Opening Act/Start Time?

BleedingPurist

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Aug 13 2010, 12:23 PM)
No opening act and the boys normally hit the stage within 15 minutes of the time on the ticket.

Enjoy trink39.gif

Thanks guys! I knew there probably wasn't an opening act, but wanted to be sure. This is my first Rush show!

I usually time my arrival for just before the main band actually hits the stage, which in most cases is at 8:45. That would be quite tragic if I tried that tonight. So promptness to the stated time on the ticket it is!

QUOTE (BleedingPurist @ Aug 13 2010, 02:27 PM)
QUOTE (Snowdog @ Aug 13 2010, 12:23 PM)
No opening act and the boys normally hit the stage within 15 minutes of the time on the ticket.

Enjoy  trink39.gif

Thanks guys! I knew there probably wasn't an opening act, but wanted to be sure. This is my first Rush show!

I usually time my arrival for just before the main band actually hits the stage, which in most cases is at 8:45. That would be quite tragic if I tried that tonight. So promptness to the stated time on the ticket it is!

No, don't mess around, Rush is a pretty regimented band, it's rare for them to start more than 15 minutes late. We got there at 6:30 and had a few drinks before finding our seats around 7:00-7:15

When I saw them in Saratoga Springs the showtime was 8:00 and it started just about on time. Their basic concert format is the first set lasts a little over an hour and then they take a 15-20 minute break then the second set is almost 90mins.

Enjoy your first Rush show trink39.gif

the opening act started sometime about 8:00pm in 1995? they probably had a 45 minute set and there was 30-45 minutes between for takedown and setup and Rush came on about 9:30 ish and played till about 11:00 or so...

that was then.

They started around 8:00PM last night, a half hour late, which is typical for Irvine. Every time I've seen Rush here, the ticket says 7:30 and they start at 8:00PM. Irvine has a long and hilly walk to actually get to your seat...first timers there dont anticipate it. At 7:30, I'd say the place was about 2/3 full, but by 8, when they came on, it was full.

QUOTE (Drumnut @ Aug 14 2010, 02:47 PM)
QUOTE (Joshua @ Aug 13 2010, 07:30 PM)
No opening act but there may be a pre-show short film. A comedy, so I've heard.

These guy's have a sense of humor, you're kidding right? tongue.gif

I'm not kidding. I dare not say any more though lest I be flogged by the Spoiler Police. smile.gif

Archived