Dallas

tkdryan

Well it was amazing. The Texas State fair was going so it was a crazy weekend and parking was tough. Once in the Superpages.com center, it was very calm. Where i was located, Row AAA, i could see the stage clearly and if i turned around, i could see the Texas State Fair Ferris Wheel. It was an amazing sight.

The boys hit the stage around 7:45, of course opening up with the Spirit of Radio. This being my first i was enjoying the screens in the background. even the lighting was spectacular.

Lets address the critics of this forum.

1. Geddys Voice -- Was Great. You watch youtube and it does not do it justice. I was with 2 other guys. For me and Guillermo, it was our first Rush Concert. He said, I cant believe he can hit those notes still. Jason who attended the Snakes and Arrows tour was also amazed. He even said that Geddy was much better in this tour. In fact when they performed Closer to the Heart, i thought it sounded like the record and there was no struggle. Marathon was just outstanding as far as his voice goes. I had a little rouble during Limelight but i have been to other rock concerts and NO ONE is ever spot on every time. Singing for 3 hours is very difficult.

2. Some people dont like Niels Solo- Well it blew me away. Nice to hear some jazz in there and the background effects were outstanding.

3, the mix was incredible. His solos were heart stopping. I can see why you Lerxt gals like him ...LOL Outstanding. The Mandolin in working them angels was beautiful.

4. The videos of the guys switching roles was hilarious

5. My highlights were Marathon, BU2B, Vital Signs , and Closer to the Heart.

These men are masters of their domain. Nothing could have prepared me for what i saw. I saw 50yr olds rock out like 20 year olds. These guys did not sound like old bands trying to hold on like Aerosmith or KISS. In fact i prefer them live. Subdivisions is mu better live and all off the older stuff has more umf to it. Almost modern versions of classics.

I hope they release this on CD, because it would be my fav live album. this version of Marathom was much better then the one on Show of hands.

Outstanding night, the closing scene with the fan boys was a nice touch. Keep Slapping that Bass LOL

This coming from a fairly new fan. They are not even my fav group, well maybe they are now, but i have not seen a better show..... At this point in there careers there is no reason to bitch about setlists. To much to play. We should be lucky to have them playing so well. I admit it, i have never been a Tom sawyer fan, but to see it live was a treat. Sounded awesome.

Well thats my review, i have nothing to complain about. I cannot wait for the next Tour. All haters, go away please, like Matt Stone said, "You have to give it up for these guys, if not your just being an old dickhead."

LONG LIVE

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

Edited by tkdryan

What would you say the crowd looked like?

I had a bud who texted me that the lawn people seemed not to be into it.

I wasn't there, so would like to know.

I was in the Houston show...pretty much a sold out show. I could not believe the increase in people from two years ago. No one sat down, the Lawn was ROCKING...I think Houston did the boys proud.

I think the venue in Dallas was great...State Fair and all.

Thanks for posting.

Osage

This was my 6th time seeing them. It's been 14 years since I saw them last.

They were AWESOME!!!

I took my husband who is now a fan and said "Seeing the drummer do that solo is worth the money!" He thought they were great.

We were in row VV in the middle. Everyone was standing the entire time.

I've never been a Tom Sawyer fan...I think I am now.

Neil's solo was new (at least to me) and I liked it.

Geddy's voice is still great after all these years.

Alex's solo before "Closer to the heart" was WONDERFUL.

"Ladies please! Stop MOVING PICTURES!" rofl3.gif

Oh and I want a copy of the Polka version of "Closer to the Heart"!

Just got home from the Dallas show. I have seen them 10 times, and this is probably right up there in the top 2 or 3 shows that I have seen. Of course, it didn't hurt that I had second row, Geddy's side tickets! I mean, I was right in front of the man and interacted with him the whole show! wub.gif At one point, I told myself "You know, Alex and Neil are up there, too!!" laugh.gif

They were dead-on, like usual, and Geddy was quite "feisty," I would say, playing with the stuffed cat on his keyboards and playing along when that pesky Texan got up on stage and the Praetorian ape had to drag him off kicking and screaming! rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

Anyway, I had an AWESOME seat. The first time Geddy talked to the audience, he said "Hello Dallas," then saw me in front of him with my Idaho Rush license plate, then smiled and said "This is Dallas, right?"

It was a blast! I had some awesome hosts who took me in for the weekend and treated me like royalty (that is, if you get royalty super drunk the night before the show! laugh.gif ).

Fun time had by all! yes.gif

This was show #20!! for me..Still rockin'.......Geddy's voice stronger it seemed than last tour. Neil was his usual badass self...But, ALEX stole the show......for me! I haven't seen him play like that in years...he absolutely tore it up in the Working Man encore! Shreddin like a youngster! Awesome!

applaudit.gif

The Superpages.com center was as full as i've ever seen it. The lawn had people from edge to edge, all the way to the back. I was at the back, straight on from the stage. Sounded great, but last night belonged to Lerxst Lifeson, holy shit did he rip it up one side and down the other!!! What a stud. Everyone around me were singing Vital signs in unison, very cool.

I was amazed at the show, I had such a good time, I thought the sound was fantastic and as its already been mentioned I thought the same thing that Alex was tearing it up big time playing. I had a cool surprise while waiting for the show to start as well, I love Drag Racing (gotta love 300 MPH Top Fuel cars) and went to qualifying on Friday at the Dallas race, talk about cool, the crew chief and most of the team for one of the top cars was at the show, it was cool to see that they took off after the race was over to come to the show smile.gif

QUOTE (osage2112 @ Sep 27 2010, 02:56 PM)
What would you say the crowd looked like?

I had a bud who texted me that the lawn people seemed not to be into it.

I wasn't there, so would like to know.

I was in the Houston show...pretty much a sold out show. I could not believe the increase in people from two years ago. No one sat down, the Lawn was ROCKING...I think Houston did the boys proud.

I think the venue in Dallas was great...State Fair and all.

Thanks for posting.
Osage

You know i thought the crowd was pretty good, im sure i made a fool of myself laugh.gif a few times with the fist pumps and air druming, and singing along. I always yelled yeah or yee haw after a song or during a Lifeson solo. THe guy in front of us passed out from to much booze trink38.gif

It started to get cold but the lawn looked like they were into it.

Understand the city of Dallas, Lots of Rich tame people. It was like going to a Cowboys game. even in the new Jerry World Stadium, its quite. Its like the in thing to do and Rush might have been the in thing that night. I dont doubt that half the crowd probably spent the day at the fair. It make me wonder if Neil got stuck in traffic laugh.gif

No the crowd was into it,

BTW- it was fun to woo during 2112 tongue.gif

Totally know what you mean! Sept. 2nd (Syracuse, NY) was my first; it not only blew me away, it reordered my priorities in life! It will NOT be my last, and it's gonna be one long winter. I hope I get to go to more than one next year, and meet some folks from here - it looks like you all know how to have a great time!

OH! Did anyone get video of Geddy tearing it up during Leave That Thing Alone? Man...that dude is killer! Not only is he the best freaking bassist in the world, he's smokin' hot too! drool1.gif

Ahem...anyways, I was so enthralled with his little bass improv there that I didn't even think to record it! doh.gif Anyone get it?

QUOTE (FoxxiStarr @ Sep 28 2010, 07:21 AM)
Just found this on youtube .. and you're right.. Lerxst totally rips it up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lL0hxAUaf8

Yes, Lerxst was on FIRE during that song! It was great!

1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

Now, still looking for Geddy tearing it up on Leave That Thing Alone. wub.gif