A Ticketbastard Experience

limeloaf

QUOTE (Mara @ Apr 18 2010, 01:00 PM)
QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Apr 18 2010, 12:47 PM)
QUOTE (Mara @ Apr 17 2010, 09:56 PM)
QUOTE (Echoes @ Apr 17 2010, 09:32 PM)
I agree wholeheartedly. It's sad, really. Have you guys checked out stub hub and Ebay? The prices there are crazy. Like 4 grand for first row. And we can also blame the absence of decent seats on those VIP packages. I can only imagine how many seats within those 15 rows they take up.  ph34r.gif

Those prices on the broker sites will come down significantly, I bet, once the frenzy quiets down. People are still on the high of, "OMG, Rush is touring and I have to get a good seat NOWNOWNOW".

Those seats will be $200-$300 by the time the show rolls around smile.gif

The day of the show (2008 S&A) I was offered 3rd row just off-center for $200. Unfortunately the offer came at a time when I couldn't even afford to pay attention.

Sit tight and be patient.

Scalping the tickets so I can afford to see them>>>>>>>>>>>>Rush cupcakes>>>>>>>>>>>>Not seeing Rush at all.

Thanks just the same though! smile.gif

QUOTE (limeloaf @ Apr 17 2010, 01:15 PM)
angry.gif RUSH fans, I am extremely sad to announce that mass-corporating enterprises have ruined the way in which Rush truly connects with fans. The fans no longer have access to the seats that connect them personally with the band. I went onto Ticketmaster today to see what I could find for Jersey, and I didn't find anything better than the third-level. Mind you, I pulled up these tickets a total of 34 seconds after they went on sale.

I am not happy. I want tickets for Toronto and I doubt that I will find anything that will come close to my front row experience in Quebec City in 2007... I thought that Rush was the band that would never succomb to this. I wish they would put out a concerted effort to ensure that the true fans (US!) have access to the seats they deserve. We are the diehards, not the scalpers, ticketmaster and livenation.

I'm sorry for all of you across the border.. that would've been a very stressful situation.

sad.gif

I believe RUSH has done something quite extraordinary with the VIP tickets.

In the past, brokers would hire people to wait in line and scoop up as many premium seats as they could. Then sell those seats at a 500%++ markup over face value.

The premium seats rows 1-15 are now available to Rush fans. The higher price and the will call pickup ensures that brokers won't buy them. This doesn't stop all the scalping, but it does curtail it a little.

I went online for Jones Beach right after they went on sale and found nothing--then, later in the morning, I went back and found some orchestra seats. Timing, I guess.

Also, if you start checking TM everyday about 2-3 weeks before the show, some great seats will become available. I've grabbed up awesome seats with this method--though I believe it's more common in the arena type venues than the amphitheaters.

I had the exact same experience. I was online at 10:00 on the dot, and after 1 minute of ticktmaster "searching" for the best seat, the best thing that came up was lawn tickets. How the hell do 5000+ seats sell out in less than a minute???

QUOTE (Mara @ Apr 17 2010, 01:54 PM)
Well, at least you have had your front-row experience. Most fans can't say the same.

But you won't get any argument from me about Ticketbastard. I hate them with the white-hot intensity of a thousand suns. If I knew for sure I could buy at the venue and get decent seats, I'd go that route and bypass TM. Unfortunately, taking that tack pretty much ensures lawn seats.

Yep...this is exactly it.

Ticketmaster has a stranglehold on the ticket-selling industry. I don't really think it's fair to put the blame on Rush.

Look around...it's the exact same for every other event, whether a concert or sporting event. Same thing...Ticketmaster has ruined what should be an unbelivable experience for all of the fans around the world who spend their hard-earned money to see the things they love LIVE. It is a pathetic and sad state of affairs, but unfortunately, the only way around it is to not go at all, which is in itself, both unfair and unjust.

But yeah, you should rejoice that you even had that chance to experience being in the FRONT ROW for a Rush concert. I have never, and probably will never be that lucky. You don't understand how much I would love that opportunity...it would mean alot to me personally.

QUOTE (exiled yorkie @ Apr 18 2010, 08:03 PM)
vip=rip off

yes.gif