It's happened. Great. :/

Jack Aubrey

Some of you may have seen this post wherein Bigmoney 2112 said he'd bet that Octomom would be getting her reality show and I told him that she'd been trying to already (not that I enhjoyed telling him). Well, it has happened. Now all you have to do to be famous is to punch out eight rug rats. I wonder how many women will start popping fertility pills like M&Ms thinking "oh, I can beat that! Come on ten!" like a Vegas craps player desperately trying to make the winning roll.

Here's the depressing story, no thanks to The Hollywood Reporter:

The Southern California woman who gave birth to the world's longest-surviving set of octuplets has signed a deal to star in a reality television series, her lawyer said Sunday.

Nadya Suleman, who gave birth to the six boys and two girls in January and also has six other children, agreed to be filmed for a proposed television show by 3Ball Prods., attorney Jeff Czech said.

The company, which is a subsidiary of Amsterdam-based Eyeworks International, hasn't yet sold the show to any American television network, he said.

The show will be modeled after a successful Eyeworks TV series in Denmark that documents the lives of four children from the day they were born until they become adults.

"They came up with this idea, presented to her and she liked it because she'll get to use a camera and do some of the filming herself," Czech told The Associated Press.

He said film crews will not follow Suleman and her children 24 hours a day, but will document certain milestones such as birthdays and special events.

"It'll be less intrusive than a reality TV type of program," Czech said.

A call to 3Ball wasn't immediately returned Sunday. The Manhattan Beach, Calif.-based company is the creator such reality TV shows as "The Biggest Loser," "For Love Or Money" and "Beauty & The Geek."
Octuplet mom lands reality deal
3Ball has yet to sell the show to a network
Associated Press

May 31, 2009, 08:09 PM ET

The Southern California woman who gave birth to the world's longest-surviving set of octuplets has signed a deal to star in a reality television series, her lawyer said Sunday.

Nadya Suleman, who gave birth to the six boys and two girls in January and also has six other children, agreed to be filmed for a proposed television show by 3Ball Prods., attorney Jeff Czech said.

The company, which is a subsidiary of Amsterdam-based Eyeworks International, hasn't yet sold the show to any American television network, he said.

The show will be modeled after a successful Eyeworks TV series in Denmark that documents the lives of four children from the day they were born until they become adults.

"They came up with this idea, presented to her and she liked it because she'll get to use a camera and do some of the filming herself," Czech told The Associated Press.

He said film crews will not follow Suleman and her children 24 hours a day, but will document certain milestones such as birthdays and special events.

"It'll be less intrusive than a reality TV type of program," Czech said.

A call to 3Ball wasn't immediately returned Sunday. The Manhattan Beach, Calif.-based company is the creator such reality TV shows as "The Biggest Loser," "For Love Or Money" and "Beauty & The Geek."

To quote my wife: "Hey Nadya, it's a womb. It's not a clown car." laugh.gif

Another program on prime time that I WON'T be watching. Boy they have it down pat.

As I have said before, if enough people watch and it makes money, they will do it. So blame society. If they demanded more they would get more but alas they settle for very little.

Life is going to suck for those kids. Not only because there's eight of them vying for attention (actually, 14 -- there was already six kids before the octuplets), not only because their mom is a total loony, but being on TV will put these kids in an even bigger spotlight -- a spotlight they didn't approve of or choose for themselves.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jun 2 2009, 01:39 PM)
Life is going to suck for those kids. Not only because there's eight of them vying for attention (actually, 14 -- there was already six kids before the octuplets), not only because their mom is a total loony, but being on TV will put these kids in an even bigger spotlight -- a spotlight they didn't approve of or choose for themselves.

You make a valid point. What chance do those kids have to live normal lives? Its not fair to them and her decision to involve all 14 of her kids in a spotlight of this magnitude just puts her competency as a parent that much more in question. It is unfortunate for them.

I am THIS close to never watching regular TV again.

Right now I watch Jeopardy, sometimes The Daily Show (but not so much anymore), and The Andy Griffith Show.

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jun 2 2009, 03:07 PM)

Right now I watch Jeopardy, sometimes The Daily Show (but not so much anymore), and The Andy Griffith Show.

