Capt. Phil Harris Passed Away

PhilCastro

Aw, that's sad. RIP, Captain Phil.

rose.gif

I was really sad to hear about this. sad.gif I love Deadliest Catch, and I remember maybe a couple of seasons ago when he got really, really sick. So, when I saw the blurb on cnn.com "Deadliest Catch Capt. Dies," I knew it was him.

Rest in Peace, Capt. Phil. rose.gif

Time to re-activate this thread.

Tonight was the night we all knew would come but have worried how Discovery would treat it.

I think they treated the whole event with proper class and care. After the Catch was devoted solely to Phil and how everyone who knew him best remembered him.

*spoilers*

Ending After the Catch with an old fashioned New Orleans funeral procession for Capt Phil was a great touch.

Not trying to be morbid, but what happened between the time he was on the phone, explaining how the blood clot traveled through his lung to him being bed ridden? Did he have a stroke at the hospital? Did he have surgery that caused a problem? Edited by umoveme

QUOTE (umoveme @ Jul 14 2010, 12:15 PM)
Not trying to be morbid, but what happened between the time he was on the phone, explaining how the blood clot traveled through his lung to him being bed ridden? Did he have a stroke at the hospital? Did he have surgery that caused a problem?

the blood clot thing was from last season. There is probably a relation to his death, but he was seemingly getting better. He had a stroke on the boat while they were unloading crab a few episodes ago that put him in the hospital. I think he had several mini-strokes until he finally passed away.