PNC Bank Arts Center (a review)

ericplayzbass

QUOTE (GeddysMullet @ Sep 4 2010, 10:42 AM)
What an incredible night! I can never really give a review because after a Rush gig I'm pretty much reduced to senselessly babbling words like SO GREAT! AMAZING! LIFE-AFFIRMING! BEAUTIFUL! WONDERFUL! and HOW DO THEY DO THAT?!?! This was my 10th time seeing Rush since my first time at PNC in 2007, and even now that I know what greatness can be expected, I am still blown away every single time by just how great that greatness is! I can't express in words how much I love and admire this magical band, but perhaps you can see it in my dorky happy face in this picture:

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x285/geddysmullet/PostPNC.jpg
That is ericplayzbass, his father Rich, myself, and little-known user Anthemic.

A big shout-out to the TRF tailgate gang for the food and friendliness, to Tarkus406 for the chairs, and most of all to Eric and Rich for hooking us up with that sweet spot on the lawn barrier, which gave us not just a great place to see and hear but great companions with whom to enjoy the show. Cool Rush fans make it EXTRA-special!

THANK YOU ALL wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif

Aw man I wish I had found you guys, but I was getting on peoples' nerves walking around by the barrier so I stayed put. Mullet, you guys can have the chairs as a suiveniour(sp) laugh.gif and ericplayzbass I'm sorry for not meetin ya.

Next time I'm out on the lawn with you guys. I'm not paying for reserved seating again unless I know for sure they are centre. No more last-seat-in-the-row side of the amiphitheatre bullshit no.gif Waste of $180 if you ask me.

But aside that and my headache that caused me to leave early, what I heard of the show was excellent as always biggrin.gif The sound is GREAT from the lawn.

And sorry to metaldad for ditchin ya at the start! Had no idea you'd end up sitting next to me laugh.gif

What a show! Had a great time with my wife who toweled me off throughout as it was quite warm 4th row in. She was a trooper last night with her injured leg and all. Was a great date night for the both of us.

RUSH fans are great too. I want to thank the woman who bought me and my

wife a beer because she thought she cut in front of me at the lounge area. That was really nice.

Once again RUSH did not disappoint. The boys were in top form. Other than the guitar issues previously mentioned I thought the show was flawless. The energy that went back and forth between the crowd and the band was incredible.

Looking forward to the release of Clockwork Angels and the following tour.

2.gif

Enjoyed the show very much. Even from an outer seat beyond the overhead covering. Sitting on Alex's side the sound was good as always. I love this venue do to the ease of getting to and the sound. I believe it blows Jones beach away where the sound is much poorer. That is just my comparison of seeing RUSH tours at both venues many times.

Earl knew not to mess with RUSH and it was a great way to see what must be my 30th RUSH concert. I enjoyed the steampunk theme and I hope they finish the album and return in 2011 or more likely 2012.

P.S. I wish I had a gafilter. Those little movie inserts show how much of a sense of humor they have.

QUOTE (marblesmike @ Sep 6 2010, 08:30 PM)
QUOTE (Axeshredder @ Sep 6 2010, 08:39 PM)
heres mine
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ejxojzw9hrw

Hey, great video! I hope you filmed the whole show or maybe some more songs??

thanks Mike..Red Barchetta and YYZ are the only others and still havent gone over if all is ok...its a sacrafice filming..i only do few per show..but i have audio of the whole show minus encore when i snuck up to third row...that will take some time

Excellent show. Blown away (as per usual). Want to see them again, hope they play in 2011. And I am doing the VIP thing next time.

I was in row x in 104, pretty close on Alex's side. I had visions of myself running and jumping over 2 the yellow shirted security people and onto the stage ( laugh.gif good luck with that, Librarian!) I'd probably end up grabbing onto Alex's ankles, and then get ripped off, thrown out and/or arrested. lose my job...house...

The video screens on the sides did not work for the first film, so if one was on the sides on the aisles (me), you missed it. (I'll have to check it out on youtube!)

The crowd was in pretty good spirits, as well as the band. Considering they would be off for the next week or so, I believe they gave a little extra umph! trink39.gif

It all went so fast. It was like planning for a wedding - purchased my tickets back in April and waiting and planning then Blam! it happened and it's over and frankly, I'm a little depressed.

I think I sat for maybe two songs, otherwise I was all over the place - The next day I felt I got hit by a bus. I was exhausted. And I didn't even drink!

- Not a $12 bucks a pop for a frozen margarita! ohmy.gif - Okay, I had one. biggrin.gif

Did any of you gentlemen hit the ladies room? 'cause I know some of you did! dazed025.gif

The ladies room line was virtually empty. I was in the downstairs restrooms - putting my hair up, which exploded the minute I got out of the car Friday afternoon and hit the humidity pit that was the tri-state area angry.gif By the end of the first set, I was in full Rosannadanna poof.

Anyway,

suddenly unsure.gif there was a man, and then another, and then another - they raided the ladies room! I guess when you gotta, you gotta.

I really didn't mind, I just thought it was interesting.

I did make a shirt and I wore it, and let my friend wear my TM jersey. If anyone noticed someone wearing a jersey that was was grey with black sleeves and this picture:

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll82/librarianJ/librarianj1/Publication1.gif

That was me in it bekloppt.gif

Thanks 2.gif, Great show!

b_sigh.gif back to work, more later bolt.gif

QUOTE (librarian @ Sep 7 2010, 01:01 PM)
It all went so fast. It was like planning for a wedding - purchased my tickets back in April and waiting and planning then Blam! it happened and it's over and frankly, I'm a little depressed.

I know what you mean Librarian. So much build-up, so much anticipation and the actual concert goes by waaay too fast sad.gif

I'm thrilled that these guys are still playing and rocking as awesome as ever so this glass is definitely half full!

2.gif

yes.gif