I'm SICK! Just perfect!

The concert is coming up next Saturday, and I just got back from my vacation up north with a searing headache. It's been ongoing for nearly 3 days now, and it's the kind of pain in your eyebrows that makes your vision blurry and makes your head feel heavy.

I don't know what exactly triggered this... maybe weather changes perhaps? All I know is I do NOT wnat to feel this way next Saturday with the loud music and crazy light show!! How long does something like this stay with a person before easing away?

UGHH! Why me?!

Get thee to a physician, pronto! You might need a script for something, even a mild narcotic if nothing else works.

You cannot miss that show. no.gif

QUOTE (Mara @ Jul 10 2010, 09:26 PM)
Get thee to a physician, pronto! You might need a script for something, even a mild narcotic if nothing else works.
You cannot miss that show. no.gif

Oh there's no way in hell I'm missing it, especially since i'm not even THAT ill to begin with. I just feel....weir, with bits and pieces of pain once in awhile, but that's as far as it goes.

I just don't want my enjoyment of it to be reduced. But at least there is still another 7 days to recuperate. wacko.gif

QUOTE (Hemispheres89 @ Jul 10 2010, 08:47 PM)
The concert is coming up next Saturday, and I just got back from my vacation up north with a searing headache. It's been ongoing for nearly 3 days now, and it's the kind of pain in your eyebrows that makes your vision blurry and makes your head feel heavy.

I don't know what exactly triggered this... maybe weather changes perhaps? All I know is I do NOT wnat to feel this way next Saturday with the loud music and crazy light show!! How long does something like this stay with a person before easing away?

UGHH! Why me?!

Do you have bad allergies? Sinus issues? After reading you describe your symptoms, it sounds like how I felt a few days ago.

Sounds like a migraine. I just had a bad one about a month ago and missed three days of work because of it. sad.gif

Nothing works for me but going to the doctor and getting a shot for it. It works almost instantly. Your doc will probably also give you a prescription as well. I got Dolgic Plus, and it also helped tremendously. If you feel one coming on again, start taking whatever you've been prescribed BEFORE it becomes searing, and that can help ease the mind numbing pain.

good luck.

3 days is not bad, my wife has had them for up to 2 weeks and they are not migraines. They move from one side of the head to the other. Some times she can turn her head and hear a pop and boom a headache.. These are all spine and plate related for her.. She will have a small cool10.gif and it sure helps her... Some of the 2 week ones she gets a shot from the doc and that works, can't remember what it is.....

But bottom line you need to get check if this is a first for you, find out what the heck man...

Get well for that 2.gif Show... trink39.gif

Sounds like your allergic to Rush.

Your only hope is to sell your tickets and stay as far away from Rush as possible.

lol,

Seriously, If I had a headache for 3 days that I never had before, i would be getting my butt to see a Doctor.

HW

Went to the doctors and found out what the problem was. Apparently, it's not a glasses issue at all since I could read the entire eye chart all the way down to the bottom row, last letter.

He diagnosed it as a tension headache, but it's funny since I have never personally had a history of migraines - I was probably extremely stressed out last week, which is ironic because I was on holidays up north.. a time to relax! haha

I think it may have been due to when I first laid eyes on the setlist! rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

Kidding.

Anyways, I have ben prescribed something that is causing the pain to diminish quite a bit! Here's hoping for Saturday!

QUOTE (Hemispheres89 @ Jul 13 2010, 01:14 PM)
Went to the doctors and found out what the problem was. Apparently, it's not a glasses issue at all since I could read the entire eye chart all the way down to the bottom row, last letter.

He diagnosed it as a tension headache, but it's funny since I have never personally had a history of migraines - I was probably extremely stressed out last week, which is ironic because I was on holidays up north.. a time to relax! haha

I think it may have been due to when I first laid eyes on the setlist! rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

Kidding.

Anyways, I have ben prescribed something that is causing the pain to diminish quite a bit! Here's hoping for Saturday!

Hope you feel better in time for the show.

As a migraine sufferer, I have to point out that tension headache ≠ migraine.

Both bad, but not the same.

Anyhoodles, enjoy your show. smile.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jul 13 2010, 01:26 PM)

As a migraine sufferer, I have to point out that tension headache ≠ migraine.

Both are bad, but not the same.

Funny that you pointed this out, because I learned this right after I made my post. haha.

I am not prone to migraines, but I have had one before. With these, you get a glossy "shimmering" feeling in your eyes, and minutes laterr, it's agonizing pain all over your head. This can actually make you throw up.

Tension headaches aren't like that - there's no nausea, just an annoying "throb".

Because of this, I think I'll be ok enough to fully enjoy the show on Saturday even with all the lights flashing about. lol

I know how you feel about the sick thing.

Last fall i went to see Metallica for the first time, ive loved them ever since i was 8 but never got to see them, they finally came to Toronto, i was totally psyched up. Day of the show comes and i got this wicked cold, VERY sore throat and just felt blah.

I still went, still acted as if nothing was wrong, and PAID for it afterwards, but it was all worth it.

Luckily everyother concert (most importantly all 3 rush shows ive been too) ive felt 100%!

Hope you feel better come Saturday

QUOTE (Steve_888 @ Jul 14 2010, 10:25 AM)
I know how you feel about the sick thing.

Last fall i went to see Metallica for the first time, ive loved them ever since i was 8 but never got to see them, they finally came to Toronto, i was totally psyched up. Day of the show comes and i got this wicked cold, VERY sore throat and just felt blah.

I still went, still acted as if nothing was wrong, and PAID for it afterwards, but it was all worth it.

Luckily everyother concert (most importantly all 3 rush shows ive been too) ive felt 100%!

Hope you feel better come Saturday

I was at that Metallica show, it was th best concert I have ever been to.

3 more days!!! 1022.gif

QUOTE (vital signz @ Jul 11 2010, 07:47 AM)
Hey...

TRF friendly physician here...

Get to your PCP pronto. No HA should go on for three days. Something is wrong. History of migraines??? Mosquito bites? Tick bites?

Hurry!

"tick bites" !!!!

HEY NOW! angry.gif

atickhum.gif