Favorite Twilight Zone episode?

Mara

I DVR'd the entire Twilight Zone marathon that SyFy showed on New Year's. I'm working my way through them as I work out, watching 3-4 in a block.

So I started wondering which ones were everyone's favorites? "To Serve Man" is definitely a classic, as is "Time Enough At Last." Probably the latter is my favorite. I have not seen every single episode, though, so perhaps I'll find a gem in there somewhere.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (alphseeker @ Jan 4 2010, 10:06 AM)
The Eye of the Beholder - Ugly woman who is really beautiful -

Excellent one !

I love the one with Burgess Merideth when he wishes to be all alone with his books, and in the end, it gets his wish then drops his glasses and steps on them by accident.

I also love the one where the guy replaces all his employees with computers, and in the end he losses his mind from no human contact. That episode is eerily surreal.

The Twilight Show is just brilliant. I love it ! 1022.gif

Edited by tick

QUOTE (tick @ Jan 4 2010, 10:33 AM)
QUOTE (alphseeker @ Jan 4 2010, 10:06 AM)
The Eye of the Beholder - Ugly woman who is really beautiful -

Excellent one !

I love the one with Burgess Merideth when he wishes to be all alone with his books, and in the end, it gets his wish then drops his glasses and steps on them by accident.

I also love the one where the guy replaces all his employees with computers, and in the end he losses his mind from no human contact. That episode is eerily surreal.

The Twilight Show is just brilliant. I love it ! 1022.gif

That's the one I referred to earlier - "Time Enough At Last"!

And I cannot remember the title of it, but I also like the one where the guy's spaceship crashes into another planet (Mars?) and finds it populated with what appear to be fellow human beings. They are extremely hospitable and build him an exact replica of his home on earth to stay in while he's there. Right down to the Scotch he drinks.

I won't give the ending away. wink.gif

Edited by Mara

QUOTE (Mara @ Jan 4 2010, 09:41 AM)
QUOTE (tick @ Jan 4 2010, 10:33 AM)

That's the one I referred to earlier - "Time Enough At Last"!

My fave as well. A classic tragedy.

QUOTE (Mara @ Jan 4 2010, 10:41 AM)
And I cannot remember the title of it, but I also like the one where the guy's spaceship crashes into another planet (Mars?) and finds it populated with what appear to be fellow human beings.  They are extremely hospitable and build him an exact replica of his home on earth to stay in while he's there.  Right down to the Scotch he drinks. 

I won't give the ending away.  wink.gif

"People Are Alike All Over" A great one indeed!

"Probe 7, Over and Out" and "The Midnight Sun" are two of my favorites.

I like all the classics, as well as "Walking Distance" - the most personal thing Serling ever wrote.

I liked Jack Klugman's thing where he's the pool player.

I saw an awesome episode just once, where Russell Johnson (the professor from Gilligan's Island) is a time-traveler attempting to stop the Lincoln assassination.

Others....

Rod Serling was a genius.

just a few off the top of my head...

Nick of Time - William Shatner becomes obsessed with a fortune telling machine

Shadow Play - Guy gets sent to the electric chair over and over again, and tries to convince everyone else that they're really in his dream.

Will the Real Martian Please Stand Up - Which character is really an alien?

( Beneath his hat the strangeness lies

Take it off, he's got three eyes cool.gif )

Five Characters in Search of an Exit - An army Major, a ballerina, a bagpiper, a tramp and a clown all wake up in a weird room.

Nothing in the Dark - An old woman helps out a wounded Robert Redford, but he's not all he seems

The New Exhibit - wax works of famous murderers come to life (this one gave me nightmares as a kid ohmy.gif )

Nightmare at 20,000 Feet- William Shatner (again) sees a monster on the wing of the plane.

QUOTE (Your_Lion @ Jan 4 2010, 01:19 PM)
Will the Real Martian Please Stand Up - Which character is really an alien?

"Is this a diner or a gestapo headquarters?" laugh.gif

QUOTE (GrandDesigner @ Jan 4 2010, 09:03 AM)
I like the one where the guy wakes up, and he's the same - but everyone else is different!

Didn't they say that from a Seinfield episode? ( George & Jerry- "There all like that!") laugh.gif

"My name is talking Tina and I'm going to....."

I wont give it away, but that one stands out among many others already listed.

Maybe I'm just getting old, but where is this kind of amazing creativity today? No over the top violence, just amazing stories..

"Real men of Genius..."

We salute you Mr. Twilight Zone creator....Rod Serling

Edited by GeddyRulz

The one where the aliens come to earth and claim to want to help mankind, but really want to serve them for dinner.

" To serve man" i think its called. They give them a book with alien language called To serve man, thinking they are here to help us. And when they finally decode the message, its to late.

I also like the one where the neighborhood thinks one of them is an alien.

One i caught last night was the guy who took the youth serum and became a kid again, and his bitch wife then had to take care of him.

Did anyone mention the mask one?...where the guy whos dying gives his kids masks that represent their personalities , and after they take them off, the masks gross image is permanent.

Great topic!...I love this show. So ahead of its time.

QUOTE (Xanadoood @ Jan 4 2010, 04:24 PM)
The one where the aliens come to earth and claim to want to help mankind, but really want to serve them for dinner.

" To serve man" i think its called. They give them a book with alien language called To serve man, thinking they are here to help us. And when they finally decode the message, its to late.

"It's a cookbook!" ohmy.gif scared.gif

Almost as famous an ending as "Soylent Green is people! It's people!!"

laugh.gif

I think that was the very first one, or ONE OF the very first ones.

Did anyone mention the mask one?...where the guy whos dying gives his kids masks that represent their personalities , and after they take them off, the masks gross image is permanent.

Were they all his kids? Relatives, anyway. And they were all greedy and hoping for a big cut from his will.

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Jan 4 2010, 04:57 PM)
QUOTE (Xanadoood @ Jan 4 2010, 04:24 PM)

" To serve man" i think its called. They give them a book with alien language called  To serve man, thinking they are here to help us. And when they finally decode the message, its to late.

"It's a cookbook!" ohmy.gif scared.gif

Almost as famous an ending as "Soylent Green is people! It's people!!"

laugh.gif

I think that was the very first one, or ONE OF the very first ones.

Were they all his kids? Relatives, anyway. And they were all greedy and hoping for a big cut from his will.

yes.gif

They were all snot nosed relatives. looking for the big pay day after he died.

Edited by Xanadoood

The one where the guy is serving his prison sentance on another planet. They give him a woman robot for companionship, and soon after, his sentence is turned around , giving him the chance to return to earth. But hes fallen in love with the robot chik. And they dont have enough room on the ship for her. So he wants to stay and live out his life with the robot.

How bout the one where the spaceship lands on the roof of some womans house, and she ends up destroying it, only to find that its an American ship.No dialogue in this one.

I don't remember exactly what it was about, but last time I saw an episode of The Twilight Zone it was one where a movie star ends up in a parallel universe when she saves her hometown from a plane accident by inviting then all to her concert. Ironically enough, she never shows up to the concert and it turns out that she somehow ended up being on the plane that crashed.

Also, theres the one with the old man who discovers the fountain of youth by playing "Kick the Can".

And the one with the guy who ends up being the last man on earth. He finally finds he can make peace with his lonliness in reading books but then breaks his glasses.

The humans who land on a planet where the alien is a giant little kid...

and so many more that I'm sure I'm forgetting....