Any movie you couldn't finish...

Janie

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Mar 11 2009, 01:41 PM)
QUOTE (tick @ Mar 11 2009, 01:58 PM)
Horror movies don't bother me much at all.

There was a scene in the movie "Trainspotting", where a junkie whore is on a Heroin binge for days before she realizes she has forgotten about her baby. She goes to the crib and finds the baby dead. The baby was blue. She had staved it to death. That scene scarred me for life.
Did anyone else see this ?

Yes a disturbing scene for sure. And later on the same baby crawling across the ceiling during some hallucination later on in the movie scared.gif

That was a fuct up movie, but I really enjoyed it and ended up buying the soundtrack.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Movies like The Ring, The Grudge, The Hills Have Eyes, Saw and Hostel and stuff don't bug me that much......EXCEPT FOR THE STUPIDITY OF THEM. I think those movies are completely stupid but the question is can I sit through one? Yes, I can but I would prefer not too.

QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ Mar 11 2009, 01:48 PM)
Irreversible was a tough one, but I got through it. If anyone's seen it, you know what I mean.

I know exactly what you mean. Very f*cked up movie. Probablyone of the most graphic rape scene ever depicted in a movie IMO and the fire extinguisher scene which is all I'll say if anyone wants to brave the movie and see for themselves

There hasn't been any disturbing type movies that I fail to make it thru (in fact I'm a fan of those types) but there are many I have failed to make it thru due to the movie being so horrible; especially with the writing and acting.

Some examples are

Idiocracy

Beer League

Hannibal Rising

and so many more

QUOTE (thesweetscience @ Mar 11 2009, 08:56 AM)
QUOTE (Xanadoood @ Mar 10 2009, 11:49 PM)
"Requiem for a dream" was quite depressing and i  felt sick at the end.

very disturbing movie.

This was the first one that came to mind when I saw the thread title. I had to pause the movie a few times and just walk around the house to settle myself. The quick editing almost makes you nauseous but I think that given the subject matter this was the desired effect. It was filmed in a chaotic way which I think was fitting. Great movie but disturbing as hell and a little hard to watch.

They should make all high school freshman watch it.

Yeah if you don't want your kids getting involved with hard drugs like heroin and even diet pills show them this movie.

Actually I don't think there has ever been a movie because it was unsettling although The Exorcist still freaks me out.....there have been plenty of movies I haven't been able to finish just 'cuz they were crappy.

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Mar 10 2009, 11:33 PM)
QUOTE (Xanadoood @ Mar 10 2009, 10:49 PM)
"Requiem for a dream" was quite depressing and i  felt sick at the end.

very disturbing movie.

Isn't that one of those heroin addiction movies? Because those can be tough to watch.

The horrors of addiction, yes.

amazing film, but very dark.

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Mar 11 2009, 03:45 PM)
QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ Mar 11 2009, 01:48 PM)
Irreversible was a tough one, but I got through it. If anyone's seen it, you know what I mean.

I know exactly what you mean. Very f*cked up movie. Probablyone of the most graphic rape scene ever depicted in a movie IMO and the fire extinguisher scene which is all I'll say if anyone wants to brave the movie and see for themselves

Absolutely....After I saw this I wondered how f'ed up the director must be in real life. What an f'ed up movie.

Another one that got me was American History X....that's when I learned the term "curbstomping" and wished I hadn't.

I try to avoid movies like these now.

Yes. I can not remember the title though. I began watching it on the web and turned this sucka off after twenty-someodd minutes of exposure. And, I'm about to tell ya why....So, turn down the lights and lock the windows....It is quite possible that someone here will know the title of this dark, disturbing fare based on my description below. When I say that this film is, BY FAR, the SICKEST movie that I've ever seen, the claim is NO exaggeration. And, in the less-than-half hour that I watched this god-forsaken mess, there was no graphic violence at all. It's all in the 'suggestion of things unseen' and in the realism portrayed in the acting.

What makes this filthy film so disturbing is that its fashioned after a real couple's home video. And, the film-maker succeeds in delivering a totally realistic product. Alright, here's the low-down, kids. You're given a video camera view, which is always from the man or the wife's perspective. They take turns filming each other as they prepare to show a two-room apartment to various unsuspecting victims. They're in the process of showing this apartment to folks who have answered an ad they've recently put out. But, little do these prospective renters know that when they show up at the house, they will be given a drink...and, in that drink will be a strong sedative.

The prospective tenants get whoozy while they're looking at the apartment and eventually need to sit down. The couple begins arguing over whether they should let the victim pass out on the bed, or whether they should coax her over to the tub. The two that they've hired to play the man and wife in this film are amazing actors and the squabbles which take place between them are very authentic. Very real. These two really seem like a married couple, and this really does seem like their home videos of recorded murder.

The couple argues up and back about random, household nonsense and the man finally puts down the camera. The camera comes back on and the wife is now holding the device. The man is cutting up pieces of the person who was just looking for an apartment an hour ago, and putting pieces of her in a black garden bag. The couple continues to argue about life's little nuances, like taxes and their children and whatnot. Some of the scenes, supposedly put on the same VHS cassette as their murders, are family scenes filmed at the dinner table with the kids, and while the wife does the laundry and the husband fixes a bench and shelf. Then, the following scene will be back to the tenants coming in, drinking the sedative and getting chopped up. Totally realistic, totally sick.

