Austin, TX

osage2112

Don't know the venue, but as long as it's on a weekend....road trip PARTY!!!

Osage

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw Rush on the S&A tour in Austin. Evidently that was their first visit EVER to Austin. It was in the Frank Erwin Center but with the much smaller "theater configuration". I have seen a bunch of concerts there, and Rush was the only one in this smaller configuration (was not sold out, either). It is particularly nice as makes it a much smaller venue as they use only half the arena, essentially. This makes every seat an excellent vantage point. When I saw the current TMT tour here in Pittsburgh, PA, it was the normal "entire arena" configuration with a LOT more people than when in Austin on S&A. If your Austin gig again utilizes the "theater configuration", make sure you go. It is an AWESOME way to experience Rush. I promise you that. Edited by 01GT Eibach

Oy de lay! From Laredo!!???

Well worth the drive!

Osage

I'm going with my band...

they love rush and yet they've never been to a concert of any band...

unfortunately, my guitarist's girlfriend/friend dragged him into watching some reggaeton artist in laredo...

wait, did I say artist? reggaeton is not art, sorry.

Actually, Austin does suffer from this affliction...the rest of the state knows it and has decided to quarantine the place.

Go to Llano, Childress, Balmorhea, Pampa, Tennessee Colony...these are places where you know your neighbors and EXPECT decent behavior.

In Austin and the other Metro-hell holes of Texas...anonyimity allows people to follow the liberal line of "I get to do anything I wanna and the rest of you can just eat my shorts."

Yeah Austin is Liberal, it's also a festering sanctuary city full of crime and disgust.

Great for a good show, pitiful as a place to raise a family.

Osage

QUOTE (osage2112 @ Dec 7 2010, 11:30 PM)
Actually, Austin does suffer from this affliction...the rest of the state knows it and has decided to quarantine the place.

Go to Llano, Childress, Balmorhea, Pampa, Tennessee Colony...these are places where you know your neighbors and EXPECT decent behavior.

In Austin and the other Metro-hell holes of Texas...anonyimity allows people to follow the liberal line of "I get to do anything I wanna and the rest of you can just eat my shorts."

Yeah Austin is Liberal, it's also a festering sanctuary city full of crime and disgust.

Osage

Who said anything about raising a family? cool10.gif trink39.gif

True, for all the good fun wrapped into one...Austin is a pretty righteous place. My son is thinking of going to UT...sure hope he can handle the "distractions."

Osage

I saw Rush on the S&A tour in Austin. Evidently that was their first visit EVER to Austin.

Actually, Rush has been to Austin several times, but S&A was the first time they'd been here in a really long time. They played the Erwin Center on the "Power Windows", "Hold Your Fire", "Roll the Bones", and "Counterparts" tours. It was great to see them come back again. Can't wait to see them this year!

QUOTE (Torgo @ Dec 15 2010, 10:13 PM)
I saw Rush on the S&A tour in Austin. Evidently that was their first visit EVER to Austin.

Actually, Rush has been to Austin several times, but S&A was the first time they'd been here in a really long time. They played the Erwin Center on the "Power Windows", "Hold Your Fire", "Roll the Bones", and "Counterparts" tours. It was great to see them come back again. Can't wait to see them this year!

Maybe it was their first time in "ever" as opposed to first time ever. Between Counterparts and S&A was 15 years or so (right?) which is a very long time ... maybe that's what it was.

Also ... Austin in a fine place to raise a family. I lived there for a number of years with my family of five. Great schools.

Edited by 01GT Eibach

Osage

I know a lot of people who would disagree strongly with that kind of blanket statement. Your comment shows me that living in the small towns in Texas is a great place to be small minded, too.

have a nice day.

Osage

You must be joking. Austin is the only place to raise kids in the otherwise vast wasteland of concrete, dairy queens, and wal marts that is Texas.

You made yourself look very narrow minded there osage. I hope that was not your intent.

QUOTE (Broncos730 @ Dec 28 2010, 01:10 PM)

Osage

You must be joking. Austin is the only place to raise kids in the otherwise vast wasteland of concrete, dairy queens, and wal marts that is Texas.

You made yourself look very narrow minded there osage. I hope that was not your intent.

Narrow-minded... as opposed to saying Austin is the only place in Texas to raise a family, then dissing the entire rest of the state? wacko.gif

QUOTE (osage2112 @ Dec 8 2010, 02:04 PM)
True, for all the good fun wrapped into one...Austin is a pretty righteous place. My son is thinking of going to UT...sure hope he can handle the "distractions."
Osage

I live in Salt Lake City, what "distractions" are you talking about?

QUOTE (Territorial_Game @ Dec 29 2010, 02:34 PM)
QUOTE (Broncos730 @ Dec 28 2010, 01:10 PM)

Osage

Narrow-minded... as opposed to saying Austin is the only place in Texas to raise a family, then dissing the entire rest of the state? wacko.gif

+2 points. I was wondering if anybody noticed I did that. Austin is nice though. I haven't been to a lot of other towns but Bastrop, Brenham, and Lockhart are nice. There's a lot to see and do in the hill country.

QUOTE (That One Guy @ Dec 29 2010, 05:31 PM)
QUOTE (osage2112 @ Dec 8 2010, 02:04 PM)
True, for all the good fun wrapped into one...Austin is a pretty righteous place.  My son is thinking of going to UT...sure hope he can handle the "distractions."
Osage

I live in Salt Lake City, what "distractions" are you talking about?

I work on the UT campus from time to time and trust me, when the weather is warm, I feel like a one eyed dog in a sausage factory.