Whats for Dinner #2: Dining Out Editon

The Owl

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a bacon cheeseburger last week at an annual party for my boyfriend's ham radio club. Went to Friendly's last Friday and had club sandwiches and ice cream - Vienna Mocha Chunk with Swiss Chocolate for me, Butter Pecan with caramel for Dan. Subway Saturday - seafood salad for me, turkey for Dan.

QUOTE (That One Guy @ Feb 21 2012, 12:22 AM)
Been having a Tendercrisp from Burger King pretty much once a week lately..

Excellent sandwich!! Probably the best fast-food chicken sandwich there is right now.

I like mine with extra mayo.

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_TlpLETVKBys/TT7nU0es9_I/AAAAAAAARw0/iQ23Dx_sda8/BurgerKingSpicyTendercrispChicken25.jpg

Edited by EveryNerveAware

QUOTE (EveryNerveAware @ Feb 21 2012, 12:57 PM)
QUOTE (That One Guy @ Feb 21 2012, 12:22 AM)
Been having a Tendercrisp from Burger King pretty much once a week lately..

Excellent sandwich!! Probably the best fast-food chicken sandwich there is right now.

I like mine with extra mayo.

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_TlpLETVKBys/TT7nU0es9_I/AAAAAAAARw0/iQ23Dx_sda8/BurgerKingSpicyTendercrispChicken25.jpg

As much as i should tone-down my fast food, it is pretty good. I live closer to a Chick-Fil-A than Bk. I eat at BK far more often

Friday night we went to the diner and had our usual fish with applesauce and cottage cheese. Last night was a late Valentine's Day dinner with my family - I had shrimp scampi and Dan had haddock francaise (which was a bit overdone) sad.gif Mine was good though.

Last night the gals from work and one who retired last year went to a local steakhouse for dinner. I had a backyard burger (bacon cheeseburger with BBQ sauce and thin crispy fried onions). Shared a Toll House pie for dessert...holy cow, was I stuffed. Glad I had veggies with the burger and not french fries!

Sourdough 3 egg fried sandwich with milk..hit the spot. yes.gif

I went to a local place called Larksburger. I had a truffle angus burger and truffle parmesan fries. Interesting would be the way I would describe it.

Back to Denny's. I had a peach smoothie and a Super Bird, and was naughty and didn't substitute vegetables for french fries. I should have...besides the carbs being a negative, I'm starting to be oversensitive to the oily taste of them. Next time. Dan had tilapia and a grilled shrimp skewer.

QUOTE (ridertoo98 @ Mar 13 2012, 06:32 PM)
Dang I am eating at your place tongue.gif
Some chicken bites and chips, not too hungry tonite.

I will try and remember to PM you the recipe. You will eat the whole rack of ribs by your self. biggrin.gif

Finally passed the 500 point mark at Fresh And Easy which led me to get their new snack/meal/drink combo for $6. Only paid 79 cents.

meal - shrimp tempura sushi rolls

drink - Fresh And Easy green tea

snack - Fresh And Easy blueberry yogurt.

Edited by invisible airwave

Last Friday we went to the diner and had our usual fried haddock, applesauce and cottage cheese. Saturday we were on the road to Niagara Falls to see Wavelength: A Tribute to Rush. Lunch was the Bacon Cheese Champ at Checker's - good, but not $5.00 just for the burger good. Dinner was in the hotel restaurant - I had a pasta dish with shrimp and Andouille sausage, and Dan had crab cakes and a Hawaiian burger. Tasty, and filling - no way I could eat all mine, so I ate all the shrimp and sausage and left some of the pasta.