Any pictures of Neil's kit?

Outtalove

QUOTE (Outtalove @ Jun 24 2010, 10:42 AM)
Hello everyone, brand new here! Looking forward to a lot of good talk. Are there any photos of Neil's kit for the T.M. tour?

trink39.gif Welcome!

Don't have pictures of the kit, but we do have some of the cymbals if you look in the "Rush" section of the forum.

Ah, what the hey, I'll post the pic here:

http://i48.tinypic.com/23r8llc.jpg

I don't understand the need for people on here to claim "I have ---- and i'll tell you/let you see it on ---- date" Other than an ego trip of making people think you have something that you don't. Why bother to even say anything without proof, it's ridiculous. Just keep quiet and wait until that date and then post your knowledge or photos.

I hear what you are saying, folks. Of course, some of it is just "proud swagger out in school yard"...the taunting and trying to force me into "proving it". Yes, this is a Rush forum so it should be filled with intelligent and honest people. First off, I have nothing to "prove" to anyone and secondly - integrity - I've said it, you may take it that it is true. I would think that perhaps the smartest people are ones that have not chimed in - smart enough to realize the answers without having to be told.

Facts of the matter: the fact that a picture has not yet been released means that Neil wants it so - so I won't betray that until the day the tour starts and it will become common knowledge. As for the reason I posted the announcement here, that was supposed to be a kind heads-up to look for it here at that time.

Guys, I think this is one of the best pics of the kit (sort-of):

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs073.ash2/36966_401164551236_12125106236_4842394_4584963_n.jpg

It focuses mostly on the cymbals, but it's all set up already. You can see the bass drum has some sort of striped pattern ph34r.gif

Is it just me, or does it seem as though the boys have something special and a little different for this tour? The drums are obviously a not the same, the photos from Arrowsmith hint at some interesting things like the green tube, among other glimpses. I'm really looking forward to this one.

QUOTE (Outtalove @ Jun 26 2010, 05:15 PM)
Is it just me, or does it seem as though the boys have something special and a little different for this tour? The drums are obviously a not the same, the photos from Arrowsmith hint at some interesting things like the green tube, among other glimpses. I'm really looking forward to this one.

I sure hope so. As much As I love Rush, I really think it was time to shake up the live shows a bit. From what little I've seen so far it looks like they are doing that. The whole point of that would be to get people (especially the muti decade fans like me) more excited to see them again, and it's working on me!! trink39.gif common001.gif

Don't get me wrong. I'd go see them if they were doing the S&A tour all over again. yes.gif But I sure am ready to be blown away!

QUOTE (The Sphere @ Jun 26 2010, 10:59 AM)
I hear what you are saying, folks. Of course, some of it is just "proud swagger out in school yard"...the taunting and trying to force me into "proving it". Yes, this is a Rush forum so it should be filled with intelligent and honest people. First off, I have nothing to "prove" to anyone and secondly - integrity - I've said it, you may take it that it is true. I would think that perhaps the smartest people are ones that have not chimed in - smart enough to realize the answers without having to be told.
Facts of the matter: the fact that a picture has not yet been released means that Neil wants it so - so I won't betray that until the day the tour starts and it will become common knowledge. As for the reason I posted the announcement here, that was supposed to be a kind heads-up to look for it here at that time.

Well, I for one am willing to take your words on "faith", as it were - thanks for the heads up, I'll tune in on Tuesday morning (ie. I'll subscribe to this thread if this is where you'll be posting it LOL) biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Phantom @ Jun 27 2010, 10:13 AM)
I thought I'd read recently that Neil would be using the Snakes and Arrows kit for this tour.

He did use the S&A kit on the Caravan/BU2B recording if that's what you're thinking of?

***********************SPOILER POSSIBLE****************

Check out what someone over at RTF posted about Neil's new kit. I don't believe it for a second but I'll let you decide for yourself:

Never before has any drummer had a set created that will "change" as he plays, meaning when it is called for the "electronic" set will drop down, and up will come the tubular bells and so on. Get ready to see something you have never seen before

p.s. I have seen the new drums and the stage and the light set-up etc..I will leak nothing because it wouldn't be right...I got lucky and was at the right place at the right time...it is all spectacular!!

and tis!!!!

Is Neil getting experimental and frisky:) I call Bull****.

QUOTE (presto123 @ Jun 27 2010, 06:59 PM)

Check out what someone over at RTF posted about Neil's new kit. I don't believe it for a second but I'll let you decide for yourself:

Never before has any drummer had a set created that will "change" as he plays, meaning when it is called for the "electronic" set will drop down, and up will come the tubular bells and so on. Get ready to see something you have never seen before

p.s. I have seen the new drums and the stage and the light set-up etc..I will leak nothing because it wouldn't be right...I got lucky and was at the right place at the right time...it is all spectacular!!
and tis!!!!

I don't believe it for a second, but that would be super badass if that happens

QUOTE (Jake2112 @ Jun 27 2010, 07:01 PM)

and tis!!!!

Believe it - this set does some awesome stuff!

And yes, "bad ass" is a very appropriate description! yes.gif

QUOTE (FOH Lights @ Jun 27 2010, 07:43 PM)

and tis!!!!

Let me guess...............you have "inside" sources.......LOL!

QUOTE (presto123 @ Jun 27 2010, 07:46 PM)

and tis!!!!

Hey, we don't need to start this again eyesre4.gif From what FOH has said before, he's been right. On Tuesday, all will be revealed.

QUOTE (Jake2112 @ Jun 27 2010, 07:53 PM)
QUOTE (presto123 @ Jun 27 2010, 07:46 PM)

and tis!!!!

Hey, we don't need to start this again eyesre4.gif From what FOH has said before, he's been right. On Tuesday, all will be revealed.

After reading a lot of FOH Lights posts he does seem pretty knowledgeable. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now. But if he's wrong I'll let him have it:) Does he work for Rush or something? This tour just might be bad ass. LOL!! Sorry if I offended FOH. If you are wrong about this you lose your credibility. I thought Neil wrote in Roadshow that he would never bring all that bulky percussion back out when he can have it on pads? Maybe he's had a change of heart?