I love Pearl Jam, anyone else?

afurrything

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I of course would suggest listening to any of the songs I posted above.

I tried to give my friend a mix, stuff he might have heard before and stuff he probably hadn't. And I wanted to give him a taste of different stuff. SO far he says they are interesting.

If anything go listen to Hard To Imagine, how that ended up on Lost Dogs I'll never know! And I am pretty excited there may be new PJ on it's way. Mike said there was a bunch of stuff that didn't end up on Backspacer since they were going for faster shorter stuff on it soooo YAY!!! Hopefully some of that will be out soon!

I love what they did with Backspacer. I like the short but fast songs.

There are two songs I skip, Gonna See My Friend, although I know a lot of people that really like it. I also skip Speed Of Sound.

I admit I think The End could have been on EV's solo stuff, and he actually played it at one of his solo shows before Backspacer was out. It's not one of my favorite's, have to be in that kind of mood to listen.

One song that on first listen I hated is Force Of Nature. I actually took it off my playlist. Luckily I added it back in later on because it ended up being my favorite. When I saw them in May I was soo disappointed they didn't play it in KC or St Louis but got to hear it in Indy. Sadly it doesn't play well live, but YAY I got to hear it. Still is my favorite of Backspacer. The Fixer had to grow on me too.

What more can I say tongue.gif I could talk PJ all day. I think it's funny one day I was in the kitchen cooking and my daughter Clara was in there helping me. She was singing and kept saying Nothing Left Nothing There. I asked her what she was singing and she said, Oh just my favorite song. So Unthought Known is her favorite from Backspacer wub.gif You should hear her sing the end of Black she puts all her heart and soul, well as much as a 5 year old has, into the "Why why can't it be mine" GOSH I love this child.

QUOTE (afurrything @ Aug 2 2010, 01:29 AM)

I admit I think The End could have been on EV's solo stuff, and he actually played it at one of his solo shows before Backspacer was out. It's not one of my favorite's, have to be in that kind of mood to listen.

I loved The End right from the first time i heard it haha. But it does sound a whole lot better if you're feeling sentimental and lamenting or whatnot tongue.gif Im a sucker for that type of music though laugh.gif

QUOTE (fledgehog @ Aug 2 2010, 12:36 AM)
QUOTE (afurrything @ Aug 2 2010, 01:29 AM)

I loved The End right from the first time i heard it haha. But it does sound a whole lot better if you're feeling sentimental and lamenting or whatnot tongue.gif Im a sucker for that type of music though laugh.gif

See my problem with The End was that I did hear it as a solo song and the lyrics have been changed a bit. I like the original version I heard, and it was live and had so much emotion. I fell in love with that version and then I hear the studio one and it was like a completely different song. sad.gif

They kinda lost me after Yield. I did buy Binaural and Riot Act, but hated both, and didn't get their self titled album. But somehow I decided to give them a shot and bought Backspacer. What a pleasant surprise!!! I still listed to it back and forth every second week, and saw them in Perth, Australia last year. Vedder gives it all onstage, and it's impressive how much he gest involved with the local scene. During the show he mentioned several Perth bands that he liked, and I checked them out later. Spot on!!! Lots of good ones, including the infamously-titled The gays.

I love tremor christ from the Vitalogy CD, I plan to pick up Backspacer next week. I might pick up Yield as well. Im still torn though. I go back and fourth between Vs and Vitalogy. Cant figure out which one is my fav

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Aug 2 2010, 03:51 PM)
QUOTE (fledgehog @ Aug 2 2010, 05:15 AM)
love pearl jam.
am i the only one who thought Backspacer was a real return to form done properly?

In full agreement with you.

I also agree. I think one of the reasons it's as enjoyable as it is, is because they trimmed the fat. It clocks in under 40 minutes. I'm sure they left a lot of material on the cutting room floor, so to speak.

I think it's their best since Yield.

QUOTE (tkdryan @ Aug 2 2010, 02:10 PM)
I love tremor christ from the Vitalogy CD, I plan to pick up Backspacer next week. I might pick up Yield as well. Im still torn though. I go back and fourth between Vs and Vitalogy. Cant figure out which one is my fav

I fell in love with Tremor Christ a few months ago. So much so that I went to several message boards I belong to and changed my name from afurrything to Tremor Christ. laugh.gif

Before then I never really liked the song. Weird that it took me so long.

QUOTE (afurrything @ Aug 2 2010, 05:02 PM)
QUOTE (tkdryan @ Aug 2 2010, 02:10 PM)
I love tremor christ from the Vitalogy CD,  I plan to pick up Backspacer next week.  I might pick up Yield as well.  Im still torn though.  I go back and fourth between Vs and Vitalogy.  Cant figure out which one is my fav

I fell in love with Tremor Christ a few months ago. So much so that I went to several message boards I belong to and changed my name from afurrything to Tremor Christ. laugh.gif

Before then I never really liked the song. Weird that it took me so long.

Are they on tour right now. I would love to see them.

They remind me of Rush in the sense that they are still around while most of there piers are gone. They keep making albums and people buy. They have managed to stay relevant. I get the feeling they are going to be around for awhile

QUOTE (Akron162 @ Nov 4 2011, 03:07 PM)
They are better than Nirvana, thats the best i can say about them. They are coming to Costa Rica for the first time, by the way. Im not going to see them, but is ramarcable anyway.

Pura vida! How's the Sarapiqui flowing?

Are Pearl Jam that well known in Costa Rica among the natives? I'd be curious to see the reception they get...although I guess there are tons of Yanks on the Pacific coast these days, so it's almost like a home gig.

I think they're a great live band, and love their first three releases.

QUOTE (goose @ Nov 5 2011, 12:56 AM)
They are better than Nirvana, thats the best i can say about them. They are coming to Costa Rica for the first time, by the way. Im not going to see them, but is ramarcable anyway.

Are Pearl Jam that well known in Costa Rica among the natives? I'd be curious to see the reception they get...although I guess there are tons of Yanks on the Pacific coast these days, so it's almost like a home gig.

As allways, there have been some floods, but nothing serious.

As for the reception, well, Iron Maiden, Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer, Judas Priest and Motorhead have passed by recently and it was a great succes around here, so i supose it must be the same with Pearl Jam.

QUOTE (Akron162 @ Nov 5 2011, 02:32 AM)

As for the reception, well, Iron Maiden, Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer, Judas Priest and Motorhead have passed by recently and it was a great succes around here, so i supose it must be the same with Pearl Jam.

Just curious...what brings you to Costa Rica?

QUOTE (goose @ Nov 5 2011, 09:14 AM)
QUOTE (Akron162 @ Nov 5 2011, 02:32 AM)

Just curious...what brings you to Costa Rica?

I live here, im Costa Rican.