Just a question that I wanted to ask you

CeeJ

So I am looking at tickets for a few things and I am seeing that I can get tickets,

really GOOD tickets, if I am "handicapped". I can "jump" lines with the kids at the amusement parks too.

So I have this thing that says I am until next year, due to my knee surgery. I can use this "tag" until June 2011. Would you use it?

I WANT to really bad. Do you know what kinda seats I could get?!?!?!

But... What if someone really needed that seat or only had so long to wait in line?

So the question on my head today is....

Should I?

Would you?

Why or why not?

I wouldn't do it Ceej.

Just knowing that I might be taking the spot of another fan who is truly disabled, would bother me.

It's the right thing to do.

QUOTE (Natch @ Dec 15 2010, 04:20 PM)
I wouldn't do it Ceej.

Just knowing that I might be taking the spot of another fan who is truly disabled, would bother me.

+ 1 It might sound like a good idea now ,but you will be a better person for it later 1022.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Dec 15 2010, 04:26 PM)
I wouldn't do it Ceej.

+ 1 It might sound like a good idea now ,but you will be a better person for it later 1022.gif

I just wanted to see if my friends think the same.

I would NEVER be able to take a seat like this and sleep soundly.

But when the box came up as I am fighting trying to find some kind

of seats that are worth the money they want, I had to ask WWYD.

I have to tell ya... I have gone to concerts with a cast on my leg.

Walked up the mountain, at the venue, when offered a ride.

trink39.gif

QUOTE (CeeJ @ Dec 15 2010, 05:31 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Dec 15 2010, 04:26 PM)
I wouldn't do it Ceej.

I just wanted to see if my friends think the same.

I would NEVER be able to take a seat like this and sleep soundly.

But when the box came up as I am fighting trying to find some kind

of seats that are worth the money they want, I had to ask WWYD.

I have to tell ya... I have gone to concerts with a cast on my leg.

Walked up the mountain, at the venue, when offered a ride.

trink39.gif

I didn't think you could do it with a clear conscience - you're not that kind of personality.

I've read so many of Fridge's posts, where he's encountered able-bodied people taking up seats/parking spaces/facilities that he really NEEDS for his wheelchair-bound wife. Not that I ever would have abused the privilege before (artificial hip, and technically I could get one as I'm pre-maintenance surgery right now), but after reading his accounts I'd really hate myself for taking advantage!

Besides - the handicapped seating in Atlanta's Verizon is far from being the best in the house. It's completely unobstructed, which is the main thing. But it's about 20 rows back.

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Dec 16 2010, 02:28 PM)
I'll give you a great seat tonight if you want. No pass required. tongue.gif wink.gif pokey.gif

uh huh....

Here's my thoughts on that..as someone who, for her child, can get disability access.

Since he is not "physically disabled" I would not get tickets to anything that would be for say wheelchair access. Like for instance, we are eligible for Disabled Parking, but I'd never do such a thing.

However, for him, and for you...if it requires standing on long lines, yeah, get the disabled access. For him, hours online would be tortuous for him, and for everyone. (but you should see the looks we get because he is able bodied) For you, you shouldnt be standing for such an extended period while you heal.

Archived