Didn't Hot Pockets used to be tasty?

Tarkus406

They aint so bad, vs a cig. Once in awhile wont kill ya.. tongue.gif Cigs on the other hand will. biggrin.gif

Thr triple burger might be a little over the top but I'll give it a shot too. cool.gif

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah too many people seem to think that even having something unhealthy once in a while will ultimately destroy your life forever!

Its like when my mother wont eat peanuts because of fat content. If you eat 20 grams of peanuts, do you really think that'll cause you to gain 5 pounds of fat?

I think "bad for you" food or drink in moderation is okay.

Would I suggest:

Bacon and Eggs with hash browns & Coffee with real cream

for breakfast

One of those triple bypass burgers and a bag of pork rinds for lunch

AND

leg of mutton with potatoes au gratin with gravy and corn for dinner

and a neopolitan and a piece of pecan pie for dessert

all on the same day???

hell no. maybe not even in the same week -

You can look at life two ways - you only live once so eat your face off and enjoy life "in the now" OR

eat rabbit food most of your life and then and get struck by lightening. Oh well, too bad you didn't have that mutton. laugh.gif

I am now going to eat a few Rasberry Milano cookies 1287.gif

QUOTE (Tarkus406 @ Oct 14 2010, 03:23 PM)
Yeah too many people seem to think that even having something unhealthy once in a while will ultimately destroy your life forever!

Its like when my mother wont eat peanuts because of fat content. If you eat 20 grams of peanuts, do you really think that'll cause you to gain 5 pounds of fat?

Then there's the opposite: people who wolf down an entire cheesecake and chase it with a diet soda.

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Oct 13 2010, 04:40 PM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Oct 13 2010, 03:39 PM)
QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Oct 13 2010, 04:25 PM)
QUOTE (Tarkus406 @ Oct 13 2010, 03:07 PM)
By the way I know I've said this before, but this thread would go nicely in a FOOD SUBFORUM wink.gif

i would be a regular in the FOOD SUBFORUM. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Not that it's a bad idea, but I really don't think we'd have enough food content to justify dedicating an entire forum to it.

Though we'd have our choice of some good forum names...

Carve Away The Bone

Test For Eggo

Red Bruschetta

The Larger Mixing Bowl

Fry By Night

The Spirit of Radishes

Sweet Miracle Whip

Tai Shan Gai Pan

z7shysterical.gif

QUOTE (Tarkus406 @ Oct 14 2010, 01:23 PM)

Even if you are dieting... dont deny yourself the "bad foods" it will only make you feel like you are punishing yourself and then make you wanna cheat and then the diet is shot to hell. What I do (try to still do) is dont eat anything unhealthy during the week and that way the weekend is like a reward for being good. And even then... in moderation. You dont wanna gain 10lbs cause you gorged out on pizza, cookies and cakes all weekend.

That being said... I dont eat processed food EVER! They are SOOOO horrible for you. Something I should limit or maybe remove from my diet completely is cheese. I can't digest it well and it's fattening.

Edited by Ya_Big_Tree

QUOTE (Tarkus406 @ Oct 14 2010, 11:22 PM)
DONT HATE ON THE CHEESE! angry.gif

I'll eat YBT's portion of cheese. I love cheese. Cheddar, havarti, mozzarella (there is SUCH a difference between whole-milk and part-skim mozzarella!), bleu. . .the only cheese I can think of that I don't really care for is fontina.

QUOTE (The_Necromancer_77 @ Oct 14 2010, 09:49 PM)
QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Oct 14 2010, 08:45 PM)
MMmmmm. Cheese.

cheese is good. kind of.

i mean once you start thinking about how hard it is to digest, and how you really aren't meant to eat it...it loses its ~magic~.

Well the same could be said for ALL dairy. It's not really natural to be able to still digest dairy after a certain age. So when I became lactose intolerant around the age of 14-15 it was actually what is meant to happen in humans.

I STILL eat dairy eventhough I know it's gonna give me issues later. I LOVE pizza and cheese... but I have cut down on my intake considerably so I don't do any damage to my Digestive Tract.

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Oct 15 2010, 04:57 AM)
QUOTE (The_Necromancer_77 @ Oct 14 2010, 09:49 PM)
QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Oct 14 2010, 08:45 PM)
MMmmmm. Cheese.

cheese is good. kind of.

i mean once you start thinking about how hard it is to digest, and how you really aren't meant to eat it...it loses its ~magic~.

