American Idol 2010

rushgoober

After not watching the show for 3 or 4 years, the wife and I are back watching Idol.

I know, I know, I'm embarrassed for myself, but still it's a guilty pleasure. Hopefully there are some others here who are watching and courageous enough to admit it. tongue.gif unsure.gif

So, down to 7. I think the right people got kicked out last night - well, I would have preferred Aaron to Andrew, but neither of them were going to win anyway.

Siobhan who I was a big fan of for awhile has been kind of dwindling the last couple of weeks - I'd be fine if she went home soon.

Big Mike is very talented and has great stage presence, but I wouldn't mind if he left at some point too - there are more interesting people there.

I was so NOT a fan of Tim, but the guy can really sing, and he's actually got some talent to go along with that goofy smile. If he can keep it up, he'll go a lot farther than I thought he would, though hopefully not all the way.

That leaves Lee, Casey & Crystal, who I think are the most consistent and talented. While any of them would be worthy winners, my favorite by far is Crystal - that girl is crazy talented and it's always a pleasure to see her. Considering it was supposed to be the girl's year, she's the only one who could make it to the end, and hopefully she will.

My 2nd fave would be Casey - even though he doesn't always pick the most adventurous material, he's a great singer and guitar player.

Lee possibly has the most commercial potential - I don't enjoy him as much as Crystal and Casey, but he's still great. Crystal Bowersox all the way! yes.gif

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is Crystal, and then there is everybody else.

"goofy smile" laugh.gif

I hear ya on that one! I just want to smack that smile off his face. atickhum.gif

Regarding the judges:

1. Yo, yo dog, so check this out: Randy is still Randy.

2. Simon is still Simon and the one whose opinion still seems to hold the most weight no matter how unlikable he can be - maybe it's his insane smug confidence. Even though he can still be ridiculously harsh and obnoxious, it's hard to imagine the show without him. I can't imagine who they could find to replace him next year.

3. Kara - I never saw her before this year, but I really like her. She's a tiny bit loopy, but nowhere near as much as Paula was (ugh), and she's a welcome addition.

4. Ellen - I was initially not impressed by her as she seemed to be more a music fan than any kind of expert, but after the first 2-3 weeks she really hit her stride, and now I think she's awesome. She can be really, really funny, and I usually like what she has to say. Sometimes she can be a bit "everyone is great" like Paula was, but she's also shown she can really not like someones performance and express it as well.

All in all, I think it's a great combination. Too bad it will only last one year.

P.S. - Ryan Seacrest does a great job. Yeah, he has way too high an opinion of himself, often goes too far and can definitely get on my nerves, but he thinks well on his feet, keeps things moving and he seems to genuinely care about the contestants - maybe that's just for show, but it seems pretty genuine.

Edited by rushgoober

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Apr 15 2010, 03:21 PM)
After not watching the show for 3 or 4 years, the wife and I are back watching Idol.

I know, I know, I'm embarrassed for myself, but still it's a guilty pleasure.  Hopefully there are some others here who are watching and courageous enough to admit it. tongue.gif unsure.gif

So, down to 7.  I think the right people got kicked out last night - well, I would have preferred Aaron to Andrew, but neither of them were going to win anyway. 

Siobhan who I was a big fan of for awhile has been kind of dwindling the last couple of weeks - I'd be fine if she went home soon. 

Big Mike is very talented and has great stage presence, but I wouldn't mind if he left at some point too - there are more interesting people there. 

I was so NOT a fan of Tim, but the guy can really sing, and he's actually got some talent to go along with that goofy smile.  If he can keep it up, he'll go a lot farther than I thought he would, though hopefully not all the way.

That leaves Lee, Casey & Crystal, who I think are the most consistent and talented.  While any of them would be worthy winners, my favorite by far is Crystal - that girl is crazy talented and it's always a pleasure to see her.  Considering it was supposed to be the girl's year, she's the only one who could make it to the end, and hopefully she will. 

My 2nd fave would be Casey - even though he doesn't always pick the most adventurous material, he's a great singer and guitar player. 

Lee possibly has the most commercial potential - I don't enjoy him as much as Crystal and Casey, but he's still great.  Crystal Bowersox all the way! yes.gif

I've been watching the show ever since it started, but I have to say, this may be the last season I'll be watching..I mean once Simon leaves, it just won't be the same, will it??

Oh, and I'm rooting for Casey all the way, and now Crystal is starting to grow on me!

Edited by PanaceaFish

QUOTE (PanaceaFish @ Apr 15 2010, 12:38 PM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Apr 15 2010, 03:21 PM)

I know, I know, I'm embarrassed for myself, but still it's a guilty pleasure.  Hopefully there are some others here who are watching and courageous enough to admit it. tongue.gif unsure.gif

So, down to 7.  I think the right people got kicked out last night - well, I would have preferred Aaron to Andrew, but neither of them were going to win anyway. 

