Bra/boob Size Quiz

Dread Pirate Robert

QUOTE (missionman @ Aug 15 2009, 12:08 AM)
QUOTE (southernjim @ Aug 15 2009, 12:06 AM)
QUOTE (missionman @ Aug 15 2009, 12:04 AM)
I LIKE boobies......

Then you've come to the right place, my friend.

COOL!!!!! popcorn.gif

look up, right above the "you've come to the right place" post

QUOTE (southernjim @ Aug 15 2009, 12:10 AM)
I LIKE boobies......

COOL!!!!! popcorn.gif

I did. And I like 'em.

Fake ones???? Not so much.

QUOTE (missionman @ Aug 15 2009, 12:13 AM)
QUOTE (southernjim @ Aug 15 2009, 12:10 AM)
I LIKE boobies......

COOL!!!!! popcorn.gif

I did. And I like 'em.

Fake ones???? Not so much.

A lot of fakes can't be hidden with any amount of bacon

QUOTE (Dread Pirate Robert @ Aug 14 2009, 08:50 PM)
QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Aug 14 2009, 07:50 PM)
Well, the one question where to measure for your band size?  Two answers could apply.  It's around your upper chest (above the breasts) and under the armpits OR under the breasts + 5 inches. 

Actually, this is one of the "myths" that the Lady in question is trying hard to stomp.

The add +5 inches stuff was developed by this one company way back in the 1930's, when bras were made out of non-stretchable, much more course material. It is no longer accurate for today's bras (assuming it ever was, which is doubtful)

Nowadays, the correct band width is EXACTLY your measurements around your rib cage directly underneath your breasts. That gives a reading in inches which is supposed to be your correct band size.

Thus, her claim that most women today wear a bra which is too big in the band, and to small in the cup, when they should be using a smaller band width and a bigger cup bra. Say, for example, a 30D instead of a 34B.

I'm 27in. under there.

They don't make 27 bras for women. Last I checked, the lowest was 28 for a pre-teen's training bra.

Unless you go to a specialty store maybe...can I venture to guess the woman who wrote this article work for some sort of operation??

Edited by iluvgeddy05

QUOTE (Dread Pirate Robert @ Aug 14 2009, 09:04 PM)
55% .  Huh..

Well, the one question where to measure for your band size?  Two answers could apply.  It's around your upper chest (above the breasts) and under the armpits OR under the breasts + 5 inches. 

I also appreciated the question "Anything bigger than a D is most likely fake."  Not so much, says the former all natural DDD girl here wink.gif 

So glad I got rid of those...

100% of women who want breast reductions were using the wrong bra size, one that did not properly support the weight of their breasts.

Just so you know. At least, that is according to the Lady who wrote all this stuff. Supposedly, some survey of such women concluded that 100% of them (yes, that is right, each and every one of them) were using bras which were too wide in the band width, and not big enough in the cup, the end effect of which was to make too much of the weight concentrate on the shoulders, neck and back, instead of being carried mostly by the band which is what a bra is supposed to do.

Ok, I'm not attacking you but the woman who wrote this, so keep this in mind please...because a sore spot has been hit:

I am assuming the woman who wrote this article doesn't know what it feels like to be a 26 y.o female, about a size 6 and wearing 36DDD bra, and barely fitting into that. I am assuming this woman doesn't know what it feels like to have extra FIVE POUNDS of weight hanging from her chest, thus curving her forward and having her "special" bras STILL dig into her shoulders. I bet she's never had a problem BREATHING because he boobs were that big and constricting her. And I bet she has never experienced how hard it is to go shopping and how much it SUCKS to be stared and oogled at for having "big cans" or whatever else they were called by, both men AND women.

My reduction was not because I was shopping for the wrong size. It was a serious health matter that fabric and wire could not and WOULD not rectify. I still can not believe how much better I feel after having this surgery and I can do so much more. I'm running races and possibly considering a 1/2 marathon, something that would have been impossible with my "before" breasts jumping up and down in front of me and hurting me. It was the best decision I've ever made for myself.

It REALLY hits a nerve to see another woman saying every single woman who's had a breast reduction was in the wrong and it hurts to think another woman is implying that I didn't try HARD enough to help myself find a proper fit. Would she think I just went in one day and said "gee, I should get myself some surgery!" NO, I was literally scared shitless about this whole procedure but it was something that I needed to have done. This had been on my mind since high school and I didn't have the guts to go in until 10 years later. It was not a rash decision.

I really REALLY hope another woman who was in my situation doesn't read this woman's bullshit and decides against it because this surgery is something that has honestly changed my life physically and psychologically.

