Did Ebay search for "vintage rush"

GeminiRising79

In years to come 8ft tall academics, with huge pulsating brains will ask, "What was the point of de interwebz?" and someone will show them this post, and they will nod, sagely.

Another quality topic brought to you by the letters G & R and by the number 79!!

trink39.gif

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Jan 10 2011, 11:06 PM)
Talk about unusual coincidences. I did this eBay search and a book that I noticed Geddy has (in a picture of his office or library) comes up in the search results. Weird, wild stuff.

http://cgi.ebay.com/vtg-AFRICA-African-tra...=item483e7fa79e

Maybe if you provided a picture of the Geddy pic you are referring to, then people might be able to understand your post better.

QUOTE (ReGorLaTroy @ Jan 11 2011, 06:21 PM)
This post is exactly why Neil Peart says that some of the Rush fans creep him out. smile.gif

I'm not sure if OP is even a fan. He very frequently makes such quality posts along the lines of "Rush's last few albums make me take a hot diarrhea dookie", etcetera. I would imagine that's some form of disapproval.

I'm really curious... I'd like to see the photo because:

a) I imagine that this is a book that Geddy would have on his book shelves (maybe a gift from Neil?)

cool.gif I think the photo probably does exist, but on Neil's bookshelf

Just my inner voice speaking.

btw, the eBay posting does come up on the results of an eBay 'vintage RUSH' search

QUOTE (slappa_da_bass @ Jan 11 2011, 07:20 PM)
This post is exactly why Neil Peart says that some of the Rush fans creep him out. smile.gif

I'm not sure if OP is even a fan. He very frequently makes such quality posts along the lines of "Rush's last few albums make me take a hot diarrhea dookie", etcetera. I would imagine that's some form of disapproval.

jesus, no need for personal attacks. it's a cool coincidence.

Thanks for your replies, both positive and negative. I wanted to post the photo I was referring to, but didn't have the time. Perhaps I saw it on rushisaband, who knows, but the large photo shows geddy's library (I believe) with all sorts of memorabilia. I distinctly remember seeing the binder of this book, "Black Frontiers" lying on its side sandwiched between a couple others.

If anyone knows of the picture I'm referring to please feel free to post it..

QUOTE (Zanadoo @ Jan 11 2011, 08:55 PM)

Where do you see a personal attack? Check his posting history. In the meantime, don't get so hysterical.

This wasn't a bad post. Read some of Gemini's other posts if you want to see a bad one. wink.gif

On the subject of "Books on Geddy's shelf," I noticed several during the "bonus material" on the BTLS documentary DVD, specifically the part where he shows off his baseball collection. I freeze-framed it to see which baseball books he owns, since I like reading baseball books, too.

Of note to me was a book by Sparky Anderson, and the Brooks Robinson autobiography "Third Base is My Home."

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Jan 12 2011, 05:02 AM)
This wasn't a bad post. Read some of Gemini's other posts if you want to see a bad one. wink.gif

On the subject of "Books on Geddy's shelf," I noticed several during the "bonus material" on the BTLS documentary DVD, specifically the part where he shows off his baseball collection. I freeze-framed it to see which baseball books he owns, since I like reading baseball books, too.

Of note to me was a book by Sparky Anderson, and the Brooks Robinson autobiography "Third Base is My Home."

Since you mentioned B. Robinson's book, I thought you might enjoy "The Only Way I Know" by Ripken. It covers pretty much all his playing days from high school to the majors.

I think any baseball fan would find it pretty interesting. Especially an O's fan like me.

QUOTE (slappa_da_bass @ Jan 11 2011, 11:07 PM)
QUOTE (Zanadoo @ Jan 11 2011, 08:55 PM)

Where do you see a personal attack? Check his posting history. In the meantime, don't get so hysterical.

why even talk about the OP? he brought up a cool coincidence.

QUOTE (ReGorLaTroy @ Jan 11 2011, 07:21 PM)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v423/KublaKhan/laughing2.gif

Archived