RUSH Premium ticket prices aren't so bad

You thought RUSH Premium & VIP ticket package prices were bad?

Roger Waters/The Wall tour is selling VIP for $750, and Premium for $500 per ticket. And to that I say FU Roger you greedy prick, I hope The Wall falls on your head and crushes your skull! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (FootballYouBet @ May 4 2010, 01:55 PM)

Roger Waters/The Wall tour is selling VIP for $750, and Premium for $500 per ticket. And to that I say FU Roger you greedy prick, I hope The Wall falls on your head and crushes your skull! biggrin.gif

ditto beathorse.gif

Holy shit. Roger had better eat dinner with those ticket buyers AND let them sit in and play during sound check. Pink Floyd in their heyday? I can see it. Roger solo? Nuh-uh.

I'm not complaining at all about the Rush VIP price. The seat itself would have been $101 after all the trash fees. Then there's the DVD - figure, conservatively, $25-30 for that, at least at first release. Shirt - add another $25. Programs go for what, about $30 these days? The poster I'd estimate at around $20-$25 (I'm talking prices at the show). The Working Men CD at $15 (I don't need it but my husband will like), and of course the mini-CD with the 2 new songs - figure $10. So that's about another $130 worth of stuff, most of which I'd have bought anyway. No complaints here.

(BTW - I got 8th row Alex's side and the package in Atlanta was $285).

QUOTE (Ssmith2112 @ May 4 2010, 03:56 PM)
Ted Nugent is something like $600 for a meet and greet, ticket,
BUT... youget an 8X10 and you can bring 2 other items(max) for him to sign. WOO HOO  THERE is a deal if ya ask me...NOT

Ted Nugent would have to pay me to want to meet him. He is stoned, charging that much. Did he not get the memo that his career ended 30 years ago?

Anyone who pays 500 to 750 bucks for a VIP ticket is an idiot, plain and simple. http://www.thetick.ws/images/atickup.gif

Edited by tick

QUOTE (tick @ May 4 2010, 06:34 PM)
BUT... youget an 8X10 and you can bring 2 other items(max) for him to sign. WOO HOO  THERE is a deal if ya ask me...NOT

Ted Nugent would have to pay me to want to meet him. He is stoned, charging that much. Did he not get the memo that his career ended 30 years ago?

Anyone who pays 500 to 750 bucks for a VIP ticket is an idiot, plain and simple. http://www.thetick.ws/images/atickup.gif

I'd imagine that a lot of the people who are wanting to meet Ted are (these days, anyway) more interested in his politics than his music.

If it weren't for the NRA, his career would be as dead as a stump.

Roger Waters gives you Free booze yes.gif I think i can drink my fill before the night is done laugh.gif That being said, you are a f-n asshole if you pay that

QUOTE (metaldad @ May 4 2010, 08:52 PM)
Roger Waters gives you Free booze yes.gif I think i can drink my fill before the night is done laugh.gif That being said, you are a f-n asshole if you pay that

You can, using a loose estimate here, drink $500 worth of booze in the time it takes to attend a concert? I don't know whether to be impressed or give you a link to the AA website!

Then again, if we're talking the usual concession prices. . .

QUOTE (Mara @ May 4 2010, 09:07 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ May 4 2010, 08:52 PM)
Roger Waters gives you Free booze  yes.gif  I think i can drink my fill before the night is done laugh.gif  That being said, you are a f-n asshole if you pay that

You can, using a loose estimate here, drink $500 worth of booze in the time it takes to attend a concert? I don't know whether to be impressed or give you a link to the AA website!

Then again, if we're talking the usual concession prices. . .

laugh.gif The price they charge at Madison Square Garden ? confused13.gif

QUOTE (peoplecanteatmachinefood @ May 4 2010, 08:26 PM)
Forget the VIP and premium tickets. The regular ones are ridiculous themselves.

Right on! For Phillips Arena (Atlanta, GA) tickets range from $50-$250. I couldn't even pull up any $50 tickets on a search last night, and I think they're in the top sections. The $75 or whatever it is price range was up pretty high.

I might would do the $75 but I'd have to sell some of my "crap" (I call it collections, my wife calls it crap)! laugh.gif

QUOTE (tick @ May 4 2010, 11:34 PM)

No. For example, think about people outside US/Canada who may never get the chance to see Rush again, depending on where they may or may not tour in future. Some people live in countries where Rush have never toured and will never do so in future. If they can afford that price and want to do it, good luck to them. A VIP ticket is a viable option for them.

