A Ticketbastard Experience

limeloaf

angry.gif RUSH fans, I am extremely sad to announce that mass-corporating enterprises have ruined the way in which Rush truly connects with fans. The fans no longer have access to the seats that connect them personally with the band. I went onto Ticketmaster today to see what I could find for Jersey, and I didn't find anything better than the third-level. Mind you, I pulled up these tickets a total of 34 seconds after they went on sale.

I am not happy. I want tickets for Toronto and I doubt that I will find anything that will come close to my front row experience in Quebec City in 2007... I thought that Rush was the band that would never succomb to this. I wish they would put out a concerted effort to ensure that the true fans (US!) have access to the seats they deserve. We are the diehards, not the scalpers, ticketmaster and livenation.

I'm sorry for all of you across the border.. that would've been a very stressful situation.

sad.gif

Well, at least you have had your front-row experience. Most fans can't say the same.

But you won't get any argument from me about Ticketbastard. I hate them with the white-hot intensity of a thousand suns. If I knew for sure I could buy at the venue and get decent seats, I'd go that route and bypass TM. Unfortunately, taking that tack pretty much ensures lawn seats.

i had the same problem this morning i tried about 50 times and the best tickets that i got to come up was 201 row b.

i ended up going w/ the vip/premium tickets (got 101 row h)which i figured wasnt too shabby plus most of the "free"stuff that comes w/ it i can just sell on ebay and get some of that money back.

QUOTE (dethroned emperor @ Apr 17 2010, 02:40 PM)
i had the same problem this morning i tried about 50 times and the best tickets that i got to come up was 201 row b.

i ended up going w/ the vip/premium tickets (got 101 row h)which i figured wasnt too shabby plus most of the "free"stuff that comes w/ it i can just sell on ebay and get some of that money back.

You could also do like I did. I bought 4 additional tickets and plan to scalp them to make a bit of money. wink.gif

QUOTE (fonzbear2000 @ Apr 17 2010, 03:58 PM)

You could also do like I did. I bought 4 additional tickets and plan to scalp them to make a bit of money. wink.gif

DOUCHE angry.gif

Edited by Tarkus407

QUOTE (Tarkus407 @ Apr 17 2010, 05:46 PM)
QUOTE (fonzbear2000 @ Apr 17 2010, 03:58 PM)

DOUCHE angry.gif

angry.gif agreed

QUOTE (jonfiredaman02 @ Apr 17 2010, 06:47 PM)
Yeah, I couldn't get great seats either, at Jones Beach. The ENTIRE top price level of tickets seemed to just not be on sale at all. They can't possibly auction them ALL off, can they?

Nah, people like Fonzdumbass probably bought em all to make some extra cash dazed025.gif

QUOTE (Tarkus407 @ Apr 17 2010, 06:04 PM)
Yeah, I couldn't get great seats either, at Jones Beach. The ENTIRE top price level of tickets seemed to just not be on sale at all. They can't possibly auction them ALL off, can they?

Nah, people like Fonzdumbass probably bought em all to make some extra cash dazed025.gif

I bought 4 extra tickets to the MN. show. That's it. And I'm only marking up the price on each ticket $20 which isn't nearly as bad as the scalping sites do.

QUOTE (fonzbear2000 @ Apr 17 2010, 07:10 PM)

I bought 4 extra tickets to the MN. show. That's it. And I'm only marking up the price on each ticket $20 which isn't nearly as bad as the scalping sites do.

Yeah and that kept 4 people from getting a chance at those seats for face value. I'm sorry but that's ALWAYS pissed me off.

QUOTE (Tarkus407 @ Apr 17 2010, 06:49 PM)

Yeah and that kept 4 people from getting a chance at those seats for face value. I'm sorry but that's ALWAYS pissed me off.

