Gear Spoilers!

jdouglas

I was sad not to see the ric, and either the HRF or one of the strats for some of the MP songs.

The tele sounded awful in Vital Signs (and I like teles normally).

The Les Paul Axcess are sweet guitars, but I was very glad to see the ES355 (reissue it looked like) come out at the end. I'm just not a huge fan of the Les Pauls, they are too dark for most of the songs IMO.

So in summary, would it kill ya Alex to play the HRF on Tom Sawyer and the white strat for Vital Signs or Red Barchetta? Geddy, give us some RIC!

Please make these changes for Allentown (haha)... smile.gif

QUOTE (jdouglas @ Jul 23 2010, 08:54 PM)
I was sad not to see the ric, and either the HRF or one of the strats for some of the MP songs.

The tele sounded awful in Vital Signs (and I like teles normally).

The Les Paul Axcess are sweet guitars, but I was very glad to see the ES355 (reissue it looked like) come out at the end.  I'm just not a huge fan of the Les Pauls, they are too dark for most of the songs IMO.

So in summary, would it kill ya Alex to play the HRF on Tom Sawyer and the white strat for Vital Signs or Red Barchetta?  Geddy, give us some RIC!

Please make these changes for Allentown (haha)... smile.gif

the HR is uber-cool ,but not a TON of sustain: listen to the big bend towards the end of the tomsawyer lead on the Exit..Stage Left video (to hear example of the lack of sustain.) His les pauls sound awesome to me. With NO shortage of sustain. I wish he would play his black LP customs more actually. But he is really rocking his LP standards with lots of really nice tops!

BUT: 1000% love the moving pictures-grace era strats comment. That would have been really cool. I also like the red with the mirror pickguard. The Hentor Sortscater is sweet too.

Mix any one of those axes with the Ric...sAweeet! it would be nice to hear the exit...stage left bass tone; LOVE it yes.gif

And i 'd rather hear lerxt play through marshalls. I have access to a lerxt head; it's awesome, period. But part of it still "imitates" a Marshall anyways.

QUOTE (hughes&kettner @ Jul 23 2010, 10:38 PM)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yc9VWvlVsKo

listen to 2:17 on the bend, how is stops ringing,and the bends at the end of the solo, he has to pick more than on the studio version...
hollow body...

He recorded the studio version with the same guitar, sounds like his finger just slipped a bit live IMO...plus it's next to impossible to match the studio tone actually with so many variables (mic placement, 100s of knob settings, and even temperatures). The HRF is just a semihollow Les Paul really, and semihollows are usually known to sustain more than a solid body guitar.

The Les Pauls definately have newer and hotter pickups in them, that's why they sound....well more modern...but I like the vintage sound myself.

I'm not a huge fan of the H&K either really. Kinda makes every song sound the same, and his solos lacked some definition because of them I think. Some just sounded messy I think. The H&K and the tele don't sound good together IMO. It's not the tele.

but whatever...heavy is modern I guess.

Don't like Neil's kit , want the double bass drum set up back . I do know that will never happen

QUOTE (jdouglas @ Jul 26 2010, 07:52 PM)
I kinda liked the kit in the back with the small bass drum...sounded nice..very woody....(Qualifier: I dont know nuthin about drums)

the small kit in the back is all electronic including the bass drum. he just puts them in shells so that they look pretty. but i did dig the sample he had for the kick.

and i loved neil's drums sound. even at molson amphitheatre it still kicked some major ass. and his cymbals with the sprocket and gear print on them were so easy on the eyes.

QUOTE (jdouglas @ Jul 26 2010, 07:52 PM)
I kinda liked the kit in the back with the small bass drum...sounded nice..very woody....(Qualifier: I dont know nuthin about drums)

http://i31.tinypic.com/2w4fdah.jpg

Drum. Drum. Bass Drum. A very woody sounding word. Drum...quite like it.

Ones post #850, can't be serious......

Serious. No, not at all. A very tinny sort of word...

QUOTE (analog guy @ Jul 23 2010, 10:41 PM)
Was hoping to see the double-necks. Doesn't sound like they make an appearance this time.

Nope, not unless they suddenly swap Xanadu or Passage to Bangkok into the setlist. Those are the only two songs they've ever used the double-necks for.

QUOTE (mmclarney @ Jul 27 2010, 09:13 AM)
Was hoping to see the double-necks. Doesn't sound like they make an appearance this time.

Nope, not unless they suddenly swap Xanadu or Passage to Bangkok into the setlist. Those are the only two songs they've ever used the double-necks for.

Alex also used it for Hemispheres - Prelude on the Counterparts tour because it was right after Xanadu. It worked well.

Nope.

They're not playing "Xanadu" or "Passage to Bangkok," and so they don't need them. And when they don't need them, they're not going to break them out just for show. That would be style over substance, and that's not Rush.

QUOTE (jdouglas @ Jul 24 2010, 01:15 AM)
QUOTE (hughes&kettner @ Jul 23 2010, 10:38 PM)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yc9VWvlVsKo

listen to 2:17 on the bend, how is stops ringing,and the bends at the end of the solo, he has to pick more than on the studio version...
hollow body...

He recorded the studio version with the same guitar, sounds like his finger just slipped a bit live IMO...plus it's next to impossible to match the studio tone actually with so many variables (mic placement, 100s of knob settings, and even temperatures). The HRF is just a semihollow Les Paul really, and semihollows are usually known to sustain more than a solid body guitar.

The Les Pauls definately have newer and hotter pickups in them, that's why they sound....well more modern...but I like the vintage sound myself.

I'm not a huge fan of the H&K either really. Kinda makes every song sound the same, and his solos lacked some definition because of them I think. Some just sounded messy I think. The H&K and the tele don't sound good together IMO. It's not the tele.

but whatever...heavy is modern I guess.

dude, is that your HR in your avatar? what about those strats?

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Jul 27 2010, 10:07 AM)

Nope.

They're not playing "Xanadu" or "Passage to Bangkok," and so they don't need them. And when they don't need them, they're not going to break them out just for show. That would be style over substance, and that's not Rush.

They are friggin heavy too. So unless they need them. No dice.