Who agrees that there are too many strobes?

fonzbear2000

I have nothing against strobes, but I just don't like overkill on them. They started to give me a headache and I wonder how many of Rush's older fans don't like it either. Those LED lights are amazing though. I'd love to see them used more often and the strobes less often.

QUOTE (fonzbear2000 @ Aug 28 2010, 02:07 AM)
I have nothing against strobes, but I just don't like overkill on them. They started to give me a headache and I wonder how many of Rush's older fans don't like it either. Those LED lights are amazing though. I'd love to see them used more often and the strobes less often.

Me it's always the screens that i would get rid off! comp26.gif

QUOTE (RUDT @ Aug 28 2010, 05:39 AM)

I would tend to agree that the screens are much more distracting than the strobes. I enjoy most of the screen stuff but not a whole lot.

One reason I usually hit at least 2 shows every tour is to watch the screens the first time and ignore them and only watch the band the second tiime.

I don't mind them as long as the band isn't overdoing it. I didn't have a problem with it when I saw them. I have seen shows though where bands do it on almost every song and that gets annoying. In bigger places where Rush plays it's not bad but if you have a ton of strobes in a small theater or club that's when they bother me.

QUOTE (RUDT @ Aug 28 2010, 05:39 AM)

I never said to get rid of them. I'm suggesting they should cut back on them. Also, I don't mean the amount of strobes being used, but how often they're used. Actually, I agree about the screens as well. A video here and there is OK, but not on almost every song.

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Aug 28 2010, 02:11 PM)
I don't mind them as long as the band isn't overdoing it. I didn't have a problem with it when I saw them. I have seen shows though where bands do it on almost every song and that gets annoying. In bigger places where Rush plays it's not bad but if you have a ton of strobes in a small theater or club that's when they bother me.

That's the problem. Rush definitely overdoes it. And even though their shows are in a large venue, it's still too much for me. Sure, compared to a band who would do it for EVERY song, which I've never seen, it wouldn't be a lot, but for a Rush concert which has quite a few fans in their mid 40's and older, it is a bit too much. Again, I don't know why they don't use those INCREDIBLE LED lights more often, at least as often as they used the strobes.

QUOTE (RUDT @ Aug 28 2010, 10:39 AM)

If they got rid of the screens then there's little chance of me seeing anything much - I'm such a short arse laugh.gif

QUOTE (Tigershark2112 @ Aug 28 2010, 06:37 PM)
I just don't know when people became so sensitive, It's a rock show! AND IT'S 2.gif !
Expect some crazy lights!

I love crazy lights. Just not strobes being overdone. Again, why don't they do less strobes and more of those INCREDIBLE LED lights?

Man, do you guys LOVE to complain!!!!!! Sounds like a group of old hens!!!!!

And I'm about as old as RUSH fans get!!!! . . . GEEZ . . . THIS TOUR IS AMAZING!!!!!!!

WICKED AMAZING!!!!!!!

The strobes, the piros, the set, the BAND IS WICKED F'IN AMAZING!!!!!

Hare biggrin.gif

QUOTE (fonzbear2000 @ Aug 29 2010, 05:37 PM)
^^^^Typical of an ultra, diehard fan who's afraid to say anything negative about their precious Rush.

You're like that with Iron Maiden so I wouldn't be calling anyone else out on that at all. It has nothing to do with not saying anything bad about them. It just that the strobes weren't excessive as far as some of us are concerned and some of us didn't have a problem with it. I didn't have a problem with them when I saw them in Saratoga Springs.

When I see them at the state fair in Syracuse on thursday i'll be in the front row, so i'll be able to get a better idea on how often the strobes are used and if they are bothersome or not. At the first show I went to I was off on Geddy's side of the stage and away from the lights so nothing bothered me at all.

I thought the lighting was great, including the strobes. I didnt even notice they used them that much. I think it woul dbe neat to see them without the video screens (regardless of my position, first 5 rows or back, i catch myself 'watching tv' and have to go back to watching the band smile.gif).

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Aug 29 2010, 07:04 PM)
QUOTE (fonzbear2000 @ Aug 29 2010, 05:37 PM)
^^^^Typical of an ultra, diehard fan who's afraid to say anything negative about their precious Rush.

You're like that with Iron Maiden so I wouldn't be calling anyone else out on that at all. It has nothing to do with not saying anything bad about them. It just that the strobes weren't excessive as far as some of us are concerned and some of us didn't have a problem with it. I didn't have a problem with them when I saw them in Saratoga Springs.

When I see them at the state fair in Syracuse on thursday i'll be in the front row, so i'll be able to get a better idea on how often the strobes are used and if they are bothersome or not. At the first show I went to I was off on Geddy's side of the stage and away from the lights so nothing bothered me at all.

Sure, I think Maiden's singer is the the best ever, but I'm also not afraid to say negative things about them when I feel it's warranted. I don't like the fact that their 3rd guitar player, Janick Gers, is allowed to play and ruin the other guitar player's solos. There are even a couple vocal moments on their new album that I don't like that much. In fact, I'm even bored with one of them. And for the record, I'm a HUGE, ultra mega Rush fan as well. Rush and Maiden are 2 of my most favorite bands of all time, but just because I'm a mega diehard fan of a band, that shouldn't mean I have to love and worship everything they do no matter what.

Edited by fonzbear2000

QUOTE (Alex @ Aug 28 2010, 12:54 PM)
Want a seizure? Watch Red Sector A from the R30 tour
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V582iVNAxcc

All kidding aside, this performance actually DID trigger a seizure in my son when I let him watch it as the extra in RIO (I think it was from RIO).

He has a long history of seizures but that was the first time that lights did it to him.