In my defense, if it wasn't for the little bit of extra money I'm making, my mom and I wouldn't be able to afford to go. Sadly in these tough economic times, desperate times call for desperate measures. And it's not like I'm totally ripping people off by doubling the price or something like that. Also, compared to what the regular price for other locations are, it's not that bad. The best tickets for the MN. show are $70 while in New Jersey, they're $160. We can sit and argue this back and forth all day and night if you want, but I'm going to do it either way. smile.gif

I agree wholeheartedly. It's sad, really. Have you guys checked out stub hub and Ebay? The prices there are crazy. Like 4 grand for first row. And we can also blame the absence of decent seats on those VIP packages. I can only imagine how many seats within those 15 rows they take up. ph34r.gif

QUOTE (Echoes @ Apr 17 2010, 09:32 PM)
I agree wholeheartedly. It's sad, really. Have you guys checked out stub hub and Ebay? The prices there are crazy. Like 4 grand for first row. And we can also blame the absence of decent seats on those VIP packages. I can only imagine how many seats within those 15 rows they take up. ph34r.gif

Those prices on the broker sites will come down significantly, I bet, once the frenzy quiets down. People are still on the high of, "OMG, Rush is touring and I have to get a good seat NOWNOWNOW".

QUOTE (Mara @ Apr 17 2010, 09:56 PM)
I agree wholeheartedly. It's sad, really. Have you guys checked out stub hub and Ebay? The prices there are crazy. Like 4 grand for first row. And we can also blame the absence of decent seats on those VIP packages. I can only imagine how many seats within those 15 rows they take up.  ph34r.gif

Those prices on the broker sites will come down significantly, I bet, once the frenzy quiets down. People are still on the high of, "OMG, Rush is touring and I have to get a good seat NOWNOWNOW".

Those seats will be $200-$300 by the time the show rolls around smile.gif

QUOTE (fonzbear2000 @ Apr 17 2010, 04:59 PM)

In my defense, if it wasn't for the little bit of extra money I'm making, my mom and I wouldn't be able to afford to go. Sadly in these tough economic times, desperate times call for desperate measures. And it's not like I'm totally ripping people off by doubling the price or something like that. Also, compared to what the regular price for other locations are, it's not that bad. The best tickets for the MN. show are $70 while in New Jersey, they're $160. We can sit and argue this back and forth all day and night if you want, but I'm going to do it either way. smile.gif

then stay home.

angry.gif

QUOTE (umoveme @ Apr 18 2010, 11:54 AM)

then stay home.

angry.gif

I'll make you a deal fonz, if you sell those tickets to someone here who really needs for face value; i'll bake you a pan of Rush cupcakes and ship them to you. I'm not joking.

RUSH CUPCAKES wub.gif

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Apr 18 2010, 12:47 PM)
QUOTE (Mara @ Apr 17 2010, 09:56 PM)
I agree wholeheartedly. It's sad, really. Have you guys checked out stub hub and Ebay? The prices there are crazy. Like 4 grand for first row. And we can also blame the absence of decent seats on those VIP packages. I can only imagine how many seats within those 15 rows they take up.  ph34r.gif

Those seats will be $200-$300 by the time the show rolls around smile.gif

The day of the show (2008 S&A) I was offered 3rd row just off-center for $200. Unfortunately the offer came at a time when I couldn't even afford to pay attention.

Sit tight and be patient.

My friend who only has 5% of his vision left tried to get accessible seating for Red Rocks. We both tried during the pre-sale (which was on-line only) 13 hours after the sale was over we got a response from TM telling us the pre-sale was over. Yesterday from the 1st minute tix went on sale we were only pulling row 50 and up. Via phone they could not access handicapped seats. We ended with nothing for him. Yesterday there was row 1 on sale for $960 each.

Tomorrow I will contact the ADA office in Colorado and show them all the shit e-mails and that poachers seat info. It's very sad that someone legitimately handicapped cannot get seats!

QUOTE (umoveme @ Apr 18 2010, 11:54 AM)

then stay home.

angry.gif

Its the free market people get over it.

(Note: I only say that if it doesn't have an effect on me)