Any Rush collectors of concert memorabilia

Smokin'Lebanon

Hi All i'm new to the site and i'm interested in anyone who collects Rush memorabilia. Not cd's and records i'm talking signed items, tour programmes, concert hand bills - posters ticket stubs. If you have anything of interest could you show me a link or post up some pics of your collection. Cheers wink.gif I'm away for a browse.

Rush 21st May Newcastle UK counting the days cool.gif

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/7848/rush198081tourposter.jpghttp://img691.imageshack.us/img691/6826/rushjune1977liverpoolem.jpg

http://img808.imageshack.us/img808/7513/1001332.jpg

http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/5334/1001328x.jpg

http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/1706/1001329v.jpg

Edited by Smokin'Lebanon

The link showing those signed Time Machine items Nice!!1to7 cool.gif . I never really thought about posting something to the gig for the band to sign. Has anyone done this in the UK. I have a bunch of old album covers which would be cool signed. If i send one to every venue, i'm sure to get something back. Has anyone did more then one venue and managed to get more then one item signed. As i've noticed a few people have posted multiple items and only getting one back. I suppose this is to stop any ebay sellers cashing the items in. Keep your items coming i'm digging a few more pieces out to share.

Have any fans had much luck meeting the band at the hotel and is Neil still touring on his motorbike ?. I'm hoping to see them after the Newcastle gig.

http://oi53.tinypic.com/6p6pns.jpg

I can't remember how to post pictures!! banghead.gif

comp26.gif

I have the Permanent Waves tour poster & programme you've shown here, along with the (2112) 1977 tour programme, the AFTK's tour poster & programme, the Hemispheres tour poster & programme etc etc. & tickets stubs for all UK tours.

Edited by Docmilsap

QUOTE (Smokin'Lebanon @ Jan 17 2011, 08:52 AM)
...Have any fans had much luck meeting the band at the hotel and is Neil still touring on his motorbike ?. I'm hoping to see them after the Newcastle gig.

Em.. I've never tried this, but I don't think it's a very good idea.

That might come off as a little bit stalker-ish..

QUOTE (Docmilsap @ Jan 17 2011, 11:28 AM)
http://oi53.tinypic.com/6p6pns.jpg

I can't remember how to post pictures!! banghead.gif

comp26.gif

I have the Permanent Waves tour poster & programme you've shown here, along with the (2112) 1977 tour programme, the AFTK's tour poster & programme, the Hemispheres tour poster & programme etc etc. & tickets stubs for all UK tours.

Cool poster doc i see its signed by Alex. Did you meet them after the Glasgow gig in '77 ?. I've got all the programmes i'm still wanting the 2112 UK tour prog. I was at the SECC for the R30 show the best i've seen them. The Glasgow choir know how to enjoy themselves. I'm just south of you in Newcastle if the tickets were a little cheaper i'd be doing both Newcastle & Glasgow gigs in May.

You need a crash course in how to post pics up, its easy at imageshack/us if you have the pics loaded to your PC.

QUOTE (CMWriter @ Jan 17 2011, 01:10 PM)
...Have any fans had much luck meeting the band at the hotel and is Neil still touring on his motorbike ?. I'm hoping to see them after the Newcastle gig.

I cannot see any harm done if you know the band are staying there. It's not like you are sneaking about the hotel trying to find which room they are staying in. Very much like waiting at the stage door after a show. The difference being every one waits there, and only a few people make the journey to the hotel.

I was very lucky to see Heaven & Hell (Black Sabbath) on the last 2007 UK tour before Ronnie took bad. One of the road crew gave me a tipp off to what hotel they were staying in. After a short wait of 30 mins all the band showed up and signed all my tour books etc. Geezers nephew, who is his PA. He went one better and came out with a bunch of guitar picks for the fans. It's such a shame that Ronnie is no longer with us. He was such a lovely friendly guy.

