200 Tickets on Ebay

keakag

I know. People are gonna say I'm a whiner. But I have to get this off my chest. As of 5pm on May 8th 2010, there are roughly 200 ticket for the September 23rd show in San Antonio for sale on Ebay. Tickets went on sale to the general public at 10am CST. About seven hours ago.

I have been going to Rush concerts since 1992. I have never been able to get a seat closer than second level. I feel like this is due to many of these coveted tickets going to venders, brokers, & people wanting to take advantage of fans. SATickets has multiple set for sale right now on Ebay. How does this happen? Stub Hub will have tickets for sale at twice the face value. So will tickets.com.

My point is this: Every Rush fan I know would never sell a one of these tickets if they were able to get them. Period. So the people who are must have some kind of connection to be able to get these seats. How are they doing it?

Well, I got my tickets for the show. Second level, row 22. I'll have a great time....I always do! But I'll look down toward the front and say the same thing I've been saying for 20 years. "How do you get THOSE seats?"

Edited by keakag

I think most tickets were picked up during the presale. I have freinds in San Antonio and tried to get tickets for them. Nothing good came up at all. The lowers were all gone in less than a minute. Sucks!

Alot of the prime seats are going on the Ticketmaster auction and the VIP presales. I havent seen many really good seats in the general public sales. Keep checking back with TM closer to the concert, there is a good chance that some good seats will be released much closer to the date.

There were tickets on Ebay even before the presale had started. The day the presale started for the Premium packages, there were already premium tickets available for $ 800,--. For $ 1200,-- you could also buy a meet and greet, go figure!!!

QUOTE (LERXST69 @ May 9 2010, 01:45 PM)
There were tickets on Ebay even before the presale had started. The day the presale started for the Premium packages, there were already premium tickets available for $ 800,--. For $ 1200,-- you could also buy a meet and greet, go figure!!!

Well, just because someone posts it, doesn't mean it's true.

Maybe we should go back to the old days old.gif when there were no reserved seats. You could buy your tickets whenever, then who ever wants to sit up front shows up and waits in line to get in the door. The REAL fans will be showing up the earliest and waiting the longest in that case.

But in this world it's all about making a buck. ranton.gif

So the fans get the shaft.

whipgirl.gif where did she come from? I'd say let's send her after the scalpers but then they might like her. confused13.gif

Its all about the $$$$ for the vendor. I sat and waited all night for tickets to a rush show back in 80..yes 80 yes.gif I was able to pool the money my friends had given me and we ended up with front row seats for the PW tour that came through my town in Jan of 80 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

This year I went on line for the 2.gif fan club presale, I ended up with 1 ticket 7th row in the of the center section first level off the floor, an amazing ticket to have, so I have been told by my friends.

What happen to the first 19 rows on the floor? The were sold to the highest >bidders< yes I said bidders, on the venues website.....what a pisser.

I say make all tickets available to everyone at the same time so everyone can have the same chance at a front row seat.

Just my 2 cents

I didn't do too bad seat wise considering I couldn't pay the $300 price for the 1st 3 sections.

I went with the $100 price and got 3rd row of the section right behind the $300 seats. I could have gotten a seat in the last row of that $300 section but I saved $200 by sitting 3 rows behind that seat. I don't have that kind of money for a night out although to me this Rush show is not just a night out. Rush live is like a night not to be missed so I pawned something so I could go.

I'm just lucky I had a way to come up with the money.

I do have to say I was surprised that regular on line sale tickets were going for $300 when I thought you only paid prices like that to a scalper.

And I don't think meet & greets should go to the people who can pay more. I like contests where a real fan can go with empty pockets.

They are called Scalpers and they Suck

QUOTE (ALifeson85 @ May 10 2010, 03:34 PM)
I think ticket scalpers are right up there with the likes of Charles Manson and Hitler... rage.gif

Ah, good, I was wondering where I'd get my daily dose of hyperbole! biggrin.gif

Not to justify in any way their price gouging practices, but many of the venues sell "season tickets" for the best seats. These range from like $10K - $25K per year and they have those seats all year.

Of course the people who purchase these season tickets don't want to see every show and they are trying to recoup the cost of the annual seat price. I'm sure many of them don't see any of the shows and are just in it to make a profit.

That sucks for the real fans and I think they should do away with season tickets to concert venues because that automatically excludes most of the best seats from the true fans. Just sayin...

I had a boss once who had season tickets for the sporting events and didn't go to concerts so he would give me the concert seats. They were really bad seats. Way up in the nose bleeds. wtf.gif

I don't know what he paid but I started buying my own to get a better seat.

Now I used to be a member of a venue where I paid an annual fee for member only sales before the public and I always got within the 1st 3 rows.

That was well worth it. applaudit.gif

Of course I couldn't afford the fee anymore once I lost my job. fists crying.gif

Surely there can be a way to distribute tix to true fans. The fan club pre-sale has good intentions....but some 'fans' buy multiple tix to sell. In order for it to be almost foolproof, make all pre-sale ticket sales to 'fans' for will call pick-up at the place of event on the day of show only.

Back in the day, if you liked a band, you'd camp out for days to get a shot at the 1st few rows.....then came ticketmaster with multiple outlets in the same city. Still, you'd camp out for days and hope to get within the first 20 rows the first 45 seconds the tix went on sale.....then came ticketmaster ONLINE sales where any Tom, Dick, or Harry (in ANY part of the world) could be positioned in front of their computer with their pajamas on and compete for seats when they went on sale. These days, computer programs manipulate ticketmasters online ordering----snagging premium seats for multiple venues across the world-and they put them up for sale the same day. If people stop patronizing scalpers, believe me they will go away. But as long as there is money to be made, unscrupulous folks will find an edge.

Go to your venue the night of any major show and see how many hacks are trying to unload all those tix they are about to be stuck with. Instead of buying tickets to a popular MX race in vegas, I went down there and got 2 great seats for over half of face value. They'd rather get SOMETHING for them in the 11th hour! Jerks!

I got F3, row 17 on presale and I'm keeping them...would never think of selling them.

I'm pissed that the "industry" takes so much of the ticket pie...and that RUSH has had two years to come up with a solution...and has TRIED NOTHING.

There is blame to be passed around...but there should be NO REASON scalpers should be able to resell the seats.

Osage

Just checed ebay/Houston...some person has 6th row Pit for 2K. I asked him if he was a rush fan. Like he cares.

Osage

somebody on Frontrowtickets has 8 tickets on row 2 center floor. he is selling them for $1300 per. ???? WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE!?? Me & seven of my closest Rush friends would have the time of our lives yes.gif