But, I can't emphasize enough how real this all seems to the viewer. Especially because I've never seen anything even remotely resembling a mock-home video where a married couple collaborates on suburban murder. It actually feels like you've stumbled upon a home-made snuff flick. And, that's what made this one so damn disturbing that I had to turn it off in less than a half-hour. Someone's bound to know of this movie and it's title. Watch this sucka at your own peril though.

Gross.

There was a bad movie, I think it was called Tideland. Druggy, morbid, and warped as hell. I couldn't take watching all of it. Stopped midway somewhere. It had a little girl snuggling on her dead Dad's lap after she gave him a fatal dose of heroin. Sick.

There was a scene in the movie "Trainspotting", where a junkie whore is on a Heroin binge for days before she realizes she has forgotten about her baby. She goes to the crib and finds the baby dead. The baby was blue. She had staved it to death. That scene scarred me for life.

i shit myself with anxiousness when I saw that. Ugh, creeped me the f**k out.

QUOTE (ozzy85 @ Mar 15 2009, 03:46 PM)
Gross.

There was a bad movie, I think it was called Tideland. Druggy, morbid, and warped as hell. I couldn't take watching all of it. Stopped midway somewhere. It had a little girl snuggling on her dead Dad's lap after she gave him a fatal dose of heroin. Sick.

I'm a professed Gilliam fanboy and I love Tideland, but yeah, it's such a depressing movie. I can see that one being hard to watch.

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Mar 11 2009, 03:41 PM)

Yes a disturbing scene for sure. And later on the same baby crawling across the ceiling during some hallucination later on in the movie scared.gif

Yeah, both those scenes freaked me out too..

But it was a pretty good movie, though...

Only one, Henry, Portrait of a Serial Killer, absolutley freaked the living shit out of me. I wasn't right for days. Michael Rooker was almost too good.

If I were ever living on the edge of sanity, it's one movie I would not want to watch.

The only movie I ever walked out of at the theater was Cry Baby. Holy moly that was bad. Since it was done by John Waters I already expected a certain tone but it wasn't "so bad it was good" it was just f***ing terrible.

One of the most disturbing movies ever was Gummo.

QUOTE (PanaceaFish @ Mar 11 2009, 07:10 AM)
I can pretty much watch anything too...

Except The Passion of The Christ...Man, I sat thorugh that one only once...

And I could never watch it again..

goodpost.gif

My wife was having contractions with our second child, and we decided to kill some time at home by watching a movie she borrowed from the library - Butterfly Effect, starring Ashton Kutcher.

About twenty minutes later, we both agreed "Uhh... let's not watch this!" I can't quite remember why it was disturbing, and the fact is we probably could've watched it some other time, but we wanted something a little less disturbing while awaiting the imminent arrival of our baby.

I saw the movie "Turtles Can Fly" in high school during sophmore year. It was a good movie, but I don't think I can ever watch it again, simply because of how powerful it was. It follows some young children in the modern day Middle East... (Kurdistan I think... I don't quite remember). The opening sequence shows a young girl committing suicide by jumping off of a cliff, and the rest of the movie is about the sequence of events in her life and the lives of her friends which ultimately led her to do that... I think the entire movie is in Kurdish... I'm not sure... It's been awhile since I saw it.

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Dec 26 2009, 07:28 PM)
My wife was having contractions with our second child, and we decided to kill some time at home by watching a movie she borrowed from the library - Butterfly Effect, starring Ashton Kutcher.

About twenty minutes later, we both agreed "Uhh... let's not watch this!" I can't quite remember why it was disturbing, and the fact is we probably could've watched it some other time, but we wanted something a little less disturbing while awaiting the imminent arrival of our baby.

You do realize you made this exact post already in this thread ?

Nation Lampoon's Christmas Vacation 2 : Cousin Eddie's Island Adventure

I LOVE the first Christmas Vacation, and I knew that CV2 wouldn't be quite as good as the first, but I figured I'd pick it up and watch it...seeing it was the Holidays and all...figured it would be at least PARTIALLY as funny as the original...

TERRIBLE. I honestly turned it off, and starting watching another movie, about 30 minutes into it - which is RARE for me. Not even Cousin Eddie could save it sad.gif

Edited by ALifeson85

QUOTE (ALifeson85 @ Dec 26 2009, 10:07 PM)
Nation Lampoon's Christmas Vacation 2 : Cousin Eddie's Island Adventure

I LOVE the first Christmas Vacation, and I knew that CV2 wouldn't be quite as good as the first, but I figured I'd pick it up and watch it...seeing it was the Holidays and all...figured it would be at least PARTIALLY as funny as the original...

TERRIBLE. I honestly turned it off, and starting watching another movie, about 30 minutes into it - which is RARE for me. Not even Cousin Eddie could save it sad.gif

didnt't even know there was a part 2.....