"a Diamond In The Rough?" Neil Diamond That Is!

RUSHHEAD666

HELL YES!

Does anyone else love Neil Diamond like me?

I just mentioned his name on the Elvis thread but this guy needs his own thread.

I've seen him twice. Once with my wife and parents and then just recently with Wendy and our two daughters. Strangely enough our 8 year old loved Neil more than the older one. She loved the triple encore of "Sweet Caroline."

Say what you will guys but Neil Peart, I mean Neil Diamond is beyond incredible!

Anyone catch "The Jazz Singer?"

Great movie.

Sincerely,

"Play Me" AlexFinal.gif

Hey Rushhead, come to Fenway Park. You will hate Neil Diamond after that experience. Nothing worse than 38,000 idiots singing Sweet Caroline during the middle of the 8th inning. I bring my i-Pod and crank Rush during that painful ordeal. 062802puke_prv.gif

QUOTE (MULTIPLIED REACTION @ Aug 4 2009, 10:10 PM)
Hey Rushhead, come to Fenway Park. You will hate Neil Diamond after that experience. Nothing worse than 38,000 idiots singing Sweet Caroline during the middle of the 8th inning. I bring my i-Pod and crank Rush during that painful ordeal. 062802puke_prv.gif

No way!!!

I never knew!!! That is horrible!!

I don't blame you my friend!!

How lame! The song is overplayed enough on the earth. Sort of like "Tom Sawyer." LOL!

Some year I seriously hope to go out to Fenway Park with the wife and kids.

We can meet for an ice cold beer and a Fenway Frank.

I would love to watch my Triple A's play there sometime.

I can't believe they won again tonight against the Rangers.

Anyway all of my relatives are in Jersey so maybe I can fly out there to see my family and then come up to Boston for an A's game or two.

I have to see the Green Monster before I die.

Same with Wrigley Field.

RUSH ON!

Earl

QUOTE (MULTIPLIED REACTION @ Aug 5 2009, 01:10 AM)
Hey Rushhead, come to Fenway Park. You will hate that experience. Nothing worse than 38,000 idiots. 062802puke_prv.gif

'Nuff said. laugh.gif

QUOTE (MULTIPLIED REACTION @ Aug 5 2009, 12:10 AM)

Going along with this, my brother in law is from Boston. His sister married a couple summers ago and I was at the wedding. Sweet Caroline came on and the entire Boston-side of the family got up to dance. Going along with it, I just naturally was having a good time and dancing too. I was quickly told it was strictly a Boston/Plante family thing (I'm from NY).

Since then, that song pi$$es me off to no end.

QUOTE (MULTIPLIED REACTION @ Aug 4 2009, 10:10 PM)

I had to leave during the middle of the 8th at my game. Wish I'd have gotten to stay for it.

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Aug 5 2009, 02:36 AM)
I have to see the Green Monster before I die.
Same with Wrigley Field.

Wait, wait, wait-

you're saying you've never been to Fenway or Wrigley? Wow, I've actually done something you haven't laugh.gif tongue.gif

I saw ND in about '96 from the 4th row in the round. He did a great show and worked the crowd like a real pro.

QUOTE (Prince Sphinc-Tor @ Aug 6 2009, 04:00 AM)
I saw ND in about '96 from the 4th row in the round. He did a great show and worked the crowd like a real pro.

You lucky bum! Fourth row!! Sweet!

I was in the 15th row with my parents and I will never forget this one moment.

Neil actually came up to the front of the stage and laid down on his side. A woman came up to him and he frigging made out with her! I'm not talking a peck on the cheek or on the mouth. I was shocked and the crowd went nuts!

Neil Diamond is a stud!

Signed,

"Kentucky Woman"

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Aug 7 2009, 11:54 AM)
I used to be ashamed, but no longer.

I AM A NEIL DIAMOND FAN!

He's got some great tunes.

Be Ashamed, be VERY ashamed...

tongue.gif

Kidding. Everyone has a fave Neil track, like Elton John, its mandatory!! Freeeeeeeeeeeeeedom...biggrin.gif

I'm putting in Girl, You'll be a Woman Soon...but there's a few others I'm sure ph34r.gif

he is no Barry Manilow

laugh.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Aug 6 2009, 08:51 PM)
he is no Barry Manilow
laugh.gif

Actually Manilow is no Neil Diamond.