QUOTE (Smokin'Lebanon @ Jan 17 2011, 02:56 PM)

I cannot see any harm done if you know the band are staying there. It's not like you are sneaking about the hotel trying to find which room they are staying in. Very much like waiting at the stage door after a show. The difference being every one waits there, and only a few people make the journey to the hotel.

I was very lucky to see Heaven & Hell (Black Sabbath) on the last 2007 UK tour before Ronnie took bad. One of the road crew gave me a tipp off to what hotel they were staying in. After a short wait of 30 mins all the band showed up and signed all my tour books etc. Geezers nephew, who is his PA. He went one better and came out with a bunch of guitar picks for the fans. It's such a shame that Ronnie is no longer with us. He was such a lovely friendly guy.

It's been hammered to death on these boards - but Neil hates it when fans seek him out after a show. Freaks him out (and rightfully so).

Don't try to follow his bus (or bike) as you will get a word or two from his crew.

QUOTE (rusher @ Jan 18 2011, 01:19 PM)

It's been hammered to death on these boards - but Neil hates it when fans seek him out after a show. Freaks him out (and rightfully so).

Don't try to follow his bus (or bike) as you will get a word or two from his crew.

What makes you think that i'd be interested to follow Neil on his bike. All i wanted to know was if he still does the touring on his bike. If he doesn't he'd more then likely be with the band instead of being on a separate bus etc. I don't think Neil would turn to stone when asked if he could sign my copy of Ghost Rider. He may stay away from the fans but i'm sure if he was asked nicely to sign something he would be humble and do so. He does meet and greets so he must find time to be sociable with the fans. Your making him out to be some kind of sad loner.

QUOTE (Smokin'Lebanon @ Jan 18 2011, 02:50 PM)
QUOTE (rusher @ Jan 18 2011, 01:19 PM)

What makes you think that i'd be interested to follow Neil on his bike. All i wanted to know was if he still does the touring on his bike. If he doesn't he'd more then likely be with the band instead of being on a separate bus etc. I don't think Neil would turn to stone when asked if he could sign my copy of Ghost Rider. He may stay away from the fans but i'm sure if he was asked nicely to sign something he would be humble and do so. He does meet and greets so he must find time to be sociable with the fans. Your making him out to be some kind of sad loner.

Seriously?

1) If you ask if anyone has met the band at the hotel and then ask if Neil still tours on his bike in the same sentence, then it's not a big leap at all to infer that your intentions are similar.

2) I'm sure Neil would sign your book if you had the chance to ask him. The issue is - would you have the chance to? The way he goes about the tours purposely limits these encounters. Try reading one of his books and you might learn how he feels about interactions with the fans.

3) Neil does NOT do meet and greets (at least not anymore). That is pretty common knowledge.

4) I never said Neil was a loner. You really should make an effort to learn more about his ways with fans before you make your comments. I'm sure he doesn't mind controlled, planned events with fans (e.g. charity events and such).

But chance encounters, that's a different story.

OK me bad i must know how Neil Peart opporates before i can approach him. Every book he's wrote is on order from amazon.

He's human like me and you, he has to get to the gig someway or other, unless he is beamed up. It's a simple enough question that you don't need to analize, don't worry i'm not going to stalk the guy.

Does he have any interests in touring the UK while on tour in May ?. i.e does he still tour on his motorbike ?. If not he will be doing the tour bus and hotel thing. If i'm wrong let you cast the first stone... wacko.gif So i'll ask any fans who seen the band on the S&A UK tour. Did Neil tour the UK on his bike. Did any fans see him arrive on his bike SIMPLES!!!...

The chances being that i may see all the band together if Neil is not touring on his own bus/bike.

Edited by Smokin'Lebanon

QUOTE (Smokin'Lebanon @ Jan 18 2011, 08:54 PM)
OK me bad i must know how Neil Peart opporates before i can approach him. Every book he's wrote is on order from amazon.
He's human like me and you, he has to get to the gig someway or other, unless he is beamed up. It's a simple enough question that you don't need to analize, don't worry i'm not going to stalk the guy.
Does he have any interests in touring the UK while on tour in May ?. i.e does he still tour on his motorbike ?. If not he will be doing the tour bus and hotel thing. If i'm wrong let you cast the first stone... wacko.gif So i'll ask any fans who seen the band on the S&A UK tour. Did Neil tour the UK on his bike. Did any fans see him arrive on his bike SIMPLES!!!...
The chances being that i may see all the band together if Neil is not touring on his own bus/bike.

