-1 win in the ninth) with a three game sweep of the Bosox, despite a team payroll of about 30% of Boston's.

At 2-9 the Sox have the worst record in baseball in September. And they are now 3.5 games behind the Yankees in the East. sad.gif scared.gif

Bad sign: My son and I have tickets for Saturday's game at Fenway against the Rays. They moved the game from 7:05 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. That means its probably the FOX game. Why is that bad? Because the move indicates the game still means something.

Bud Selig is an embarrassment to MLB and should resign as commissioner. Hell, Selig is an embarrassment to his original profession of used car salesman.

Of course, now they're backtracking...

New York Mets manager Terry Collins says "hat flap" has become a distraction. Bud Selig would reportedly take it a step further.

Major League Baseball's commissioner called the Mets on Sunday night irate that the club had gone public with the news that his office had prevented players from wearing the caps of Sept. 11 first responders for that night's game at Citi Field, the New York Post reported.

A Mets official told the newspaper that the commissioner said the team threw the league "under the bus."

"Selig got embarrassed by it," the official told the Post. "The game got moved into prime time (on ESPN) because of 9/11, and MLB ended up getting embarrassed."

Collins said he wants the whole situation to go away.

"What's the attention been since we walked into the ballpark today? It's not on who we're playing, it's not on who's pitching. We all want to know which kind of hat we're going to wear tonight. And that takes away from the game," he said Monday. "It all takes away from their preparation. They're all being asked questions that they're afraid to make an answer, they're afraid to say the wrong thing. We've got to start focusing on what the game is, because, when it's all said and done, that's all that matters."

MLB disciplinary czar Joe Torre claims that the league didn't lean that heavily on the Mets.

"Nothing was ordered," he said during an interview on Sirius XM Radio. "I think they were sent a memo, but in no way was it heavy-handed. I don't think money was ever an issue or they were ever threatened with a heavy-fisted fine. If that's the case, I have no knowledge of it."

Mets pitcher R.A. Dickey had tweeted Sunday night that the players planned to defy MLB and wear the hats during the game against the Cubs, but MLB confiscated the caps after a pregame ceremony. A source told the Post that that wasn't accurate. The hats were put on a table in the clubhouse and were signed for charity.

Players on Sunday wore the official 9/11 Mets cap, with a small American flag adorning the side, during the game.

QUOTE (Rick N. Backer @ Sep 13 2011, 01:20 PM)
QUOTE (PhilCastro @ Sep 12 2011, 08:28 AM)

Bad sign: My son and I have tickets for Saturday's game at Fenway against the Rays. They moved the game from 7:05 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. That means its probably the FOX game. Why is that bad? Because the move indicates the game still means something.

Apparently the Sawx will be bringing back Beckett Thu or Fri.

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Sep 13 2011, 10:03 PM)
OUCH!  18-5 Bosox over Jays in bottom of 8th  eh.gif

And Tampa falls to Baltimore, pushing the Wild Card margin to 4.

Tim Wakefield, one of the all time good guys in sports, finally gets his 200th career win, after winning his 199th July 24th. Even if you hate the Sox, you have to root for a 45 year old guy who was picked off the scrap heap in 1995, was an important part of the history making 2004 team and does more for a Boston charity for children with cancer, The Jimmy Fund, away from the cameras, than any other pro athlete in town.

Good for you Tim. trink39.gif

Congratulations to Mariano Rivera who completed his 600th save last night when the Yankees beat the Mariners!

http://imgs.sfgate.com/n/p/2011/09/13/6293508e-b7a3-4810-9a9c-dcfc25958ceb_part6.jpg

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Sep 13 2011, 10:39 PM)
Phillies lose to Houston. Again. WTF.. lol....

Crazy. The best team in the league falls to the worst team in the league.

QUOTE (Analog Kelly @ Sep 14 2011, 08:28 AM)
Congratulations to Mariano Rivera who completed his 600th save last night when the Yankees beat the Mariners!

http://imgs.sfgate.com/n/p/2011/09/13/6293508e-b7a3-4810-9a9c-dcfc25958ceb_part6.jpg

cheer.gif