Rik Emmet of Triumph and Lerxt

Good,bad,andrush

Rik is one of my favorite guitarists ever. To be honest, I haven't been listening to him lately; I kinda forgot about triumph. I've been listening to them lately, and i must say they are pretty awesome...but I don't think I will listen to them much in the future. Blinding light show and ordinary man are favorites...

But to get to the point...I heard that lerxt and rik played together...can anyone confirm this?

Triumph=diet Rush

never was a fan. it always seemed to me they were the kinda band Canada wished RUSH would be more like, at least in the beginning

QUOTE (ucsteve667 @ Feb 25 2011, 07:54 AM)
Triumph=diet Rush
never was a fan. it always seemed to me they were the kinda band Canada wished RUSH would be more like, at least in the beginning

ah no. we like Rush the way they are.

we like Triumph too. just not as much. cool.gif

I don't know but Rik mentions Alex on his website.

I heard a rumor that Triumph was gonna tour with Van Halen.

I saw Rik last summer with his Latin band. Different, but still good.

He never got the respect he deserved because he was always compared to Eddie Van Halen.

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Feb 24 2011, 11:48 PM)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luazBVOYa9c

Yeah it's true.

The link provided by T4VS above is to a song called Beyond Borders they did with 2 other Canadian guitarists back in '87 or so available through the magazine in the picture provided in the link.

It was one of those small, flimsy black page records you used to get back then with magazines.

I wasn't a big fan of the recording as I felt it didn't flow very well although the playing was fine.

I remember that magazine. Strange combination of players...works in a way though. Rik is a fantastic player and singer. I like Triumph but after you get past the fact that both Rush and Triumph are trios from Canada...the similarities stop. Two totally different bands.

QUOTE (MMCXII @ Feb 25 2011, 08:53 PM)
Triumph=diet Rush

perhaps I should rephrase that a bit, what I meant was it seemed like thats what the labels/industry wanted RUSH to be. It seems triumph got a lot more industry support with a much weaker or more radio friendly catalog.

Triumph=diet Rush

I like Rush the way they are, and I like Triumph just the way they are, too. Just not as much as Rush.

and as for "Diet Rush", I dont agree with that but I could see how one might think that.

QUOTE (ucsteve667 @ Feb 25 2011, 10:54 PM)
Triumph=diet Rush

diet Rush? Nah. Parts of the packaging looked similar, but they were just another drink. A good beverage though yes.gif

trink38.gif

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Feb 27 2011, 08:28 AM)
QUOTE (ucsteve667 @ Feb 25 2011, 10:54 PM)
Triumph=diet Rush

diet Rush? Nah. Parts of the packaging looked similar, but they were just another drink. A good beverage though yes.gif

trink38.gif

eh, never impressed me.

I still think they were pushed and to be another RUSH, but didnt fell short musically compared. Never said they werent a good band, Im indifferent to them musically. which to me is the kiss of death. Id rather my band be loved or hated passionately.

QUOTE (ucsteve667 @ Feb 26 2011, 09:32 PM)
Triumph=diet Rush

perhaps I should rephrase that a bit, what I meant was it seemed like thats what the labels/industry wanted RUSH to be. It seems triumph got a lot more industry support with a much weaker or more radio friendly catalog.

ya I got your meaning.. had to pipe up anyway! tongue.gif

Archived