I was so NOT a fan of Tim, but the guy can really sing, and he's actually got some talent to go along with that goofy smile.  If he can keep it up, he'll go a lot farther than I thought he would, though hopefully not all the way.

That leaves Lee, Casey & Crystal, who I think are the most consistent and talented.  While any of them would be worthy winners, my favorite by far is Crystal - that girl is crazy talented and it's always a pleasure to see her.  Considering it was supposed to be the girl's year, she's the only one who could make it to the end, and hopefully she will. 

Lee possibly has the most commercial potential - I don't enjoy him as much as Crystal and Casey, but he's still great.  Crystal Bowersox all the way! yes.gif

I've been watching the show ever since it started, but I have to say, this may be the last season I'll be watching..I mean once Simon leaves, it just won't be the same, will it??

Oh, and I'm rooting for Casey all the way, and now Crystal is starting to grow on me!

One thing that history has shown though with this show - you don't have to be the winner to still have a successful career, and being the winner is no guarantee of a long successful career *cough* Taylor Hicks *cough*.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Apr 15 2010, 02:59 PM)
QUOTE (MULTIPLIED REACTION @ Apr 15 2010, 12:55 PM)
062802puke_prv.gif  062802puke_prv.gif  062802puke_prv.gif  062802puke_prv.gif  062802puke_prv.gif  062802puke_prv.gif  062802puke_prv.gif  062802puke_prv.gif  062802puke_prv.gif  062802puke_prv.gif  062802puke_prv.gif  062802puke_prv.gif  062802puke_prv.gif  062802puke_prv.gif  062802puke_prv.gif  062802puke_prv.gif  062802puke_prv.gif  062802puke_prv.gif  062802puke_prv.gif  062802puke_prv.gif  062802puke_prv.gif  062802puke_prv.gif  062802puke_prv.gif  062802puke_prv.gif  062802puke_prv.gif  062802puke_prv.gif  062802puke_prv.gif  062802puke_prv.gif  062802puke_prv.gif  062802puke_prv.gif  062802puke_prv.gif  062802puke_prv.gif  062802puke_prv.gif  062802puke_prv.gif  062802puke_prv.gif  062802puke_prv.gif  062802puke_prv.gif  062802puke_prv.gif  062802puke_prv.gif  062802puke_prv.gif  062802puke_prv.gif  062802puke_prv.gif

Darrell, dude, no need to sugarcoat it - tell us how you REALLY feel. yes.gif tongue.gif moon.gif

Ok, the show is the biggest piece of sh*t ever! yes.gif I hear there is some dork with a radio show. Maybe i should give that a listen and see if that is better. tongue.gif moon.gif

Ryan Seacrest should be beat with a baseball bat full of rusty nails.

QUOTE (MULTIPLIED REACTION @ Apr 15 2010, 03:15 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Apr 15 2010, 03:11 PM)

Why stop there? Beat the whole cast to a pulp. laugh.gif

First i would do that chick Kira ? is that her name laugh.gif Then kill all of them

QUOTE (metaldad @ Apr 15 2010, 01:18 PM)

First i would do that chick Kira ? is that her name laugh.gif Then kill all of them

it's Kara. Same as my daughter. eh.gif

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Apr 15 2010, 05:03 PM)

First i would do that chick Kira ? is that her name laugh.gif  Then kill all of them

I am sure your little girl has more brains then that moron trink39.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Apr 15 2010, 06:22 PM)
QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Apr 15 2010, 05:03 PM)

First i would do that chick Kira ? is that her name laugh.gif  Then kill all of them

I am sure your little girl has more brains then that moron trink39.gif

laugh.gif trink39.gif

I really hope this show dies a sudden and violent death, and soon. I'm sick of it screwing up the entire network viewing schedule every spring. No one wants to go up against this piece of shit show, so all the other networks put new episodes of their regularly scheduled programs on hiatus until the latest popturd is finally chosen.

Third week with no new NCIS. angry.gif angry.gif angry.gif angry.gif angry.gif angry.gif moon.gif

QUOTE (MULTIPLIED REACTION @ Apr 15 2010, 04:15 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Apr 15 2010, 03:11 PM)

Why stop there? Beat the whole cast to a pulp. laugh.gif

And the producers, and anyone who finances this crap.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Apr 15 2010, 12:21 PM)

You mean Crystal Blows2cox.

QUOTE (umoveme @ Apr 20 2010, 11:20 PM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Apr 15 2010, 12:21 PM)

You mean Crystal Blows2cox.

^^^^^^^^^ oh shit excellent post

as Simon would say Best post of the evening (or ever for an AI thread!)

Well for those who actually watch it or care, was Crystal Bowersox amazing tonight, or what? She really deserves to go all the way with this thing. She's someone whose album I would consider buying, and that says a lot coming from me.