Not another new member

Oracle

Hello all, I'm a new member to TRF. Glad I found this place. It's been hard to find a Rush forum that is incredibly active! A little info on myself:

My name is Matt, I'm 16 and have been a Rush fan for as long as I can remember (from my parent's recollection, at least 4 or 5). I was able to see the band for the very first time last year in Columbus and it was one of the best concerts I've ever been too. I live in Ohio where I am home schooled by my parents (well, mostly by myself). I'm the family cynic and, by some accounts, the better debater of most in the family. Can't wait to get into some good spirited discussions with you all. Hope to get to know everyone better as time goes on while we all enjoy good music.

Welcome Matt. You'll enjoy it here, there's always something to post on weather it be a serious discussion about music, movies or whatever and we also have sections where you're allowed to just post whatever you want and be goofy. It's not always that serious on TRF biggrin.gif

Have fun trink39.gif

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Jan 10 2011, 08:08 PM)
Welcome Matt. You'll enjoy it here, there's always something to post on weather it be a serious discussion about music, movies or whatever and we also have sections where you're allowed to just post whatever you want and be goofy. It's not always that serious on TRF biggrin.gif

Have fun trink39.gif

Well said trink39.gif

Edited by Lamelight

Welcome Matt!

That's so cool you've already been to your first Rush show! I'll be heading your way for the Toledo show in April and am beyond excited. So what are some of your fave albums/songs? I'm mostly a synth era fan but love it all...I'm also new to being a serious fan and just went to my first show last fall.

Enjoy it here and see you around!

QUOTE (1 of the 7 @ Jan 10 2011, 10:07 PM)
Welcome Matt!

That's so cool you've already been to your first Rush show! I'll be heading your way for the Toledo show in April and am beyond excited. So what are some of your fave albums/songs? I'm mostly a synth era fan but love it all...I'm also new to being a serious fan and just went to my first show last fall.

Enjoy it here and see you around!

Favorite album without a doubt is '2112'. Other than that, I'd say 'Grace Under Pressure' and 'Counterparts' rank up in my top five favorite albums. Any Rush song is great to me, I honestly have no bias regarding best song (though I am partial to some songs from the synth era). The show was definitely cool! Got floor tickets to the left of the soundboard and had the best concert experience I could have hoped for.

Thanks for the welcomes everyone, hope to get to know you all soon!

Welcome to TRF, Matt! smile.gif bekloppt.gif

QUOTE (Snakey @ Feb 2 2011, 11:13 AM)
Hi all,i'm new to the forums but been a Rush fan for years. First Rush gig i went to was 1979 at Hammersmith Odeon in London on their Permanent Waves Tour.
Hope all are well and stay safe. trink39.gif 2.gif

Welcome aboard! bekloppt.gif And wow, long-time fan indeed. Kudos!

Yes, let's hope everyone stays safe. 'Specially over here in the States the roads are terrible everywhere, it seems.

I am the newest... this is my first post ( well, my first reply)...

take yourself a friend (always been one of my favorites)

making memories

anthem

.......................these songs are discriptive of how I am feeling about this new adventure as a memer of the Rush Forum.

We're on the train to Bangkok....

QUOTE (Oracle @ Jan 10 2011, 12:24 AM)
Hello all, I'm a new member to TRF. Glad I found this place. It's been hard to find a Rush forum that is incredibly active! A little info on myself:

My name is Matt, I'm 16 and have been a Rush fan for as long as I can remember (from my parent's recollection, at least 4 or 5). I was able to see the band for the very first time last year in Columbus and it was one of the best concerts I've ever been too. I live in Ohio where I am home schooled by my parents (well, mostly by myself). I'm the family cynic and, by some accounts, the better debater of most in the family. Can't wait to get into some good spirited discussions with you all. Hope to get to know everyone better as time goes on while we all enjoy good music.

I feel that the most passionate Rush fans are the ones who get into Rush without anyone's help. Since I fell into Rush fandom nearly 18 years ago without any help from a male (or, really, anyone else, now that I think of it...), I think I speak from some experience.

I say, love the new members. They are awesome!