Lebanon

You do come across as being a bit scary - I mean post number 7 and you are banging on about Neils travel and hobby habits for the forthcoming UK Tour - and to restate Rusher, you sound just like the kind of psycho Neil wants to avoid.

You tell a tale of being a Rush fan since the late 70's and yet you sound either very naive or deliberatly obtuse, I need more posts to decide.

Either way, please stay away from any ideas you may have of trying to 'bump' into Neil and get his signature in a book he wrote that you can't be arsed to read.

Send it to the venue with a nice letter and wait . .

If anything happens to Neil before the Birmingham gig I will know who it was . . .

waffen093.gif

Edited by StuartBruce

No need to accuse the guy of being a psycho...Perhaps he just didn't know all of the stories many of us know about Neil being a loner. I'd say he's in the majority too. Maybe it comes across as a little too much, but maybe he just wants to say hi to the band.

QUOTE (Zanadoo @ Jan 19 2011, 12:22 PM)
No need to accuse the guy of being a psycho...Perhaps he just didn't know all of the stories many of us know about Neil being a loner. I'd say he's in the majority too. Maybe it comes across as a little too much, but maybe he just wants to say hi to the band.

Usually - I would reserve judgement

However -

Rush Fan since late 70's (More than 30 Years)

Only 7 posts on the forum

A lot of spelling mistakes

confused13.gif

QUOTE (Zanadoo @ Jan 19 2011, 07:22 AM)

Well at least one of you understands yeah a fan from being at my first Rush show as a 13 year old kid i'm 44 and have seen Rush enough times to say i'm a fan. Not an obsessed fan who has to know the colour of Geddy Lee's underwear and what he has for breakfast. But some people are that way. I don't know how i come over like i'm on some kind of hunt for Neil. All i'm saying is that he does separate himself from the band so i'd like to see the guy and get a few items signed. But some of you have turned that into Me being a stalker and upsetting Neil's private time. If it wasn't for the likes of me being a fan and going to the gigs etc. He'd be stuck in a Walmart packing peoples bags. So lighten up people if you cannot get what i'm saying or if it needs corrected for spelling. Me bad and the spell check button is flashing to help me...

QUOTE (kooma @ Jan 19 2011, 05:46 AM)
I have got a couple of backstage passes from "older"  2.gif  tours... tongue.gif

I have a few from R30, Roll the Bones and Hemispheres. If you could post them up and give me a looksee Cheers cool.gif

http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/5848/1001760w.jpg

http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/8620/1001769f.jpghttp://img443.imageshack.us/img443/4514/1001768c.jpg

I collect quite a bit.

I suppose I'd consider myself in the low end of the upper-middle class of Rush collecting.

I don't have everything (can't really afford it even if I wanted to) but I do have enough to tastefully decorate a room should I ever decide to head in that direction. Maybe I will one day.

QUOTE (ytserush @ Jan 19 2011, 05:39 PM)
I collect quite a bit.

I suppose I'd consider myself in the low end of the upper-middle class of Rush collecting.

I don't have everything (can't really afford it even if I wanted to) but I do have enough to tastefully decorate a room should I ever decide to head in that direction. Maybe I will one day.

I've got a biggish collection of Rock memorabilia and most of the items have been bought for a reasonable price. Since ebay came on the scene more people have getting into collecting. Items like guitar picks and drumsticks sell for a reasonable price. Old fans who are selling off the contents of the attic and sometimes you get some really good bargains. Signed items, programmes, ticket stubs, fliers posters etc. I cannot believe the price some of this goes for. Old t-shirts from gigs go for serious money.

Ytserush if you have anything of interest could you post some pics up of your collection cheers wink.gif