You pay what you are prepared to pay and what you can afford to pay. That's common sense, not idiocy.

Like someone else said, I don't think its idiocy if you can afford to pay for it. There's no way in hell I can pay for that being a 20 year old college student, but I'm fine with my modest tickets. If I had the money though, I'd certainly consider paying quite a bit of money for VIP tickets for Rush. They're the only, only, ONLY band I would consider doing that for. Infact, they're really the only band where I care very much about where I am....

Geddy's side, first 10 rows wub.gif That's always the objective. I made it last time, not going to make it this time. But my seats are decent and I didn't go broke. So I'm happy.

QUOTE (FootballYouBet @ May 4 2010, 01:55 PM)

Roger Waters/The Wall tour is selling VIP for $750, and Premium for $500 per ticket. And to that I say FU Roger you greedy prick, I hope The Wall falls on your head and crushes your skull!  biggrin.gif

I saw Roger Waters "Dark Side Of the Moon" tour a couple of years ago and it was one of the best shows I have ever seen. Unfortunately "The Wall" is my least favorite Floyd album so I wont be paying out of my ass to get good seats but I will pick up some decent ones just to experience it. As for Rush I would pay almost anything to see them especially front row. I was lucky enough to get front row for the last tour and for the R40 tour and it was an amazing feeling to be that close even if it cost me $600 a piece.

Edited by Oziumrules

Btw all, I signed up for Roger Waters website and fan club presale drawing(yes there was actually a drawing to actually be "selected" so that you could even participate in the fan club presale) and received an email today notifying me that I had been selected for the presale, a day AFTER I received an email telling me I had NOT been selected for the presale! Anyway I just scored awesome Roger Waters tickets through the fan club presale for a "better" price than the premium and VIP packages. $275 per ticket. $275 is certainly steep but The Wall is a once in a lifetime show and this might be Roger's last tour.

I'd have a hard time with Roger Waters The Wall... without Gilmour, it would be like having someone stand in for Geddy at a Rush gig. I saw Waters on his Radio Kaos tour eons ago and it was a great show... but I'd rather put on headphones and listed to "The Wall" as was intended.

I did buy the VIP Rush package and have no real complaint. No one forced me too.

QUOTE (fonzbear2000 @ May 6 2010, 02:58 PM)
Within the last 10 years, the best, NON-VIP Rolling Stones tickets were OVER $400!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're right, and I remember a couple of years back when the Stones came to Boston, a week before the show you could still get 10th row seats through Ticketmaster. They were like $500. It must've been a bit embarrassing for them playing before a not-so-full venue.

QUOTE (LedZep @ May 6 2010, 02:18 PM)
I'd have a hard time with Roger Waters The Wall... without Gilmour, it would be like having someone stand in for Geddy at a Rush gig. I saw Waters on his Radio Kaos tour eons ago and it was a great show... but I'd rather put on headphones and listed to "The Wall" as was intended.

I did buy the VIP Rush package and have no real complaint. No one forced me too.

I don't think you'd be saying this if you saw Roger's Dark Side of the Moon tour. David Kilminster did a fantastic job pretending to be Gilmore, and this is coming from me, a guy who's been playing guitar for 30 years who worships Gilmore's playing. Anyway, the guitar players on The Wall tour are Snowy White, Dave Kilminster, and G.E. Smith from SNL fame. And if you're into the show aspect of it all, there's going to be a 240ft wide by 35ft high Wall with puppets, inflatables, and a quadrophonic sound system.

QUOTE (FootballYouBet @ May 6 2010, 07:25 PM)
QUOTE (LedZep @ May 6 2010, 02:18 PM)

I don't think you'd be saying this if you saw Roger's Dark Side of the Moon tour. David Kilminster did a fantastic job pretending to be Gilmore, and this is coming from me, a guy who's been playing guitar for 30 years who worships Gilmore's playing. Anyway, the guitar players on The Wall tour are Snowy White, Dave Kilminster, and G.E. Smith from SNL fame. And if you're into the show aspect of it all, there's going to be a 240ft wide by 35ft high Wall with puppets, inflatables, and a quadrophonic sound system.

I'll give you that... and I do like Waters... but I would really miss Gilmour's vocals on too many of the songs. Simiarly, I felt the "Pink Floyd" shows without Roger (even though I really loved them) were lacking because of the missing vocals.

Would be nice if they could get along like adults and just do a real P.F. tour... of course, now Rick is gone.