Audition for Smashing Pumpkins

launchpad67a

Auditions will be held Friday, April 10 in Los Angeles for drummers who are looking to play with the Smashing Pumpkins. Pumpkins' guitarist, singer, songwriter and founding member Billy Corgan announced recently that drummer Jimmy Chamberlin left the group. Chamberlin joined the band Corgan founded in Chicago in 1988 and played on all their albums except Adore (1998). Corgan will continue to write and record as Smashing Pumpkins with plans to head into the studio this spring. To audition, send your background info, photos and performance web links via email to pumpkinsdrummer@gmail.com.

QUOTE (CygnusX-1Bk2 @ Apr 2 2009, 12:41 AM)
I smell an April Fool...

No it's legit. I subscribe to Music Connection Magazine and receive their weekly bulletins via email. This was posted in the News section of that bulletin.

Wow...Chamberlin was a great drummer..probably just got tired of Corgans crap.

QUOTE (launchpad67a @ Apr 1 2009, 11:52 PM)
I smell an April Fool...

No it's legit. I subscribe to Music Connection Magazine and receive their weekly bulletins via email. This was posted in the News section of that bulletin.

Well, then I'll get my sh*t together...

QUOTE (CygnusX-1Bk2 @ Apr 2 2009, 10:41 PM)
I smell an April Fool...

Think you could deal with Corgan and his assorted issues?

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Apr 3 2009, 02:00 AM)
Why would any self-respecting musician do this?

Lets see... money, fame, the chance to play for thousands of people and have your drumming be heard all over the world. Pretty much everything that those "self-respecting" musicians dream of doing when they set out to be a musician.

Plus too, do you realize how good that this gig will look on a resume for that drummer in the future?

QUOTE (Mara @ Apr 2 2009, 09:56 PM)
QUOTE (CygnusX-1Bk2 @ Apr 2 2009, 10:41 PM)
I smell an April Fool...

Think you could deal with Corgan and his assorted issues?

I think I could put Billy in his place... if I had to. smile.gif But that being said Im not auditioning. I'd rather enjoy and respect him at a distance. yes.gif

QUOTE (Tarkus406 @ Apr 3 2009, 03:11 PM)
Fledgey should do it.

yes.gif yes.gif

QUOTE (kazzman @ Apr 3 2009, 08:28 AM)

Lets see... money, fame, the chance to play for thousands of people and have your drumming be heard all over the world. Pretty much everything that those "self-respecting" musicians dream of doing when they set out to be a musician.

Plus too, do you realize how good that this gig will look on a resume for that drummer in the future?

You really think dealing with Billy Corgan is worth that?

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Apr 5 2009, 06:17 PM)

Sure, if you approach it with the right attitude. You go in there expecting Corgan to be a dick, and you use him and the Pumpkins as a stepping stone to something better...a springboard to get your drumming career off the ground.

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Apr 5 2009, 05:17 PM)

Should it really matter whether or not it's "worth dealing" with Corgan? To most of these guys, it's just a gig, regardless of who it's with. They aren't going to be concerned with who they're dealing with. They're going to be concerned with showing up and getting a paycheck at the end of the day. Look at Guns N' Roses. Do you think it's "worth dealing" with Axle to those guys? Absolutely.

EDIT:

I'd also like to add that one of my customers has already submitted a press kit for the job. He doesn't seem to care that Billy Corgan may be an asshole. He's just thankful for the opportunity to do this.

Edited by kazzman