Hello from a female, 22 year old Rush fan!

MyMindIsNotForRent

Hello!

Just wanted to say hey as I've just registered on here, amid the excitement of Rush touring Europe next Spring!

I've been into Rush for about 6 years, I first saw them when I was 16, their 30th anniversary tour. I simply went with my Dad so he'd have someone to go with! And they blew me away completely. I was made into a huge fan that night.

I saw them again in 2007 on their visit back to the UK, and I've been praying for a UK return ever since!

But yeah, it has to be said, not many of my friends have even heard of Rush so I thought it'd be nice to chat with some people who share my enthusiasm for them :-)

Thank you!

I think to celebrate getting tickets and joining this forum, I'm gonna have to play my Rush - Live in Rio DVD at some point during the day!

Hurrah! Another potential victim of our collective insanity wonderful person to communicate with! biggrin.gif

Anyways, congrats on the tix; it's a show you won't forget (duh). Happy to have you here at TRF. I love this place! (:

Edited by CMWriter

bekloppt.gif Hi and welcome! trink39.gif

Welcome! You are certainly not alone in your fandom! Or in your being a female RUSH fan. There's lots of us here. Myself for example! LOL Been a fan longer than you have graced our planet (OMG!)

So nice to have you aboard and so excited you get to see them again!

PS--your dad must be AWESOME!

i`ve been a Rush fan since 1973 and i took my daughter to wembley a few years ago and converted her to their wonderful sound, shame i can`t get my son into them he likes Iron Maiden (so do i) who as it happends we have tickets for the august show at the 02

Welcome! Been a huge fan since 1993. The people here are Mostly harmless. Careful, though. If you are ever in the same room as Alex Lifeson and Janie, you may want to just put a back to a wall and watch the events unfold. If you get caught between the two, you will sure suffer some damage.

If I end up in Europe when Rush is over there, I will be attending (that is, if I can get a ticket! I heard that they are nearly sold out!! sad.gif ). Otherwise, I'll be jetting around North America when they are here, catching as many shows as I can.

QUOTE (Rushchick10 @ Nov 23 2010, 04:32 PM)
Careful, though. If you are ever in the same room as Alex Lifeson and Janie, you may want to just put a back to a wall and watch the events unfold. If you get caught between the two, you will sure suffer some damage.

Oi you!!! exactly WHO'S sister in lust are you???? tongue.gif

Hi there! Welcome to the Mad House!!! Good to have another Brit around!

QUOTE (FoxxiStarr @ Nov 23 2010, 11:59 AM)
QUOTE (Rushchick10 @ Nov 23 2010, 04:32 PM)
Careful, though.  If you are ever in the same room as Alex Lifeson and Janie, you may want to just put a back to a wall and watch the events unfold.  If you get caught between the two, you will sure suffer some damage.

Oi you!!! exactly WHO'S sister in lust are you???? tongue.gif

Hi there! Welcome to the Mad House!!! Good to have another Brit around!

I just think you would be a little more civilized. Janie, on the other hand, would probably just destroy anyone in her path. You'd just knock them out of the way. wink.gif

hug2.gif And, YOU are my sister-in-lust! wink.gif

QUOTE (The Main Monkey Business @ Nov 23 2010, 10:20 AM)
Hi, welcome to the forum

I see you were at the NEC show in 2007 (me too, my first Rush gig)

Which shows are you doing next year

At the moment I'm just doing the NEC show, but if they add any more dates local to that area I'll be VERY tempted to get more tickets!

I'm quite surprised at the prices! There's very few bands I'd pay that much to go and see... Rush are obviously one of them though!

haha true, plus I think they're one of the only bands that have had an interval before when I've seen them so that says something tongue.gif

Hello and welcome to TRF! bekloppt.gif

QUOTE (Shirley @ Nov 23 2010, 11:19 PM)
Welcome to TRF!

I am also a Brit smile.gif I'm going to The 02 in London... it will be my FIRST gig! biggrin.gif

I'm a mad Geddy lover...

Grab a drink, take a pew and enjoy the view... biggrin.gif

Don't mind if I do :-D