I only watch my M*A*S*H DVDs and Home Improvement re-runs. Everything else on television besides The Weather Channel SUCKS!!!! 062802puke_prv.gif

The fact that this disgrace of a parent got her way and got her own Reality Show is just showing other people that wreckless endangerment of your health and your kids is the way to achieve your goals. Great Job Television Producers! If you wanna show the world that you don't have to do any real work to be famous well you certainly have top yourselves this time!

Television really depresses me.

Think back to the Dionne quintuplets of the 1930's, their birth and lives were a circus. Two died before reaching middle age.

QUOTE (Tarkus406 @ Jun 2 2009, 03:10 PM)
QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jun 2 2009, 03:07 PM)

I only watch my M*A*S*H DVDs and Home Improvement re-runs. Everything else on television besides The Weather Channel SUCKS!!!! 062802puke_prv.gif

Wow - another Weather Channel fan biggrin.gif

I really think the batshit-crazy bitch's fifteen minutes are pretty much up. To be blunt, not many people care that much any more. The outrage has died down, on to newer topics.

In terms of the timing for this, I think it's past it's prime. I don't see more than three or 4 episodes airing.

I don't watch much TV either. NCIS, Burn Notice, Monk (which is done after this summer), and a whole buncha History Channel/Nat Geo/Animal Planet, etc. I don't watch regular "Prime Time" at all.

(NCIS I catch in rerun format on USA).

QUOTE (Mara @ Jun 2 2009, 03:33 PM)
I really think the batshit-crazy bitch's fifteen minutes are pretty much up. To be blunt, not many people care that much any more. The outrage has died down, on to newer topics.

In terms of the timing for this, I think it's past it's prime. I don't see more than three or 4 episodes airing.

I don't watch much TV either. NCIS, Burn Notice, Monk (which is done after this summer), and a whole buncha History Channel/Nat Geo/Animal Planet, etc. I don't watch regular "Prime Time" at all.

(NCIS I catch in rerun format on USA).

Nat Geo

Do you watch 'Dogtown'? Man, that show is always an emotional roller coaster! Pretty much every episode makes my wife cry and it's given me a lump in my throat more than once.

Dogtown - oh man, don't get me started! I've looked at them on the web, too, and they are amazing. I'm a dog person anyway.

Animal Planet used to have "Animal Miracles", which was hosted by the extremely corny Alan Thicke. If you could get past him, there were some true tear-jerkers on that show.

QUOTE (thesweetscience @ Jun 2 2009, 12:37 PM)
Another program on prime time that I WON'T be watching. Boy they have it down pat.

As I have said before, if enough people watch and it makes money, they will do it. So blame society. If they demanded more they would get more but alas they settle for very little.

yes.gif

Kill your television.

QUOTE (Mara @ Jun 2 2009, 03:51 PM)
Dogtown - oh man, don't get me started! I've looked at them on the web, too, and they are amazing. I'm a dog person anyway.

Animal Planet used to have "Animal Miracles", which was hosted by the extremely corny Alan Thicke. If you could get past him, there were some true tear-jerkers on that show.

I'm a dog person anyway.

Me too! trink39.gif

This is my dog Sam:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/JackAubrey/DSC00122.jpg

Here he is showing off his new trick. I can put a treat on his head, say "easy, leave it" and he'll stay still until I say "okay, get it!" After which he drops the treat and gobbles it up:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/JackAubrey/Sam.jpg

My Father in law found him on the side of the road, undernourished and covered in fleas. He took him home and nursed him back to health. Unfortunately, his other dogs didn't get along with Sam, and they're much bigger than him, so we took him. Best decision we've ever made!

What's really sad is that this show is going to air in Europe, and from this, Europeans will use it to base their opinions of all Americans. angry.gif

::facepalm::

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Jun 2 2009, 04:00 PM)
What's really sad is that this show is going to air in Europe, and from this, Europeans will use it to base their opinions of all Americans. angry.gif

Actually, the show may improve Europeans' opinion of Americans..........

bolt.gif

QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ Jun 2 2009, 06:49 PM)
QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Jun 2 2009, 04:00 PM)
What's really sad is that this show is going to air in Europe, and from this, Europeans will use it to base their opinions of all Americans.  angry.gif

Actually, the show may improve Europeans' opinion of Americans..........

bolt.gif

Caution: you are dangerously close to incurring the wrath of a mod. Reversing course is strongly advised. admin.gif