Any other "Slapshot" fans out there?

Snowdog

I have been a fan of the movie "Slapshot" for more than 20 years. I can watch this movie over and over and still love it every time I see it. Of course, I am a huge hockey fan, so that helps. But the Hanson's are some of the most memorable characters I have ever seen. And the movie has some great lines too. Many of which I can't repeat around my kids laugh.gif

Any other fans out there?

Love it when the Hanson's are beating the crap out of the vending machine.

"It took my quarter, coach."

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

I haven't seen the sequel with Stephen Baldwin, I guess I know it won't be as good as the original and I don't want to soil the good name of Slapshot by watching it. laugh.gif

Has anyone seen the sequel?

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Mar 10 2005, 07:32 PM)
Love it when the Hanson's are beating the crap out of the vending machine.

"It took my quarter, coach."

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

I haven't seen the sequel with Stephen Baldwin, I guess I know it won't be as good as the original and I don't want to soil the good name of Slapshot by watching it. laugh.gif
Has anyone seen the sequel?

avoid it like the plaque Snowdog.... 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif Hansons were in for like.....a couple of minutes. The premise of the movie is STOOPID!!!! Just be lucky and proud you can say u never saw it to protect the integrity and greatness of the real Slapshot. yes.gif

I love the scene where the Hanson Bros. are playing with their cars,

"You wanna play, Coach?" icon_really_happy_guy.gif

I always enjoyed the end when Carr is announcing the lineup of the opposing team and the Chiefs are just getting more and more surprised and dejected.

"Carr: Andre "Poodle" Lussier, defense. Andre, as you know, has been living in semi-seclusion in Northern Quebec ever since the unfortunate Denny Pratt tragedy.

Morris Wanchuk: Not Poodle.

Carr: And from Mile 40, Saskatchewan, where he now runs a donut shop, number 10, former penalty-minute record holder for the years 1960 to 1968 inclusive, Gilmore Tuttle."

"Carr: Here's a name for you nostalgia fans: Clarence "Screaming Buffalo" Swamptown. I'll never forget an exclusive interview in which Swamptown revealed that he calls his hockey stick the "Big Tomahawk," and he usually refers to the opposing players as "the little scalps"."

"Carr: Oh...Hold the phone. This young man has had a very trying rookie season, with the litigation, the notoriety, his subsequent deportation to Canada and that country's refusal to accept him, I guess that's more than most 21-year-olds can handle. Number six, Ogie Oglethorpe."

Of course the attempts at small talk before the opening face off are classic as well.

"I'll straighten you out you leetle ******"

Slapshot totaly ROX!

thats when hockey was REAL LOL no helmets and lotsa red ice laugh.gif

My family is a BIG time hockey lover.I remember goin to bed when i was lil and hearin my dad yellin at the tv...

SHOOT IT!!!

SHOOT IT!!

WHAT THE HELL U DOING!

OHH U GOTTA BE KIDDING ME!!!

THAT SHOULDA BEEN A GOAL!

YOU GUYS ARE PLAYIN LIKE SHIT 2NITE!!!

as u can tell by now ..hes a Ranger fan rofl3.gif

I refuse to see the part 2 of that movie..the 1st one was soo good why mess with a good thing confused13.gif

I can't believe that nobody's made any reference to this one yet...

"What are you guys doing"?

"Just putting on the foil coach." z7shysterical.gif

QUOTE (syrinxpriest 2112 @ Jan 14 2008, 11:32 PM)
QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Mar 10 2005, 06:39 PM)
the best hockey movie EVER!  yes.gif  1022.gif  cool10.gif  :pirate:  trink39.gif

You all have obviously forgotten the masterpiece that was "D2: The Mighty Ducks...2" 1022.gif

Dear God......

smile.gif

the best hockey movie EVER!  yes.gif  1022.gif  cool10.gif  :pirate:  trink39.gif

You all have obviously forgotten the masterpiece that was "D2: The Mighty Ducks...2" 1022.gif

The first one was better.

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Jan 14 2008, 08:47 AM)
I can't believe that nobody's made any reference to this one yet...

"What are you guys doing"?

"Just putting on the foil coach." z7shysterical.gif

Beat me to it! I was gonna say "This whole htread makes me wanna foil up!".

laugh.gif

QUOTE (pt2112 @ Jan 14 2008, 11:50 PM)

The first one was better.

poppycock!

D2 is the one and only supreme ruler of hockey flicks.