What's Up With Topic Titles?

PuppetKing2112

Something I've just noticed in the last few weeks is that whenever I post a topic and I don't make every word begin with a capital letter, or I make some words all caps, it automatically changes them so every word begins with a capital letter. For instance, I just posted a thread in Reverse Polarity about the PS3 price drop and it got changed to "Ps3 Price Drop" even though I only capitalized the "PS3" in the title. This is a minor thing but I started noticing it recently and it's kind of annoying, is this done on purpose or what?

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Aug 17 2009, 01:25 PM)
Something I've just noticed in the last few weeks is that whenever I post a topic and I don't make every word begin with a capital letter, or I make some words all caps, it automatically changes them so every word begins with a capital letter. For instance, I just posted a thread in Reverse Polarity about the PS3 price drop and it got changed to "Ps3 Price Drop" even though I only capitalized the "PS3" in the title. This is a minor thing but I started noticing it recently and it's kind of annoying, is this done on purpose or what?

Yep, me too, explanation please wacko.gif

Apparently this is a side effect of a function we recently implemented. We noticed a lot of thread titles in ALL CAPS and thought we'd thwart that by engaging the anti-CAPS filter. Perhaps certain people who like to SHOUT in their thread titles have gotten the message and we can revert to the old setting? tongue.gif

Was seeing more excessive SHOUTING in topic titles again (by more than one person), so we made it stop. It's annoying to look at, and that's why the board software gives you the option to make the shouting go away. wink.gif

I put it back to normal now. Maybe those who think lots of CAPS in thread titles somehow make their threads appear more URGENT will lay off the Caps Lock from now on... tongue.gif