Rush to play Sao Paulo on October 6th!

Synthetic

Good Morning,

I just received an email from the VP of our Brazilian division of my company and he has confirmed that Rush is booked for the football stadium on October 6th...

Time to schedule a meeting with my Brazilian counterparts...

QUOTE (Synthetic @ Jul 7 2010, 08:41 AM)
Good Morning,

I just received an email from the VP of our Brazilian division of my company and he has confirmed that Rush is booked for the football stadium on October 6th...

Looks like a video won't be shot in WPB now! Damn!

Good Morning,

I remember these same rumors during the last tour and it never happened. I'd be very surprised if they hit South America this tour. Maybe next year. Guess we'll see.

Good Morning,

Is there a serious chance you could go? What a deal that would be!

There is a serious chance, depending on the business climate with our Brazilian Division at that time. They were just here in the US recently so it may be a hard sell...

Fortunately when we go to Brazil, we always take one of the company jets so that is the ONLY way to travel on such a long trip...

QUOTE (Synthetic @ Jul 7 2010, 09:36 AM)
There is a serious chance, depending on the business climate with our Brazilian Division at that time. They were just here in the US recently so it may be a hard sell...

Fortunately when we go to Brazil, we always take one of the company jets so that is the ONLY way to travel on such a long trip...

"Gosh, I'm only mildly jealous," Merely Space says, as he crushes a coffee mug in his hand.

QUOTE (Merely Space @ Jul 7 2010, 10:11 AM)
QUOTE (Synthetic @ Jul 7 2010, 09:36 AM)
There is a serious chance, depending on the business climate with our Brazilian Division at that time.  They were just here in the US recently so it may be a hard sell...

"Gosh, I'm only mildly jealous," Merely Space says, as he crushes a coffee mug in his hand.

laugh.gif That got an audible chuckle outta me. Well done!

QUOTE (cygnus_thegodofbalance @ Jul 7 2010, 11:22 AM)
I was thinking, "Possible DVD?", but that would probably be redundant.

Agreed. It would be a bad idea to try to match the perfection of that audience. Anything less then that electricity level would cheapen that magical night, imo.

I always thought Red Rocks would be a good choice.

I would absolutely love a DVD with that crazy Sao Paulo crowd. They made Rush in Rio as much as the band did, and I would have no problem with it if they went back to that well. The guys said it themselves that the crowd pushed them onto a higher plane that night despite all the technical problems they had.

They wouldn't film in Brazil AGAIN would they? If they do, hopefully they'll record it a little better this time and maybe keep the crowd a little lower in the mix.

QUOTE (shaun3701 @ Jul 7 2010, 01:20 PM)
They wouldn't film in Brazil AGAIN would they? If they do, hopefully they'll record it a little better this time and maybe keep the crowd a little lower in the mix.

That would be one reason I'd be fine with them filming/recording in Brazil. They were so limited by the recording equipment they had in '04.

QUOTE (Mara @ Jul 7 2010, 12:47 PM)

That would be one reason I'd be fine with them filming/recording in Brazil. They were so limited by the recording equipment they had in '04.

you mean 02

QUOTE (shaun3701 @ Jul 7 2010, 01:58 PM)
QUOTE (Mara @ Jul 7 2010, 12:47 PM)

you mean 02

Thanks! wink.gif

QUOTE (Weatherman2112 @ Jul 7 2010, 10:21 AM)
I remember these same rumors during the last tour and it never happened. I'd be very surprised if they hit South America this tour. Maybe next year. Guess we'll see.

They already printed South America on this tour shirt, so it seems likely.

http://www.rushbackstage.com/rushbackstage...-print-tee.html

Edited by Nathan

The RUSH Time Machine Tour will hit Sao Paulo on October 8th at Morumbi Stadium and Rio de Janeiro on October 10th at Praca da Apoteose. Information about the ticket on-sales will be released shortly!

Info can be found at RUSH.COM

Edited by rush22112

QUOTE (farcryoverspilledmilk @ Jul 7 2010, 04:24 PM)
7 dates in South America to be announced by next week. Chile, Peru, Brazil. They are trying to nail down Argentina which is the delay in the announcement.

That would be fantastic if true for the South America fans. I remember before the S&A tour there were rumors of possible dates in Brazil/Argentina/Chile but it didn't happen because of stadium conflicts with the futbol (soccer) season.

QUOTE (Synthetic @ Jul 7 2010, 06:41 AM)
Good Morning,

Wow!

That's awesome!! 60,000 Rushheads jamming to Rush again!!

What the heck happened to Brazil in the World Cup?

confused13.gif

QUOTE (farcryoverspilledmilk @ Jul 7 2010, 05:24 PM)
7 dates in South America to be announced by next week. Chile, Peru, Brazil. They are trying to nail down Argentina which is the delay in the announcement.

ohmy.gif

QUOTE (Weatherman2112 @ Jul 7 2010, 11:17 PM)
Just for gits and shiggles I decided to check flight prices from NC. Amazing! It would only cost me $100 more to fly to Rio than it's costing me to fly to Vegas. And that's non-stop! wacko.gif

you'd be surprised at some of the cheap flights you'll find once in awhile. A few years ago I flew round trip LA to London for just over $500.

ok some help needed please. After watching RIR me and my mate have always talked about going to Brazil to see Rush if they play there in the future, and now it looks likely.

Only issues are that we are in the UK and if we were to book tickets, where would we buy them from and would they send them via airmail? Or would it be best to buy from a tout on the day as all the stadiums are standing.

2.gif