RUSH Tattoo's

Paulio91184

If I decide I want a tattoo (not quite sure yet), this is my plan: The 3R alchemy symbol from the Time Machine tour (because that was what made me a big fan, few people seem to have it, and I think it would be do-able and show up well.) It would be on my upper left arm (we can't have any visible tattoos to work where I do, and have to wear shirts with sleeves). Left arm because I hope to be sitting on Geddy's side at shows, therefore my left arm will be visible to more of the venue.

If I was really inclined (and rich), I'd have the entire GUP cover on my back..then again, I'm of mostly Irish descent and have the resulting array of freckles large and small covering much of my skin, so maybe they'd interfere with the light colors of the tattoo.

QUOTE (furie @ Sep 24 2011, 08:54 PM)
3R alchemy symbol from the Time Machine tour

what does it look like?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v739/betera/DSCF2039.jpg

This. It also fits my criterion of being recognizable to a Rush fan, but just a mysterious-looking symbol to a non-fan. I don't want to spell it out for them - I want them to ask me it's meaning if they're really curious cool.gif

Edited by 1 of the 7

QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Sep 24 2011, 09:23 PM)
The snake logo is really cool. If I ever get a Rush tattoo I'd probably go with that or the G/P logo. I'm just be afraid that I'd regret it someday. I still have time to think though since I think the legal age to get a tattoo is 18.

If you go with a "Grace" tattoo, better make it P/G!

laugh.gif

QUOTE (goose @ Sep 24 2011, 11:01 PM)
QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Sep 24 2011, 09:23 PM)
The snake logo is really cool. If I ever get a Rush tattoo I'd probably go with that or the G/P logo. I'm just be afraid that I'd regret it someday. I still have time to think though since I think the legal age to get a tattoo is 18.

If you go with a "Grace" tattoo, better make it P/G!

laugh.gif

laugh.gif oops.gif

Hey, I was hoping someone could help me out.

I'm looking for an image i saw once that i might get for my next tattoo.

It's the Counterparts triangles with the Grace under Pressure P/Gin the middle. I thought I saw it here on TRF but i can't seem to find it now.

QUOTE (Capt starman @ Feb 1 2012, 11:05 PM)
Here's a close up before I wrap it up for the night. The lighting in the room is a little glaring. Happy 2112 everyone.

http://i.imgur.com/GhL3Q.jpg

Wow, that is dedication. 1022.gif 2.gif 1022.gif

• Like 1

a good friend of mine has the tattoo of Icarus, which the inspiration was the story of Icarus, which he learned from the opening lines of Bravado.. "If we burn our wings, flying to close to the sun."

It's indirect. smile.gif

First of all, kudos to greyfriar for his continued concert experiences. So cool.

I'm 57, recently enlightened to the band, and after all these years of thinking about it, now I'm ready for a tattoo. I think I've settled on the "R" with the integral "3" and the amalgam symbol to its right. I want it visible without being "out there". Maybe inside of a forearm.

With all the wine I've had tonight, if I knew of a good artist, I'd do it right now. My wife would be outraged, but WTF.

QUOTE (salges @ Feb 2 2012, 09:32 PM)
First of all, kudos to greyfriar for his continued concert experiences. So cool.

I'm 57, recently enlightened to the band, and after all these years of thinking about it, now I'm ready for a tattoo. I think I've settled on the "R" with the integral "3" and the amalgam symbol to its right. I want it visible without being "out there". Maybe inside of a forearm.

With all the wine I've had tonight, if I knew of a good artist, I'd do it right now. My wife would be outraged, but WTF.

Thats what I said about a month ago, WTF. I have been talking about this tattoo for more then a decade. I'm 46 and been a big fan since the early 80's and my wife thought it was a cool idea to do it on 2-1-12.

QUOTE (salges @ Feb 2 2012, 09:32 PM)
I think I've settled on the "R" with the integral "3" and the amalgam symbol to its right. I want it visible without being "out there". Maybe inside of a forearm.

Cool, like the symbol I posted on the page before this? Please post some pics if you go ahead - I'd love to see what it looks like on someone.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e195/Rush_Fan22/image2.jpeg

Here are mine! Now healed. Anarchist symbol on the left, Watchmaker on the right!

It sucks having to explain them to non-Rush people. :P

• Like 2

Here are mine! Now healed. Anarchist symbol on the left, Watchmaker on the right!

These are awesome! I'm a wuss when it comes to pain so this is not an option for me. :|

These are awesome! I'm a wuss when it comes to pain so this is not an option for me. :|

Inside of the wrists is a really difficult spot - going over my tendons was a bit uncomfortable! Healing process sucked too because I couldn't bend or flex my wrists for a couple of days. But, I think it was worth it. ;) :rush:

• Like 1