Do Rush Fans Like BLONDIE?

RUSHHEAD666

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jun 19 2009, 02:38 PM)
Any Blondie fans on here?

I'm A Big Fan Now ! !

I was unsure what to expect from Blondie ( in concert )

Liked a few of her songs, but really only

went to see her because she was touing with Pat Benatar

Summary from last nights show with Benatar........

"Call Me Invincible" Tour 2009

Pat Benatar & Blondie w/ The Donna's

We knew what to expect from Pat Benatar & Neil Gerardo , I have seen PB many many times since 81' & my girl, Jeri & I saw her last 2 times in concert, in the pool at Mandalay Bay in LasVegas & after all these years they put on a great shows.

The Donna's canceled due to illness & a solo artist played a couple songs with his guitar.....

Benatar Inc, was great, as to be expected, Pat was spot on ! great vocals, great attitude

she was flawless & looked great, we were in 9th row dead center. Since they are alternating

headliner spot, Pat came on stage 1st & we got short changed by 2 songs, one of them was

1 of my favorite's, "Everybody Lay Down"

Blondie was the surprise, 1st she came out wearing a baseball hat & layers of light colored,

loose garments with a knee length silk dress & did "Call Me", Didn't seem like she was too

into it, a little soft on the vocals, but soon was hitting the mark & she had a stage presence.

We looked at each other & both of us said WOW! She then quickly removed the hat to let all her

blondeness loose. Next few songs we were unfamiliar with, but didn't matter because the band

was tight & sounded perfect. Deborah was HOT! She took a layer of clothing off until she just had the

white silk looking dress with a fashion belt. She 64 & just slightly overwieght, but way sexier

than you would think. Me & Jeri kept looking at each other in amazement, Blondie was a Hit !

The 2 reviews we read on previous shows made it sound like Blondie was gonna suck,

she also was closing the show by playing Michael Jackson's "Don't Stop Till You Get Enough".

But after the long version of "Rapture", then "1 way or another" & then "Heart of Glass" which

sounded just like the recording & by that point Deborah Harry had us hooked, all she had to

do was a little wiggle & the crowd & Me & Jeri would go crazy ! ! At tha point she could have

played anything & we would have liked it, Just Very Unexpected Superior Performance.!

The MJ song was different, no moon walkin, but sure was fun at that point of the evening.

Deborah Harry was the 70's version of Gwen Stefani.

Debbie was super Hot in the day and Gwen is, well, you know still mighty fine...

To boot, both bands are great. Love Blondie's Greatest Hits....listened to it all the time when I first got it. Heart of Glass, Dreaming, One Way or Another, Hanging on the Telephone, Rapture, Call Me....all great songs

Sorry this thread died a long time ago but it needs to go back to the top!

I pulled out the first two Blondie records tonight. They are still priceless after all of these years.

Hell I think every Blondie song is EPIC up to "Autoamerican."

My wife told me tonight that a new Blondie record is on the way!

Unreal. Debbie Harry was a Playboy Bunny back in the early 70's.

She is still making records and rocking out in 2011.

I'm really not into female vocals but Blondie with be my Number One.

Hey nice cover..... "The Tide Is High."

I'm high on Blondie right now. Some things will never change.

I remember when I was in the seventh grade. 1980. My buddy got me into Blondie, Bowie and The Who.

Not bad brainwashing for back then. I was hooked.

Didn't get into Rush until 1981.

The Who was my first concert in 1982. Fuckk man, The Clash opened.

Great memories. 1022.gif

"I'm On E"

Earl

wow, I just turned on VH 1 Classic and "Fast Times At Ridgemont High" is on. I was already on the Rush Forum and I clicked on this thread and read it, then on the TV, the part where Damone and Mark Ratner are in the mall and Damone starts to give him tips on pickin' up chicks. He leans over to a cardboard cutout of Debbie Harry and starts hittin' on her. How funny is that?

spooky coincidence...... unsure.gif

signed,

Judge "slappin' the monkey" Reinhold

I have actually seen up close and personal, Deborah Harry's razor-blade dress she wore for a fashion show back in the early 90's. Floor-length, made entirely of double-edged razor blades.

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Sep 23 2011, 05:14 PM)
Sorry this thread died a long time ago but it needs to go back to the top.

Agreed Earl, no apology needed!!

Scored the reissued Parallel Lines recently and will slowly build up again in due course I'm sure cool.gif