Edited by iluvgeddy05

QUOTE (Dread Pirate Robert @ Aug 14 2009, 10:18 PM)

Now, see, I don't know about this. To my way of thinking, say for example if I had been born female, 5 feet tall, with big nice juicy boobies that always attracted attention, surely I could think of some way to turn that to my advantage rather than thinking of them as an unwanted curse. Would your friend rather be some ugly nothing that nobody ever noticed? Well? I find that hard to believe, and I chalk that up to a lack of imagination on the part of your friend. If you got it, use what God gave you to your advantage, and it shouldn't require much imagination at all to realize the myriad advantages to be gained from such natural endowments.

I have no pity for your friend whatsoever. Bleh, silly her, for unimaginatively rejecting what she could have and should have considered a gift for many opportunities.

When you're a young woman in her 20s and get stared at by OLD UGLY FAT MEN because you have big boobs, it's hardly flattering.

Also, I suggest if you have time to read through my Breast Reduction thread over in NWW. Maybe you'll get a better understanding of my situation (and those of many women).

QUOTE (southernjim @ Aug 14 2009, 11:02 PM)
QUOTE (sullysue @ Aug 15 2009, 12:00 AM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Aug 15 2009, 12:57 AM)
Boobies.

Just sayin'.

And, this is why I love you. laugh.gif

Distractor!!!!!!!

No, if you want distracting (for the guys and Janie, at least...) tongue.gif

http://katyoliver.com/upload/2008/06/bacon%20bra%20via%20dlisted.jpg

You know what my first thought was?

Gastrointestinal distress.

If that were cooked bacon... oh man I love cooked bacon. Would have been funnier if they had placed a couple sunny side up eggs there instead. And panned out to reveal a triangle-shaped piece of toast.

I think I just discovered a funny picture to take for my husband.

If only he had my sense of humor. sad.gif

"Breakfast is on me honey!" HAHA! Ha! Hahaha.... heh... heh... hmm...

Edited by Janie

QUOTE (Mara @ Aug 14 2009, 08:44 PM)
Frequently in the summer, when it's scorching hot, I will go without.  wink.gif  Another benefit to being on the smallish side.

That is an added benefit of being small but I'm so used to wearing one that sometimes it feels weird not to wear one. Last summer though I had a really bad sunburn (I *still* have perfect tan lines from my sunburn twelve months ago) and basically went the entire summer sans bra. It was too painful to wear one!

QUOTE (Janie @ Aug 15 2009, 10:27 AM)
Frequently in the summer, when it's scorching hot, I will go without.  wink.gif  Another benefit to being on the smallish side.

That is an added benefit of being small but I'm so used to wearing one that sometimes it feels weird not to wear one. Last summer though I had a really bad sunburn (I *still* have perfect tan lines from my sunburn twelve months ago) and basically went the entire summer sans bra. It was too painful to wear one!

The downside of going without the tit slingshot is that sometimes the nipples feel they must stand at attention when it's really not the time or place for that sort of thing. Like standing in line in the grocery store.

They make some sort of little patch to cover that but I can't see myself wearing those.

QUOTE (Dread Pirate Robert @ Aug 14 2009, 06:50 PM)

Actually, this is one of the "myths" that the Lady in question is trying hard to stomp.

The add +5 inches stuff was developed by this one company way back in the 1930's, when bras were made out of non-stretchable, much more course material. It is no longer accurate for today's bras (assuming it ever was, which is doubtful)

Nowadays, the correct band width is EXACTLY your measurements around your rib cage directly underneath your breasts. That gives a reading in inches which is supposed to be your correct band size.

Thus, her claim that most women today wear a bra which is too big in the band, and to small in the cup, when they should be using a smaller band width and a bigger cup bra. Say, for example, a 30D instead of a 34B.

Yeah that measurement is wayyyy off. Usually how the correct band and cup size are determined is by first measuring the underside of the breast, then around the fullest part of the best.

The result: The first measurement taken is your band (#) size and the number of inches between the two measurements equal your cup size. With "A" being a 1" difference, "B" being a 2" difference, etc.

However, different bras really do fit and feel different and I'm convinced it has a lot to do with the woman's breast itself. Example: Technically I'm a 30B but most of my bras are a 32A cup (I so cannot believe I'm typing this and contemplating posting it) because I like the look it gives to the girls.

Edited by Janie

QUOTE (Mara @ Aug 15 2009, 07:33 AM)
QUOTE (Janie @ Aug 15 2009, 10:27 AM)

The downside of going without the tit slingshot is that sometimes the nipples feel they must stand at attention when it's really not the time or place for that sort of thing. Like standing in line in the grocery store.

They make some sort of little patch to cover that but I can't see myself wearing those.

To counteract the nippage, last summer I wore tops and dresses with a lot of pattern. That way, it really was hard to see if the headlights were on or not.

Those nip covers feel weird. I never liked them. I first tried those circle bandaids way back years ago and that looked and felt weird. In a big way. I decided it was better to go without those.

Edited by Janie

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Aug 15 2009, 08:25 AM)
55% .  Huh..

