Nhl 2009-2010

Der Trommler

Finally some good news Oilers snag the number one draft pick in 2010.

On other Oilers news Sheldon Souray has asked for a trade. He went on to slag the organization saying he wasn't ready to play when he came here and that he felt pressured to play but did.

Steve Tambellini made his comments known on the subject and added more gas that is burning the bridge down. As I can see Souray is done as an Oiler. I think he is trying to pull a Pronger act but just didn't get the chick pregnant. wacko.gif

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 yrs of doing not a bloody hell of a lot. Don't let the door hit you on the way out. Hopefully they will sack a few more deadbeats on the inside. Too bad Kevin Lowe isn't one of them.

Oilers announce change in Hockey OperationsWednesday, 21.04.2010 / 7:33 PM / News By Edmonton Oilers Press Release Edmonton Oilers

General Manager Steve Tambellini today announced a change to the Hockey Operations Department, relieving Assistant General Manager and Vice-President of Hockey Operations, Kevin Prendergast, of his duties.

"We would like to thank Kevin and his family for their contribution to the Oilers organization over the past 20 years. We wish him all the very best in his future endeavours", said Tambellini.

So in the news it seems Bruins want the first pick from the Oil. What is possibly being dangled is Johnny Boychuk D man to move up the spot. Depending upon who they want to pick Hall, Seguin will depend if the Oil are willing to work with this scenario. Boychuk would help a pretty small and lack of sandpaper blueline on our team. Souray is going anyways so we need someone as we are getting diddly do for Sheldon when he gets traded.

QUOTE (silver @ May 23 2010, 07:37 PM)
So in the news it seems Bruins want the first pick from the Oil. What is possibly being dangled is Johnny Boychuk D man to move up the spot. Depending upon who they want to pick Hall, Seguin will depend if the Oil are willing to work with this scenario. Boychuk would help a pretty small and lack of sandpaper blueline on our team. Souray is going anyways so we need someone as we are getting diddly do for Sheldon when he gets traded.

Chara perhaps? You need a lot of help on D.

Chara is too expensive we don't have the room period. Here is what I think will happen.

Buy outs

Robert Nilsson

Patrick O 'sullivan

Traded for a puck bag

Sheldon Souray

Ethan Moron Moreau

Bye Bye to free agency or picked up on waivers

Devan Dubnyk goalie

Ryan Potulny

Possible trade bait

Andrew Cogliano

Guys on the bubble so to speak to make the team

Zakk Stortini not a goon doesn't know his roll thinks he is a playmaker

Gilbert Brule and M.Pouliot. I think one of these two has to go as with our young players coming in there needs to be room.

As it sits so far.

1st line Hemsky Gagner Penner

2nd O Sulivan Potulny Nilsson

3rd Pisani Horcoff Moreau

4th Jones Cogliano Stortini

Extras

Brule , Pouliot , Jauques , Linglet , Comrie , Stone

Jauqes is going under back surgery so he is done. Linglet minors, Comrie is a free agent, Potulny is free agent, Pisani free agent, Stone is a big body but was injured most of last season.

If the Oil take Taylor Hall then one of the wingers on the 1-2 lines gets bumped. Most likely Nilsson. Eberle is another pretty much lock in the 1-2 lines so this makes buying out O Sullivan make sense. Poliout will probably take Cog's fourth line and Cogs if he is still here will move to the second line with I assume Hall and Eberle. This makes a pretty small second line though.

They say Magnus P.V Svensson might be ready to make the jump to the NHL by his recent World showcase. Sweden wants to have him for another year but who knows.

On the unemployment front the Oilers have sacked one of their scouts. Interesting it wasn't Dave Semenko. Again why is he scouting again ?

The team signed a 3 year entry level deal with Magnus Paajarvi Svensson the Oilers 10th pick in the 2009 entry draft. This kid could make the squad this Sept depending upon what kind of camp he has. Nice bit of hope to a team of lost individuals.

Montreal must be a little miffed as they sacked 5 of their European scouts a few days ago. The ones kept were the ones scouting in the U.S.

more draft rumours in Edmonton

Edmonton sends Dustin Penner, Sheldon Souray, first draft pick, Steve O'Sullivan to Beantown

Boston trades number 2 pick , Michael Ryder, Mark Stuart, and one other player probably a center or for another DP.

The other wire buzz is that Ottawa wants to trade Jason Spezza to Edmonton for the following list of players.

Lady Smid

Andrew Cogilano

Dustin Penner

Sheldon Souray

I don't think Ottawa was on Souray's list of teams he would be willing to be dealt with but his ability to refuse ends on July 1 so it doesn't really matter.

New rumours.

Well it seems Bryan Murray of the Ottawa Sens is trying to get between the rift of Jason Spezza and coach Cory Clouston. Last time it was the issue between whiner Dany Heatley and Cory and now it is Jason. Talk about debutantes.

The trade mill has Spezza possibly going to Edmonton for Sheldon Souray and Shawn Horcoff. Obviously Spezza's 7 mill salary is an issue. Problem being is that Souray has a no trade clause that fades out on July 1 . The same time that Spezza's no movement clause kicks in.

On another note Edmonton will be welcoming both the Men's and Women's Olympic hockey teams minus Chris Pronger at the end of June. Most of the festivities are not eligible to the public. Corperate hookers are bucking up for golf and other events to raise money for charity. Pronger what a wank. fing.gif

QUOTE (silver @ May 23 2010, 07:37 PM)

Bruins cant trade Boychuk as he is a UFA.

QUOTE (invisibleairwaves @ Jun 17 2010, 05:34 PM)
Halak has been traded to St. Louis. What the f*ck, Habs?

Yup...I am absolutely disgusted.

This is the worst day as a Habs fan. I am so furious.

Quite possibly, one of the worst trades in recent history.

062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif rage.gif rage.gif rage.gif rage.gif

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Jun 17 2010, 05:21 PM)

062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif rage.gif rage.gif rage.gif rage.gif

Maybe they're clearing room to pick up Huet? laugh.gif

QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Jun 17 2010, 05:37 PM)
QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Jun 17 2010, 05:21 PM)

Maybe they're clearing room to pick up Huet? laugh.gif

z7shysterical.gif

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Jun 17 2010, 04:21 PM)

agreed........wow. so Price is the #1 goalie now.......they are f*cked.

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Jun 17 2010, 07:01 PM)

I think they may try to sign Nabokov. The other unrestricted free agent goalies don't really make sense for them. Turco is old, they already had Theodore, Biron's not good enough, Emery-nope. They picked up two good prospects. Untill they're done trading and the season starts, we can't pass judgement.

I heard that the Habs were going to deal a goalie to Tampa Bay for St. Louis. Another small foward, of skill, to go with the other two smurfs Cammalleri and Gionta . Wall of doom. Price has been brutal this year.

QUOTE (silver @ Jun 17 2010, 08:20 PM)
I heard that the Habs were going to deal a goalie to Tampa Bay for St. Louis. Another small foward, of skill, to go with the other two smurfs Cammalleri and Gionta . Wall of doom. Price has been brutal this year.

They went for size instead. Not very well known size, but still, promising.

QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Jun 17 2010, 06:37 PM)
QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Jun 17 2010, 07:01 PM)

I think they may try to sign Nabokov. The other unrestricted free agent goalies don't really make sense for them. Turco is old, they already had Theodore, Biron's not good enough, Emery-nope. They picked up two good prospects. Untill they're done trading and the season starts, we can't pass judgement.

It doesn't make any sense to trade Halak and sign Nabokov......