Well the same could be said for ALL dairy. It's not really natural to be able to still digest dairy after a certain age. So when I became lactose intolerant around the age of 14-15 it was actually what is meant to happen in humans.

I STILL eat dairy eventhough I know it's gonna give me issues later. I LOVE pizza and cheese... but I have cut down on my intake considerably so I don't do any damage to my Digestive Tract.

not sure if they make it in your neck of the woods but they have a salad pizza slice that's awesome in my area. no cheese, just sauce with lettuce tomatoe and a little olive oil and vinegar. cool.gif

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Oct 14 2010, 09:58 PM)

Even if you are dieting... dont deny yourself the "bad foods" it will only make you feel like you are punishing yourself and then make you wanna cheat and then the diet is shot to hell. What I do (try to still do) is dont eat anything unhealthy during the week and that way the weekend is like a reward for being good. And even then... in moderation. You dont wanna gain 10lbs cause you gorged out on pizza, cookies and cakes all weekend.

That being said... I dont eat processed food EVER! They are SOOOO horrible for you. Something I should limit or maybe remove from my diet completely is cheese. I can't digest it well and it's fattening.

Peanuts are good fats though.

Saturated/hydrogentated oils and fats are bad. Monosaturated ones are good for you, found in olive oil, nuts and fattier veggies like avacado. They can help your good cholesteral raise and the bad get lower.

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Oct 15 2010, 12:04 PM)

Saturated/hydrogentated oils and fats are bad. Monosaturated ones are good for you, found in olive oil, nuts and fattier veggies like avacado. They can help your good cholesteral raise and the bad get lower.

Good fats are also good for your brain. Essential, in fact. The neurons in your brain are protected by a covering made mostly of fat. The foods listed above contain the right fatty acids that the brain needs. Add salmon to that list, too.

Aside from your brain and your cholesterol levels, another part of your body that benefits from good fats are your eyes. The receptors on your eyes need those same Omega-3 and -6 fats to stay healthy.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Oct 15 2010, 11:47 AM)

Good fats are also good for your brain. Essential, in fact. The neurons in your brain are protected by a covering made mostly of fat. The foods listed above contain the right fatty acids that the brain needs. Add salmon to that list, too.

Aside from your brain and your cholesterol levels, another part of your body that benefits from good fats are your eyes. The receptors on your eyes need those same Omega-3 and -6 fats to stay healthy.

i guess that's why they call fish brain food. lots of omega 3's and good fats. does my calamari slice of pizza count? biggrin.gif

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Oct 15 2010, 04:33 PM)

i guess that's why they call fish brain food. lots of omega 3's and good fats. does my calamari slice of pizza count? biggrin.gif

I'm having fish and chips for dindin tonight! Need to recharge my brain... it's had a rough couple of weeks. wacko.gif

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Oct 15 2010, 05:37 PM)

I'm having fish and chips for dindin tonight! Need to recharge my brain... it's had a rough couple of weeks. wacko.gif

i need to cut down on the fried stuff but nothing like some good deep fried fish n chips on a friday night.

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Oct 15 2010, 04:43 PM)
QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Oct 15 2010, 05:37 PM)

i need to cut down on the fried stuff but nothing like some good deep fried fish n chips on a friday night.

Oh YA!

I havent had anything fried all week, or all last week I believe. Just a bunch of turkey... and I'm kinda turkeyd out to be honest. A nice fish fry is where it's at tonight! yes.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Oct 13 2010, 03:18 PM)
It's not that Hot Pockets used to taste good and all of a sudden they changed the "recipe" or started using lesser ingredients. Hot Pockets have always tasted like microwaved genetically-modified llama shit. It's just that your taste buds have matured. yes.gif

Of course, since Hot Pockets are being mentioned, I am required by law to post this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nu-dLUJzsW8

Funy lol Had to post that one on Facebook. lol

QUOTE (Tarkus406 @ Oct 16 2010, 08:51 PM)
But the thread isn't even about Hot Pockets anymore confused13.gif

this thread has had a few nice twists and turns. one of the them being bacon and the other is it stirred up some talk about a possible food subforum. this goes much deeper than hot pockets which i've never tried so i can't comment on them but i certainly like the food talk. laugh.gif