I also appreciated the question "Anything bigger than a D is most likely fake."  Not so much, says the former all natural DDD girl here wink.gif 

100% of women who want breast reductions were using the wrong bra size, one that did not properly support the weight of their breasts.

Just so you know. At least, that is according to the Lady who wrote all this stuff. Supposedly, some survey of such women concluded that 100% of them (yes, that is right, each and every one of them) were using bras which were too wide in the band width, and not big enough in the cup, the end effect of which was to make too much of the weight concentrate on the shoulders, neck and back, instead of being carried mostly by the band which is what a bra is supposed to do.

Ok, I'm not attacking you but the woman who wrote this, so keep this in mind please...because a sore spot has been hit:

I am assuming the woman who wrote this article doesn't know what it feels like to be a 26 y.o female, about a size 6 and wearing 36DDD bra, and barely fitting into that. I am assuming this woman doesn't know what it feels like to have extra FIVE POUNDS of weight hanging from her chest, thus curving her forward and having her "special" bras STILL dig into her shoulders. I bet she's never had a problem BREATHING because he boobs were that big and constricting her. And I bet she has never experienced how hard it is to go shopping and how much it SUCKS to be stared and oogled at for having "big cans" or whatever else they were called by, both men AND women.

My reduction was not because I was shopping for the wrong size. It was a serious health matter that fabric and wire could not and WOULD not rectify. I still can not believe how much better I feel after having this surgery and I can do so much more. I'm running races and possibly considering a 1/2 marathon, something that would have been impossible with my "before" breasts jumping up and down in front of me and hurting me. It was the best decision I've ever made for myself.

It REALLY hits a nerve to see another woman saying every single woman who's had a breast reduction was in the wrong and it hurts to think another woman is implying that I didn't try HARD enough to help myself find a proper fit. Would she think I just went in one day and said "gee, I should get myself some surgery!" NO, I was literally scared shitless about this whole procedure but it was something that I needed to have done. This had been on my mind since high school and I didn't have the guts to go in until 10 years later. It was not a rash decision.

I really REALLY hope another woman who was in my situation doesn't read this woman's bullshit and decides against it because this surgery is something that has honestly changed my life physically and psychologically.

I understand.

Didn't mean to cause you any offense.

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Aug 15 2009, 08:16 AM)
QUOTE (Dread Pirate Robert @ Aug 14 2009, 08:50 PM)

I'm 27in. under there.

They don't make 27 bras for women. Last I checked, the lowest was 28 for a pre-teen's training bra.

Unless you go to a specialty store maybe...can I venture to guess the woman who wrote this article work for some sort of operation??

Sure such bras are made.

Here is an example, that I found very quickly by doing an internet search. This is just the first example I came across.

http://www.herroom.com/Freya-4101-Jolie-Un...lcony-Bra.shtml

Check out the sizes being offered in 28 band width, from 28D all the way up to 28H.

Yes, according to the measurement technique being discussed in this thread, your band width would be a 28. I know I said earlier that your band width was supposed to be your exact measurement in inches, but that was not completely accurate, since bras are only offered in even numbered band widths. So, if you get an odd numbered measurement, like 27, you round off to the next even number, which in this case would be 28.

As for the Lady in question, I don't know what she does for a living. Maybe she does work for some bra making company. That would make sense.

QUOTE (Mara @ Aug 15 2009, 09:33 AM)

You trying to turn us on with that visual imagery?

It's working wink.gif

QUOTE (Janie @ Aug 15 2009, 09:33 AM)
(I so cannot believe I'm typing this and contemplating posting it) because I like the look it gives to the girls.

Nothing wrong with that.

I appreciate your candor smile.gif

QUOTE (Janie @ Aug 15 2009, 08:21 AM)
QUOTE (southernjim @ Aug 14 2009, 11:02 PM)
QUOTE (sullysue @ Aug 15 2009, 12:00 AM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Aug 15 2009, 12:57 AM)
Boobies.

Just sayin'.

And, this is why I love you. laugh.gif

Distractor!!!!!!!

No, if you want distracting (for the guys and Janie, at least...) tongue.gif

http://katyoliver.com/upload/2008/06/bacon%20bra%20via%20dlisted.jpg

You know what my first thought was?

Gastrointestinal distress.

If that were cooked bacon... oh man I love cooked bacon. Would have been funnier if they had placed a couple sunny side up eggs there instead. And panned out to reveal a triangle-shaped piece of toast.

I think I just discovered a funny picture to take for my husband.

If only he had my sense of humor. sad.gif

"Breakfast is on me honey!" HAHA! Ha! Hahaha.... heh... heh... hmm...

i don't think his sense of humor is going to matter.

QUOTE (Dread Pirate Robert @ Aug 15 2009, 12:19 PM)
QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Aug 15 2009, 08:25 AM)
55% .  Huh..

I understand.

Didn't mean to cause you any offense.

Thank you. And again, nothing against you at all, I just get fired up over this yes.gif