Board and Rush Newb

The Lost Xanadu

Well...I figured this would be the best place to start as far as introductions go. I am a female Rush fan so I've got to be in the right place! lol

I'll start out by saying that I'm a new fan of Rush. I've only started getting into them a couple weeks ago and it has been the best decision of my life (musically). I've always known who they were. I've heard the typical songs on the radio like Tom Sawyer, Freewill, Subdivisions etc. Not exactly sure what clicked in my head but it was when I played/heard The Spirit of Radio on Guitar Hero 5 that really started everything. I really liked the song so I decide to investigate further. Then I remembered seeing something about this song called 2112 being on the most recent Guitar Hero game so I looked up some video of it and instantly fell head over heels which caused me to investigate even further! So to sum it up, I investigated and fell in love with anything and everything I heard and saw and I'm still finding new things biggrin.gif So here I am, amongst others who have the same passion.

As you can see to the left at my lovely avatar, I'm a Lerxst girl heart.gif . I've always been very fond of guitar players to begin with so it was pretty much destined to be laugh.gif Hes just so fun and goofy and probably the best guitar player I've seen besides the usuals but of course Ged and Neil are so so awesome too.

Anyway...I apologize for my longness and blabbing. I really look forward to meeting all of you and chatting about Rush (and other things too biggrin.gif )

bekloppt.gif

Welcome to TRF! I'm a Lerxst Lady, too - since the first time I saw him finger that fretboard in 1981 wink.gif

You are definitely in the right place. Have you had a browse through the Lickable Alex thread? Lots of great pics in there. Have fun!!

See you around.... trink39.gif

Welcome, The Lost Xanadu. We're a friendly bunch. Make yourself at home. My name's Babycat. Although I think the world of AlexFinal.gif my heart.gif remains devoted to GeddyFinal.gif (which makes m a hopelessly devoted Ged gal. Hope to hear from you soon.

Welcome to TRF, The Lost Xanadu! bekloppt.gif You'll be in good company here, hope that you like the board! smile.gif

Good day, eh?! And, welcome to the love that is Rush. There's really no hope for you now, so just give in. I remember the "discovery" phase of my fandom...and I relive those tingly moments when they put out a new album. It's amazing to be a fan of SUCH an incredible band.

Oh, and when I started listening to Rush I was a guitar gal, but Geddy convinced me to be a bass gal. wink.gif wink.gif He's got a way, that guy! wink.gif

So, welcome welcome! bekloppt.gif For the most part, this is a pretty friendly forum. Just, don't get between Foxxi and Janie when they are going after Lerxst. You may loose a limb! wink.gif

QUOTE (Rushchick10 @ Nov 13 2010, 07:46 AM)
Good day, eh?!  And, welcome to the love that is Rush.  There's really no hope for you now, so just give in.  I remember the "discovery" phase of my fandom...and I relive those tingly moments when they put out a new album.  It's amazing to be a fan of SUCH an incredible band.

Oh, and when I started listening to Rush I was a guitar gal, but Geddy convinced me to be a bass gal.  wink.gif  wink.gif  He's got a way, that guy! wink.gif

So, welcome welcome!  bekloppt.gif  For the most part, this is a pretty friendly forum.  Just, don't get between Foxxi and Janie when they are going after Lerxst.  You may loose a limb!  wink.gif

I don't think you want to get between me and another Geddy girl when we are going after Dirk, either. You will lose a limb. laugh.gif

But who's to say that Lerxst girls aren't fiercely protective of their man, as well? tongue.gif

You see what you do to us women, Rush? ohmy.gif

Welcome to the insanity (and love) that is TRF. xD; You'll learn to love it if you don't already.

Anyways, I'm Christine, and forcing me to pick one of the Rush guys as my favourite is an EVIL THING TO DO but in the end I'd probably blurt out "OKAY OKAY IT'S NEIL PEART" but only if one was waving a lighter under the 2112 album and had me tied to a chair.

(I also have a weird mind with weird thoughts. Don't mind them.)

We're all quite a friendly bunch here.. the guys too lol~ And it's all for the love of Rush! :D

QUOTE (CMWriter @ Nov 13 2010, 10:15 AM)
Welcome to the insanity (and love) that is TRF. xD; You'll learn to love it if you don't already.

Anyways, I'm Christine, and forcing me to pick one of the Rush guys as my favourite is an EVIL THING TO DO but in the end I'd probably blurt out "OKAY OKAY IT'S NEIL PEART" but only if one was waving a lighter under the 2112 album and had me tied to a chair.
(I also have a weird mind with weird thoughts. Don't mind them.)

We're all quite a friendly bunch here.. the guys too lol~ And it's all for the love of Rush! biggrin.gif

I've got a "weird mind", so don't worry about it..! laugh.gif

QUOTE (FoxxiStarr @ Nov 13 2010, 09:05 AM)
QUOTE (Rushchick10 @ Nov 13 2010, 12:46 PM)
Just, don't get between Foxxi and Janie when they are going after Lerxst.  You may loose a limb!  wink.gif

Hey - we'd make sure it was a non essential limb at least!! laugh.gif laugh.gif

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif Oh you Girls are funny... old.gif Thanks I need that laugh this day...

bekloppt.gif The Lost Xanadu! and Welcome to TRF.. 653.gif This will soon be your home away from home..

bekloppt.gif Hi The Lost Xanadu! Nice to meet you! trink39.gif

QUOTE (FoxxiStarr @ Nov 13 2010, 10:05 AM)
Just, don't get between Foxxi and Janie when they are going after Lerxst.  You may loose a limb!  wink.gif

I appreciate that... laugh.gif

Welcome! I'm Carrie, and I too am among those who knew about Rush all her life, but only became a serious fan in the last few months! For me, it was going to my first ever show and realizing how much I needed to make this band a priority in life!

Looking forward to having another at my side, newly discovering the rich world we've become a part of!

2.gif

QUOTE (1 of the 7 @ Nov 14 2010, 12:37 AM)
Welcome! I'm Carrie, and I too am among those who knew about Rush all her life, but only became a serious fan in the last few months! For me, it was going to my first ever show and realizing how much I needed to make this band a priority in life!

Looking forward to having another at my side, newly discovering the rich world we've become a part of!

2.gif

Awesome! Makes me feel not so alone biggrin.gif Lets discover Rush together lol

QUOTE (FoxxiStarr @ Nov 13 2010, 08:05 AM)

That's okay.... while you gals fight over Al, I will be dragging him away to my little hide-out in the woods! laugh.gif