Where will they stay?

Goldpartridge

Write to the band's management and tell them what a diehard fan you are. Instant meet and greet and maybe a clandestine visit to their hotel rooms guaranteed. Especially Neil, he'll bring out a second glass and split a bottle of Macallan with you. yes.gif

QUOTE (tel @ Feb 5 2011, 01:48 PM)
Manchester will prob be the lowry or the midland
Knock on neils door and say tel sent you smile.gif

Remember to use the "crew knock". tongue.gif

bolt.gif

I remember the 1st time I saw them (Sheffield 1992). Me and a mate got so hammered(before the show - I can only remember "Closer to the heart" oops.gif oh, and my mate throwing beer over sone guys head - and we had borrowed his binoculars), we decided to book to stay just up the road from the arena. Was above an indian restaurant - bet they don't stay there laugh.gif Edited by metallithrax

In Sheffield, they will be staying at the Grosvener House Hotel. Alex has room 21 and Geddy has room number 12 (Do you see what they've done there?).

Alex checks in under the name of Mr Porkinson, and Geddy checks in under the name of Mr Grosnez.

Neil will be staying in his trailer in a lay-by near Matlock Bath in Derbyshire, so he can get a good day motorbiking round the Peak District in, because those roads are like so meant for biking.

If Michael Mosbach finds out I have leaked this, then I am dead meat...

HAHA when I was in Glasgow in 07 for the first time,I remember standing outside my dingy hotel and there was a great big posh raddison across the road,I was somehow convinced Rush were staying there and rang my dad and friends to tell them I thought so! dont know why though,probaly the excitment.

I wouldnt mind knowing where they are staying myself but If you read "Roadshow" it might say where they were the last time they were in the UK, when they were playing in Glasgow Neil mentioned they stayed in a hotel in south scotland,near the border I think

QUOTE (Cosy Toes @ Feb 5 2011, 11:52 PM)
In Sheffield, they will be staying at the Grosvener House Hotel. Alex has room 21 and Geddy has room number 12 (Do you see what they've done there?).

Alex checks in under the name of Mr Porkinson, and Geddy checks in under the name of Mr Grosnez.

Neil will be staying in his trailer in a lay-by near Matlock Bath in Derbyshire, so he can get a good day motorbiking round the Peak District in, because those roads are like so meant for biking.

Holidayed in the Matlock Bath area with the family last year. Great spot. Neil would love the mine and the cable car!

There's a great chipper in Matlock, must tell Alex.

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Feb 6 2011, 10:09 AM)

Holidayed in the Matlock Bath area with the family last year. Great spot. Neil would love the mine and the cable car!

Aye, Matlock Bath is a R8 nice place, all it lacks is like the sea - and a decent Offie for Geddy wink.gif

QUOTE (Cosy Toes @ Feb 6 2011, 10:33 AM)
QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Feb 6 2011, 10:09 AM)

Aye, Matlock Bath is a R8 nice place, all it lacks is like the sea - and a decent Offie for Geddy wink.gif

The Heights of Abraham is superb. And the Crich Tramway museum blew me away. God, I'm getting old.

QUOTE (sanzo @ Feb 5 2011, 11:59 PM)
HAHA when I was in Glasgow in 07 for the first time,I remember standing outside my dingy hotel and there was a great big posh raddison across the road,I was somehow convinced Rush were staying there

Not SO posh - they let me stay there z7shysterical.gif

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Feb 5 2011, 07:00 PM)
Write to the band's management and tell them what a diehard fan you are. Instant meet and greet and maybe a clandestine visit to their hotel rooms guaranteed. Especially Neil, he'll bring out a second glass and split a bottle of Macallan with you. yes.gif

Just don't touch his sandwich.

I dont know if I should have posted this as the tour is past but just FYI

I met a member of the crew, for a second time, in Manchester the day before the gig, we talked about stuff and I asked him where Rush were staying, I thought myself it would be in the lowry.,in Manchester.

He said Ged and Al stay in a Hotel in London for all the UK shows and just travel up each day, thats quite a jaunt to Newcastle lol

I cant remember where he said Neil stayed but he said most of the crew about staying around the cities they are playing in

QUOTE (sanzo @ Jul 13 2011, 09:01 PM)

I met a member of the crew, for a second time, in Manchester the day before the gig, we talked about stuff and I asked him where Rush were staying, I thought myself it would be in the lowry.,in Manchester.
He said Ged and Al stay in a Hotel in London for all the UK shows and just travel up each day, thats quite a jaunt to Newcastle lol
I cant remember where he said Neil stayed but he said most of the crew about staying around the cities they are playing in

Delayed reply....haven't been on the board in a while.

This is not true.....just the crew throwing a smokescreen. I met Geddy, Alex and some of the management in a hotel in one of the UK cities they visited this time. And one of the topics of their conversation was where they were staying in the next city.

QUOTE (wrekinboy @ Oct 11 2011, 03:52 PM)

This is not true.....just the crew throwing a smokescreen. I met Geddy, Alex and some of the management in a hotel in one of the UK cities they visited this time. And one of the topics of their conversation was where they were staying in the next city.

and how do you know THAT wasn't a smokescreen?

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Oct 13 2011, 09:28 AM)
QUOTE (wrekinboy @ Oct 11 2011, 03:52 PM)

and how do you know THAT wasn't a smokescreen?

Nah, couldn't have been a smoke screen. Crew is always willing to share that kind of info with fans they meet on the street... laugh.gif