I've seen both live and Diamond was 1000 times better than Barry, which wasn't a dreadful show, but just not nearly as good as Neil Diamond.

QUOTE (metaldad @ Aug 6 2009, 05:51 PM)
he is no Barry Manilow
laugh.gif

"At the Copa, Copacabana!"

Great tune!!

Barry's alright in my book. He is stuck in the Hilton in Las Vegas.

I was going to check him out with my parents in February but luckily the Doobie Brothers were there instead doing a "test tour." They were fukking fantastic!!

Anyway the Doobies have a new album out soon!!

Sincerely,

"I Write The Songs"

QUOTE (Steevo @ Aug 6 2009, 05:35 PM)
QUOTE (Snowdog @ Aug 7 2009, 11:54 AM)
I used to be ashamed, but no longer.

I AM A NEIL DIAMOND FAN!

He's got some great tunes.

Be Ashamed, be VERY ashamed...

tongue.gif

Kidding. Everyone has a fave Neil track, like Elton John, its mandatory!! Freeeeeeeeeeeeeedom...biggrin.gif

I'm putting in Girl, You'll be a Woman Soon...but there's a few others I'm sure ph34r.gif

Speaking of the song "Girl You'll Be A Woman Soon" do you guys remember the band URGE OVERKILL?

They did a very good cover of that song.

Now I did write a dud thread on here about the band UB40. Remember their Neil Diamond cover of "Red, Red Wine?"

Never liked it. Neil's is much better.

Love,

"Song Sung Blue" atickhum.gif

Wow! I must say, until this thread, I would have been ashamed to admit I was a Neil fan...but I am. Have been for 30 years. Have been to several of his shows. He really is a great writer and performer. Many of his songs have become hits by other artists. "Red, Red Wine" comes to mind.

I guess since I'm in confession mode...I like ABBA, John Denver, Lulu, Roberta Flack and Celine Dion too. Scary huh? tongue.gif blush4.gif

Edit: Plus I've heard from friends in the concert business that Neil and his gang were the biggest stoners of any group they had seen back in the day, and still are! True! Well, I wasn't there but I believe it!

QUOTE (Weatherman2112 @ Aug 8 2009, 01:49 PM)
I guess since I'm in confession mode...I like ABBA, John Denver, Lulu, Roberta Flack and Celine Dion too. Scary huh?  tongue.gif  blush4.gif

Scary, no, good taste yes. Denver and Abba are brilliant songwriters, there's nothing scary about that. I can't say I've heard too much of Flack to comment (other than the huge hit 'Killing Me Softly'). Dion? well, everyone to their own eh.gif biggrin.gif tongue.gif

While I'm on the subject, try some Glen Campbell and America on for size as well trink38.gif

Signed

Rhinestone mofuken Cowboy 1287.gif

Funnily enough I just watched "An Audience with Neil Diamond" on UK network ITV. Not bad. I was a bit pissed he didn't do Song Sung Blue though which I used to rock the sofa to back in about 1970 when I was about 3...

biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Weatherman2112 @ Aug 7 2009, 06:49 PM)
Wow! I must say, until this thread, I would have been ashamed to admit I was a Neil fan...but I am. Have been for 30 years. Have been to several of his shows. He really is a great writer and performer. Many of his songs have become hits by other artists. "Red, Red Wine" comes to mind.

I guess since I'm in confession mode...I like ABBA, John Denver, Lulu, Roberta Flack and Celine Dion too. Scary huh? tongue.gif blush4.gif

Edit: Plus I've heard from friends in the concert business that Neil and his gang were the biggest stoners of any group they had seen back in the day, and still are! True! Well, I wasn't there but I believe it!

Don't be embarrassed about being an ABBA fan. I think they were great. I have all of their albums.

Hell my mother in law took Wendy and I and her sister to see Mamma Mia! It was okay, I was just hoping that the music was going to be live,not piped in. The corny movie with Pierce was very entertaining.

Say what you will about ABBA but they were serious hit makers.

When ABBA was on top of the world the band actually grossed more revenue than the VOLVO Corporation!

Wow now we are talking about the great Neil Diamond and ABBA in the same thread.

What a forum!

Signed,

"Money, Money, Money"

Archived