Just a question from a guy

Sark

I was just wondering why is it that when I had a girlfriend I was hit on several times during the course of our relationship ( about 8 different times during the course of 3 years.) It's been almost 2 years since we broke up, and now if I ask someone out it's like I asked them to donate a kidney. I never cheated on my girlfriend and I see so many guys that treat the women they are with like crap. I just want to know why nice guys are always last.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Sark @ Nov 24 2009, 10:38 AM)
I was just wondering why is it that when I had a girlfriend I was hit on several times during the course of our relationship ( about 8 different times during the course of 3 years.) It's been almost 2 years since we broke up, and now if I ask someone out it's like I asked them to donate a kidney. I never cheated on my girlfriend and I see so many guys that treat the women they are with like crap. I just want to know why nice guys are always last.

Ok, a dudes perspective. Its almost like women love what they can't have more then the nice guy they can. If you have a girlfriend, your a challenge. You give off a certain aura. It always happened to me when I was attached. When your single, its like women want nothing to do with you. Like your pathetic or something ?

Women are clueless, they always want either the bad boy, who will treat them like shit, or they want the good looking white collar guy who plays them because he constantly cheats on them.

The nice genuine blue collar hard working man is the best catch ladies. He will appreciate you more, and works too f***ing hard to have any time to cheat on you.

Good luck Sark ! trink39.gif

QUOTE (tick @ Nov 24 2009, 09:56 AM)
The nice genuine blue collar hard working man is the best catch ladies. He will appreciate you more, and works too f***ing hard to have any time to cheat on you.

This is what I have and I'm not complaining wink.gif wub.gif

The less available you are, the more they want you.

QUOTE (edie @ Nov 24 2009, 02:16 PM)

Ding !

QUOTE (edie @ Nov 24 2009, 10:16 AM)

Why is that excactly? To me, this makes absolutely no sense!

QUOTE (JimboGames @ Nov 24 2009, 01:32 PM)
I hear they have dating websites. eHarmony?

Tried it. Total rip-off.

QUOTE (Sark @ Nov 25 2009, 10:30 AM)

Women are evil ? confused13.gif

tongue.gif

bolt.gif

QUOTE (Sark @ Nov 25 2009, 10:31 AM)

Tried it. Total rip-off.

I'd be interested to hear why you feel this way ?

QUOTE (tick @ Nov 25 2009, 06:37 AM)
QUOTE (Sark @ Nov 25 2009, 10:31 AM)

Tried it. Total rip-off.

I'd be interested to hear why you feel this way ?

Tried many times to get in contact with "matches". They ended up being dead-ends or ficticious. That is after waiting for e- harmony to find me "matchable". I know I could keep trying, but it's jaded me to their services.

QUOTE (tick @ Nov 25 2009, 03:36 PM)
QUOTE (Sark @ Nov 25 2009, 10:30 AM)

Women are evil ? confused13.gif

tongue.gif

bolt.gif

Well there is that, of course tongue.gif , but it works both ways in my experience.

Everyone has a tendency to want what they can't have, and if they get it, it is somehow less appealing. Works for many things, not just relationships.

I didn't say it made sense!

Other than Edie...It's all dudes responding to this. laugh.gif

And what the hell...I'll throw my 2 cents in. I found out later in life, the sexiest thing to a woman is self confidence. Act like you are not interested, and then you become a challenge. wink.gif

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Nov 25 2009, 01:40 PM)
Other than Edie...It's all dudes responding to this. laugh.gif

And what the hell...I'll throw my 2 cents in. I found out later in life, the sexiest thing to a woman is self confidence. Act like you are not interested, and then you become a challenge. wink.gif

That could work but first you can't have a face like mine. I mean seriously, I look like Toews in that picture. laugh.gif

QUOTE (Rolinda Bonz @ Nov 25 2009, 07:02 PM)
one chick's opinion...

men are more relaxed around women that are not potential girlfriends confused13.gif

when a man's not concerned with trying to impress a woman,
he's casual, confident, respectful, open, honest, etc. that's attractive. yes.gif

Excatly my point. I'm not out to impress or come on with some cheesy line. I just say I would like to get to know you better, perhaps over dinner. If that is coming on like some macho idiot, then I give up.

QUOTE (Sark @ Nov 26 2009, 09:44 AM)
Excatly my point. I'm not out to impress or come on with some cheesy line. I just say I would like to get to know you better, perhaps over dinner. If that is coming on like some macho idiot, then I give up.

Nothing wrong with that at all. Actually, I think it's probably one of the best ways to not be an idiot. I certainly would say yes! Cheesy lines make me run for the hills tongue.gif

QUOTE (Sark @ Nov 26 2009, 11:44 PM)
QUOTE (Rolinda Bonz @ Nov 25 2009, 07:02 PM)
one chick's opinion...

men are more relaxed around women that are not potential girlfriends confused13.gif

he's casual, confident, respectful, open, honest, etc.  that's attractive. yes.gif

I reckon you're just having a dry spell Sark. Everyone does...at least those that try that is.

As far as I'm concerned, TIMING is at least 50% of the game. It doesn't matter how cool, respectful, funny, or how much dough you have, if they're not in the mood to let you in AT THAT PARTICULAR TIME (for whatever reason) then you have no chance anyways. Things like women wanting the bad boy is definitely not 100%. If that were the case then no nice guys would EVER win and that's just not true. Timing seems to be the one constant. And it means that you should just keep doing your thang because you never know what'll happen next. trink39.gif

In regards to the idea that people seem more desirable because they're taken...whether that's true or not doesn't matter too much since you have no control over it. So it's better to focus on something else.

common001.gif That's the way that lady luck dances common001.gif

QUOTE (Rolinda Bonz @ Nov 25 2009, 10:02 PM)
one chick's opinion...

he's casual, confident, respectful, open, honest, etc. that's attractive. yes.gif

Exactly, Rols. The key is being yourself yes.gif

I found that this works both ways. (I didn't marry till 35, and prior to that I was pretty much a "serial monogamist", with 4 relationships lasting 3+ years).

If I wasn't seeing anyone, no guy gave me a second look. But if I was "taken", I usually couldn't beat them back with a stick. Strange indeed. I guess there is some kind of near-imperceptible vibe there.

Sometimes I think people of both sexes have to go through that "badass" phase of dating someone who's a challenge. Then you truly appreciate the good ones.

QUOTE (Queen of Megadon @ Nov 25 2009, 10:05 PM)
QUOTE (Rolinda Bonz @ Nov 25 2009, 11:02 PM)
one chick's opinion...

he's casual, confident, respectful, open, honest, etc.  that's attractive. yes.gif

goodpost.gif

...and shall we add that if a man is relaxed woman are also.

When you stop looking, stop caring and just go with the flow....BAM....