Star Wars

Slacker

I thought Phantom Menace was good, AOTC had it's moments, but ROTS will be incredible...if there's no Jar-Jar. I mean come on there's Wookies in it so it has to be ok! laugh.gif

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Apr 18 2005, 04:48 PM)
QUOTE (kazzman @ Apr 17 2005, 09:55 PM)
not really

laugh.gif Same here. But I'll go see it because I'm a big sucker. I'm still expecting it to be awful, though.

laugh.gif Even though I want to see this one, I liked all of the old ones a lot better. Even though they were made so long ago, they were amazing. Just goes to show that special effects don't always make for a good flick.

How To Serve Ewok

http://triggur.org/ewok/deadewok.jpg

1 Get your ass to Endor. Be sure to bring serious firepower-- these little buggers are tenacious!

2 Wear good green forest camouflage, not day-glow white StormTrooper armor, or you're a sitting duck.

3 Set up a trap. Lie in wait in a hidden blind. Bait your Ewok with chum, a candy bar, a human head-- something sure to attract a hungry little furball.

4 Unload every round you've got into the sucker! They're TOUGH! Why, in a recent battle with the Empire, they beat an entire garrison and only lost a single Ewok! Be careful not to damage the tender flanks.

5 Remove any greasy, unsavory rags it may be wearing. Burn the fur off. Gut your prize! Keep the heart and liver, and take the head as your trophy. Seal the head in carbonite if available. Carefully cut your flank steaks!

6 Slap those steaks on the plasma grill and cook thoroughly-- raw Ewok is poisonous! Slather on the A1 sauce, garnish with Hutt-butter, and invite an Alderaanian to dinner!

QUOTE (NeilPeartFan2112 @ Apr 19 2005, 01:10 PM)
not really

laugh.gif Same here. But I'll go see it because I'm a big sucker. I'm still expecting it to be awful, though.

laugh.gif Even though I want to see this one, I liked all of the old ones a lot better. Even though they were made so long ago, they were amazing. Just goes to show that special effects don't always make for a good flick.

That is my issue with the latest trilogy....the last 3 movies (including ROTS) are supposed to happen chronologically before the original triology yet the special effects in the new ones is so far superior to the older movies that it seems totally out of whack for me and doesn't flow properly....

QUOTE (neilpeart_gal @ Apr 20 2005, 12:00 PM)
EXACTLY! Its like stop showing off what you can do effects wise and just give me a damn good story. That's all I ask for.

Ditto that! yes.gif

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Apr 20 2005, 08:51 AM)
QUOTE (NeilPeartFan2112 @ Apr 19 2005, 01:10 PM)
not really

That is my issue with the latest trilogy....the last 3 movies (including ROTS) are supposed to happen chronologically before the original triology yet the special effects in the new ones is so far superior to the older movies that it seems totally out of whack for me and doesn't flow properly....

I hear you. It just seems weird. laugh.gif

I think you will all be thrilled with rots. I have already read the book and this one will be better by far then any other to have come out.the reason I believe george lucas waited until later to do the first trilogy was because the special effects at that time was good enough to do the second trilogy first. btw I applaudit.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif drool1.gif applaudit.gif liked jar jar binks he cracked me up everytime I saw him.not to give anything away I don't remember his name mentioned.so I think you all are saved from jar jar binks.can't wait for may 19 and may the force be with you common001.gif applaudit.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

For all you spoiler fans, Kevin Smith has written a glowing review of rots which you can read on his website: www.viewaskew.com.

I'm avoiding as many reviews, rumors, and gossip as possible, but his intro blurb has me excited:

""Revenge of the Sith" is, quite simply, f****ng awesome. This is the "Star Wars" prequel the haters have been bitching for since "Menace" came out, and if they don't cop to that when they finally see it, they're lying."

1022.gif

I remain cautiously optimistic, expecting the worst and hoping for the best.

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Apr 27 2005, 12:19 PM)
I remain cautiously optimistic, expecting the worst and hoping for the best.

Same here, but I am more optimistic about this one than I was about Attack of the Clones. Let me explain:

On the one hand, a part of me says, "Pedro (if that's your real name), you enjoyed Star Wars IV and V (and to a lesser extent VI) so much, that you always look forward to another Star Wars movie. You were incredibly dissapointed in Phantom Menace and thought Attack of the Clones was only mediocre. Why get your hopes up again?"

But then I got to thinking (yes, I know, you all can smell the wood burning), one of the things that people looked forward to in the prequels was the continuity of the story, to learn about these great heros and villians that came to be in the original movies. The main problem in PM and AotC (aside from Jar-Jar), is that there is no connect with the classics. There is a ton of politics and characters that are completely unfamiliar. That is why I have hope that RotS may actually be the best one ever. It basically will give us everything we wanted to know.. how Luke's father became Vader, how the Republic became the Empire, the story of luke and leiah being split up at birth, etc... In addition, some early reviews by people that are no fans of PM and AotC, say it is very very dark and a fantastic movie.

I know Lucas' desire to do a prequel trilogy, but frankly, all he really had to do was RotS and it would have been fine.

I'm a day late for the annual star wars joke:-

'May the fourth be with you'

Ok who is going to the midnight showings?

I went to get my tickets yesterday the 12:01am show was sold out had to get the 12:05am fists crying.gif

Man just thinking about people seeing it four minutes ahead of me makes me so mad what kind of Star Wars geek am I that didn't get there first. hahaahah.

QUOTE (Batman @ May 13 2005, 10:59 AM)
Ok who is going to the midnight showings?
I went to get my tickets yesterday the 12:01am show was sold out had to get the 12:05am fists crying.gif
Man just thinking about people seeing it four minutes ahead of me makes me so mad what kind of Star Wars geek am I that didn't get there first. hahaahah.

I'm thinking about going to the midnight show here in my small town. I'd have to go solo, unfortunately.

We won't be going till Friday...my son's last Cub Scout meeting is the 19th, and they REFUSE to reschedule because of this conflict. smile.gif

I'll go see it when the crowds die down..

I saw Return of the King on opening night (midnight) and I regret it. Stood in line for 2 hours, then sat in the theater until 3:15am... I'm getting too old for that crap.

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ May 13 2005, 01:58 PM)
We won't be going till Friday...my son's last Cub Scout meeting is the 19th, and they REFUSE to reschedule because of this conflict. smile.gif

Pull him out of Scouts!

That will show them!!

QUOTE (Earthshine @ May 13 2005, 02:08 PM)
I'll go see it when the crowds die down..

I saw Return of the King on opening night (midnight) and I regret it. Stood in line for 2 hours, then sat in the theater until 3:15am... I'm getting too old for that crap.

Ah, It's Fun I love to see "grown men and women" dressed up in there Jedi outfits biggrin.gif

If you are going to wait to see it then go to a theater with digital projection. If you don't have a digital theater in you area then see it as soon as you can so the print is in good shape.

When I was in film school my first editing teacher always said that seeing a film it's first time through the projector is the best it will get. After that deterioration happens because of handling, dirty projectors, and general wear. Didgital theaters don't have this problem.