Allentown pics and videos from 2nd row

tapehead2

I hope no one is too offended by this, but here goes anyway.

I watched the first video Closer to the Heart. First off, it's INCREDIBLY well shot and looks fantastic, so thank you for that! biggrin.gif trink39.gif

Also, I love the acoustic guitar intro and all the changes they made to the song - like really, REALLY amazing!

But man, Geddy's voice sounded simply HORRIBLE there. Yikes! eh.gif

You are not the first person to complain about Ged's voice on Closer to the Heart for this tour. Unfortunately the FWTK vocal range is gone from Ged's voice, and has been gone for a long time. That said, I'd still rather hear them do the song anyway. smile.gif Edited by FootballYouBet

Awesome!

Thank you.

If you have the entire show on video you should unload it to dimeadozen.org for all rush fans to enjoy.

edit... thanks for the dime audio.. just saw it smile.gif.. love your recordings

Edited by skier66

QUOTE (FootballYouBet @ Sep 2 2010, 09:12 AM)
You are not the first person to complain about Ged's voice on Closer to the Heart for this tour. Unfortunately the FWTK vocal range is gone from Ged's voice, and has been gone for a long time. That said, I'd still rather hear them do the song anyway. smile.gif

What does FWTK vocal range mean?

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Sep 2 2010, 06:36 PM)
QUOTE (FootballYouBet @ Sep 2 2010, 09:12 AM)
You are not the first person to complain about Ged's voice on Closer to the Heart for this tour. Unfortunately the FWTK vocal range is gone from Ged's voice, and has been gone for a long time. That  said, I'd still rather hear them do the song anyway.  smile.gif

What does FWTK vocal range mean?

Farewell to kings.

QUOTE (tapehead2 @ Sep 2 2010, 10:03 AM)
Closer To The Heart HD video

La Villa Strangiato HD video

Freewill HD video

Subdivisions HD video

Photos from Allentown 8/31/10

Hey, you can see me in row 1 doing Subdivisions! Awesome clear vids!

Were you one of the Asian couple on the aisle in at the end of Section E? Did alex try to give you a guitar pick and your gf (or you) didnt take it?

If so, bummer. The guy next to me got Neil's Sticks. sweet for him.

QUOTE (Jaminbenb @ Sep 2 2010, 04:36 PM)
Nice shots! Did you get the whole show? (and will you be seeding a DVD at some point?!?!)

Unfortunately no, I only shot these four songs. I was in the second row in front of Alex, and there was a security guard posted five feet from me the entire time. I didn't want to push my luck with excessive filming and risk 1) pissing off Alex and/or 2) getting told by security to shut it down. So I chose four songs only, kind of spread out. The rest of the time I was playing air drums and air guitar. Alex looked right at me at a couple points. smile.gif

QUOTE (tapehead2 @ Sep 2 2010, 07:24 PM)
Nice shots! Did you get the whole show? (and will you be seeding a DVD at some point?!?!)

Unfortunately no, I only shot these four songs. I was in the second row in front of Alex, and there was a security guard posted five feet from me the entire time. I didn't want to push my luck with excessive filming and risk 1) pissing off Alex and/or 2) getting told by security to shut it down. So I chose four songs only, kind of spread out. The rest of the time I was playing air drums and air guitar. Alex looked right at me at a couple points. smile.gif

Yeah, I saw you playing the wireless Air Guitar.

Alex had a guy come up and he tried to give you his pick, but you didn't take it.

sad.gif

Nice! But what a shame, the vids were great!!!!

I was with ya playing air drums! Kind of hard NOT to do! hahahaha!!!

I had Geddy laughing at me in Philly back in 84 because I was so into the show air drumming and all that!!

QUOTE (jdouglas @ Sep 2 2010, 07:39 PM)

Alex had a guy come up and he tried to give you his pick, but you didn't take it.

sad.gif

Arrrgghhhh!!!

When I am filming, I get in a zone. I am trying to stay PERFECTLY still and I don't want people talking to me or breaking my concentration. When that guy approached me with what looked like a little rolled up piece of paper (?), I thought he was another audience member who wanted a copy of my video and was handing me his email address. So I just glared at him, not wanting to be disturbed.

Okay so now I am banging my head against the wall. Oh well, at least I got Alex's attention. banghead.gif

Edited by tapehead2

QUOTE (tapehead2 @ Sep 2 2010, 10:03 AM)

Freewill HD video

Subdivisions HD video

Was this you! Musta been right behind me. We were in the first row, section E seats 10 and 11.

QUOTE (tapehead2 @ Sep 2 2010, 08:18 PM)
QUOTE (jdouglas @ Sep 2 2010, 07:39 PM)

sad.gif

Arrrgghhhh!!!

When I am filming, I get in a zone. I am trying to stay PERFECTLY still and I don't want people talking to me or breaking my concentration. When that guy approached me with what looked like a little rolled up piece of paper (?), I thought he was another audience member who wanted a copy of my video and was handing me his email address. So I just glared at him, not wanting to be disturbed.

Okay so now I am banging my head against the wall. Oh well, at least I got Alex's attention. banghead.gif

Oh well,

You looked like you had alot fun, and the vids came out great.

wink.gif

Thank you for the videos...awesome. Don't worry about the pick thing...your skill at getting these shots will make up for that later...best video I have seen...better than the produced stuff they have released...raw, live, and awesome...

QUOTE (tapehead2 @ Sep 2 2010, 11:03 AM)

Freewill HD video

Subdivisions HD video

Thanks man - and thanks for the Irvine and Vegas DVD's too! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Finding IT @ Sep 4 2010, 07:46 PM)
Here are the shots I took from front row center. Great seats, lousy camera.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=88728&id=1301655211

really enjoy looking at your photos... good job! love the Geddy action shots, especially cool you were able to capture the Geddy Jump!